Thoughts on the rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
As much as losing our stars has sucked, I'm genuinely excited about what all these picks and prospects will amount to. Feels like we turned at least a bit of a corner. And this is a prospects forum after all.

So, what do you think about the rebuild? Will we have enough pieces to be competitive in, say, 3 years? How do our assets stack up to other teams that have blown it up?

There's multiple other threads for negativity, so please try to keep the "woe is us" takes and the Jack Hughes lamenting over there. That stuff gets tiresome after a year.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Nowhere to go but up!

I won't spend a dime on this owner but I'm genuinely excited to see where the picks and prospects end up.

Reactions: Sen Of A Gun

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
We haven’t rebuilt properly in a long time, if ever since we’ve been competitive.

Like the poster above said, only up from here.

Reactions: Acidrain66

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I love following the prospects, so I'm certainly excited about that. I think Brannstrom will be playing with the big team sooner than later, and our D corps will probably be a position of strength for the first time in a while if all goes well.

We've got 11 picks in the first 2 rounds over the next 3 years, so there will be more quality added.

The NHL club will be tough to watch for a bit, but we've got some real nice pieces we can look to in Belleville.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
If our owner wasn't the brokest rich guy in this hemisphere, we wouldn't have needed to rebuild. Sadly, he is, which means if our team does get good again, then we'll have to rebuild before they become UFAs. So basically, this rebuild has until Chabot become a UFA for us to win a Cup, otherwise there will be another rebuild.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I figure my opinion means little as an outsider but I am too, I think that if you sit and pout about the 1st rounder lost to the Avs you're wasting your time. It happened, move on.

I am excited to see where you guys go from here. All things considered, Tierney and Brannstrom are good pieces long term. The first rounder was a need. Take this years lump, next years challenge and turn it around after that.

My one thing is that I hope after next season you guys progress well. Chabot and Brannstrom are incredible dmen to build around. Tkachuk seems like the right type of guy to have going forward. He isn't an Auston Matthews number one guy to build around but the right character to have for any years like Landeskog in Colorado. Strong character at a young age.

I also look forward to watching how you manage all the assets, it's a lot of quantity so I'm interested in how it shakes out, how maybe we see the cream rise to the top and who doesn't make the cut.

It's definitely not doom and gloom from the outside looking in from this guy.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I love following the prospects, so I'm certainly excited about that. I think Brannstrom will be playing with the big team sooner than later, and our D corps will probably be a position of strength for the first time in a while if all goes well.

We've got 11 picks in the first 2 rounds over the next 3 years, so there will be more quality added.

The NHL club will be tough to watch for a bit, but we've got some real nice pieces we can look to in Belleville.
Yep. I picked up an AHLTV subscription specifically for watching the new kids.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It’s not a rebuild this is an exodus of talent and players that don’t want to play hockey here. Do you think that just magically changes as a new group of players rotate in? No it doesn’t. The problem still remains.

Agreed.

You can't just view the picks and prospects in a vacuum. It's outright being in denial to get excited about this team's future considering the context.

The future means nothing unless you can nurture it properly.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Next step in the rebuild is to hire a coaching staff with proven experience in development at an nhl level with a strong emphasis on special teams!

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I like our prospect pool but we need a new owner.

Not to go offtopic, but to those following the Lebreton news,has there been any sign of Melnyk wanting to sell anytime soon?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I really do see a trend towards guys that won't break the bank and provide a 200-foot game. Norris and white in particular, but also batherson, pageau and formenton. Not sure if that is by design or necessity.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Maybe Lafreniere next year as well, loads of first and second round picks, with more if EK and Duchy sign.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I figure my opinion means little as an outsider but I am too, I think that if you sit and pout about the 1st rounder lost to the Avs you're wasting your time. It happened, move on.

I am excited to see where you guys go from here. All things considered, Tierney and Brannstrom are good pieces long term. The first rounder was a need. Take this years lump, next years challenge and turn it around after that.

My one thing is that I hope after next season you guys progress well. Chabot and Brannstrom are incredible dmen to build around. Tkachuk seems like the right type of guy to have going forward. He isn't an Auston Matthews number one guy to build around but the right character to have for any years like Landeskog in Colorado. Strong character at a young age.

I also look forward to watching how you manage all the assets, it's a lot of quantity so I'm interested in how it shakes out, how maybe we see the cream rise to the top and who doesn't make the cut.

It's definitely not doom and gloom from the outside looking in from this guy.
We could trade him for a 2nd and most would be pleased

Reactions: Emerica
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->