Thoughts on the rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
We could have hired Mike Yeo, and been in the same place we are today.

There were lots of bad choices for coach. We just picked the one who most resembles a bond villain. "Hiring anyone else" isn't the thing that would have fixed this team. It has to be the right guy... but the "right" guy usually costs $$$, so we're more likely than not going to hire the "wrong" guy again this summer.
How many "wrong" guys have to be hired until Melnyk realizes that he needs to pony up, or does he even care. He prob just doesn't care.

Hartsburg, MacLean, Boucher, Cameron, Clouston....may as well add another name to this pile of mediocracy.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
How many "wrong" guys have to be hired until Melnyk realizes that he needs to pony up, or does he even care. He prob just doesn't care.

I'm sure he cares deeply about finding the right coach that will steer this team towards multiple years of unparalleled success*

* as long as that coach is also OK with being paid one of the three lowest salaries in the league.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We are right there.. We are this close... I can see why Dorion is so excited .. and that when the GM told him they had to contend for a playoff spot , he bought right in. We are not at the bottom.. to Dorion this is a pass.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The Sens blew it up and are into the very early stages of a rebuild .. despite unpopular opinion.. It would be nice to be closer to the top on this chart vs down there with all the playoff teams.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It’s okay we don’t need draft picks. This rebuild is already in Phase 2.
And we have the trusty Dorion at the helm
101915382-stock-vector-a-cartoon-boat-captain-looking-drunk-.jpg

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Post the new chart at the end of next year, I am sure it will be drastically different

But 2020 picks won’t help us compete in the playoffs in the same year, and won’t make us a top cup contender in 2021, which is the plan.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Hartsburg, MacLean, Boucher, Cameron, Clouston....may as well add another name to this pile of mediocracy.

I think the keys are an owner with deep pockets plus a GM who knows how to build a team for the future. The coach has limited capability to make a great team; however he can screw it up.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Brucies article;
GARRIOCH: There’s no shortage of work to do for Senators before training camp in September
Again lots of rose coloured glasses optimism being pushed.

Best thing in the article on Ceci "If he doesn’t sign a contract that’s four or five years in length, there’s a good chance he’ll be dealt." He should definitely be going for longer term.

Very Encouraging - "Veterans Mark Borowiecki, Craig Anderson, Zack Smith, Jean-Gabriel Pageau and Bobby Ryan are expected to play big roles next year. Defenceman Dylan DeMelo and centre Chris Tierney, acquired in the deal with the Sharks for Erik Karlsson in September, will be expected to step up to help lead the way." - yuk no more please no more :surrender

The BS meter is reaching new highs!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I know. But we don’t know the context of what he is stating.
Can you give me an example of some realistic context where that quote could not be a slight at Ottawa...

Saying that Ottawa has no stars is a slight, no possible way for it not to be, as much as you'd like to defend the org.

Reactions: Acidrain66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad