Thoughts on the rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Can you give me an example of some realistic context where that quote could not be a slight at Ottawa...

Man oh man :laugh:

Same way everyone jumped on the stone quote.

Some people feed on this shit. Angry basement keyboarders looking to find a way to build hate. It is really sad.

The stone one is a perfect example. Even sportsnet reported it as a slight without any checks.

:m-shocked:

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Same way everyone jumped on the stone quote.

:m-ooh:

Hockey talk is a great thing

How about an example of realistic context where that isn't a slight, because I'm coming up blank.

Some people defend the org at all costs, desperate basement keyboard warriors constantly looking for a way to stay naive about the team, it's very sad

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Just edited my post. Gotta go hunt Easter eggs.
I saw, edited mine as well

“I mean what’s a rebuild? Ottawa is in a rebuild. They sold all their players and everything.” - Zad

There's the full quote, thought he was asked how they were in a rebuild, and he says he's not sure they are. Points to Ottawa being in a rebuild saying they have no stars and traded everyone away. That's the totality of what he says about Ottawa, that they are rebuilding with no stars and traded everyone away.

Uses MacKinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog, Barrie and Johnson as examples of stars.

A dumb, pointless comparison and comment by a depth player that I don't even agree with, but he says it when asked about rebuilds, it's a clear slight, likely not malice intended.

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

“I mean what’s a rebuild? Ottawa is in a rebuild. They sold all their players and everything.” - Zad

There's the full quote, thought he was asked how they were in a rebuild, and he says he's not sure they are. Points to Ottawa being in a rebuild saying they have no stars and traded everyone away. That's the totality of what he says about Ottawa, that they are rebuilding with no stars and traded everyone away.

A dumb, pointless comparison and comment by a depth player that I don't even agree with, but he says it when asked about rebuilds, it's a clear slight, likely not malice intended.

I see it as his interpretation of a rebuild.

He says Ottawa is in a real rebuild and that Colorado was not.

No slight, no malice

Just another example of a Twitter loser looking for shit to shovel

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I see it as his interpretation of a rebuild.

He says Ottawa is in a real rebuild and that Colorado was not.

No slight, no malice

Just another example of a Twitter loser looking for **** to shovel
The slight is saying we traded away everyone (we did, not a slight) and have no stars (a slight, Chabot is a star), in his opinion, not that we are in a rebuild and they aren't, that should be obvious...

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't get what you guys are arguing about here. clearly we are in a rebuild. that's a given.

are we arguing whether Chabot is a star?

Reactions: BondraTime

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't get what you guys are arguing about here. clearly we are in a rebuild. that's a given.

I don’t know what we are arguing about; however Chabot is a star player and will get better both defensively and offensively if he plays with skilled players.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

That's what I consider the slight in that quote, as I assumed was obvious, that's the only thing in the quote that would be considered a slight. I mean it's his only opinion on the team in the quote (a team with no stars), everything else is just fact. That's a clear lack of respect for Chabot, who is clearly a star, whether you consider that a slight to Ottawa due to Chabot being on the team is another thing.

I consider him a star, as would most NHLers I would think. Saying Ottawa is a team with no stars is a big lack of respect to Chabot, especially when in the same quote he mentions Barrie and Johnson as stars.

Last edited:

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
That's what I consider the slight in that quote, as I assumed was obvious, that's the only thing in the quote that would be considered a slight. I mean it's his only opinion on the team in the quote (a team with no stars), everything else is just fact. That's a clear lack of respect for Chabot, who is clearly a star, whether you consider that a slight to Ottawa due to Chabot being on the team is another thing.

I consider him a star, as would most NHLers I would think. Saying Ottawa is a team with no stars is a big lack of respect to Chabot, especially when in the same quote he mentions Barrie and Johnson as stars.

It could be a purposeful slight, which would be kind of weird.. as Zadorov has no real connection to Ottawa in anyway that I can discern.

It could also be like a lot of NHLers , he's wrapped up in his own/team bubble and just gave some answer he didn't even really think through.

The context was clearly around "rebuild" talk in Colorado. He probably just grabbed the easiest comparable was in his mind, which was Ottawa just conducting a firesale.

TL;DR : Seems highly dubious Zadorov was trying to kick Ottawa/Chabot when they are down.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Maybe I am wrong, but I see it as him explaining in the view that Ottawa is doing the 'real' rebuild - as in clearing house and that Colorado did not do a full rebuild, nothing more than that. That is what I interpreted people saying against the senators organization.

The comment he makes about no stars is in reference to we cleared all star players - So if the slight is about chabot and k-chuk are not considered stars in his mind, and I agree.

These are good players but not stars in many eyes yet, for sure. So a little slight for sure against the two.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Zadorov is just like everyone else....none of us know what the heck Ottawa management and ownership is doing. :laugh:

No worries, kid.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This season was such a drain. It's hard even to find something to comment on these days. The draft might be fun but free agency is going to be pretty blaaa.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh even if Stone wanted to stay there is no way EM would have matched the contract that he received in LV,never mind the marching band

5ive4Fighting

Feb 11, 2019
Lonely end of the rink
Stone said that both he and PD “tried hard to get something done”. A sole emphasis on the rebuild now doesn’t seem completely consistent with that. Hockey players will obfuscate their intentions before, during and after negotiations, and none of these crafted words should be considered to mean all that much.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
"We (Colorado) didn't go through a true rebuild, the kind that Ottawa for example is doing now."

That's how I interpreted the quote. Nothing worth getting worked up over.

(Though Chabot is literally an All Star).

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm sure it's not a direct quote, but there are only so many ways you can take a refusal to offer a no-trade clause.
If I remember correctly the talking heads said it was that it wasn't a full contract no trade clause, in that he would have it for the first few years and then it would expire, basically making it worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad