Thoughts on your teams 1st round pick(s)

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
I 'm very pleased with Biggs, and I'm on the fence on whether I like the Percy pick or not.

*Bob Richards*

Very happy with J.T. Miller. Hard grinding American who can cause havoc in the crease.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Two more words: Dougie friggin' Hamilton to the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins! Thank you, Kessel! Thank you, Burkie. What a friggin' month!

....OK, that might be more than two words.

SLNP

Gettin' Sykie wit it
Oct 14, 2010
Basking Ridge, NJ
This:

v3oeT.gif

1 Timer

Aug 23, 2009
Howell, NJ
Three words Devils got Larsson! Not thrilled with Strome at 5. but is was a fairly muted draft year. No Hall, Hedman, Tavares, Stamkos.

coolwasabi

Dec 18, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Pretty happy with Ryan Nugent Hopkins. I hear he was ranked fairly high.
Dunno much about the KlefBOM!, but he's probably the next Ray Bourque or something.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
You know, I'm happy with Bartschi. I wanted Feaster to draft a forward, and we got a killer one. I'm pleased.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
If you asked me before the draft who I wanted I would have said RNH and Klefbom... so i have absolutely no complaints whatsoever!

100angryvikings

May 4, 2011
St. Laurent, Quebec
To be honest, Im kinda disappointed that Burke passed on Puempel to draft Biggs. Puempel seems like top 6 scoring talent while Biggs seems to top out as a very physical 3rd liner.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I think Biggs over Puempel was a bad decision on Burke's part,

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
We had maybe the worst forward prospect corps in the league and then just added three forwards in the first round, so that's pretty solid. I think they really wanted Strome but Zibanejad is a nice consolation.

Plus I love the Puempel pick so long as they're comfortable with his injury history. A bit of a risk but a potential home run given his talent.

All in all a pretty good day.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I had no idea we'd take Scheifele but after reading up on him I'm very pleased with the pick. Looks like the Winnipeg brass sees enough in him to pass on Couturier.

patsbury

Feb 19, 2008
Montreal or Drummond
To be honest, Im kinda disappointed that Burke passed on Puempel to draft Biggs. Puempel seems like top 6 scoring talent while Biggs seems to top out as a very physical 3rd liner.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I think Biggs over Puempel was a bad decision on Burke's part,

Moving up to pick him up was probably the worst. I feel Burke is ruining Leafs' future

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Very happy with Kitchener Ranger Hurricane Ryan Murphy. It sounds like JR got a steal and didn't have to use any assets to move up to get him. A blue-chip D prospect... good stuff.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
Tyler Biggs is one of those guys you love to have around come playoff time, so I'm very happy he's in the system.

Stuart Percy I was a little less than enthused with but Leaf scouts seemed pretty high on him so what do I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->