Thoughts on the rebuild? PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hun

Apr 8, 2019

Perhaps work on your reading skills before calling someone a liar, makes ya look extremely foolish!

Well, Garioch decided that Kelly in Boston would have more contact with his family, that Ottawa Senators lied?
P.S. I do not know how to formulate a question.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
My thoughts on the rebuild are more on the pessimistic side. I think most of the other teams in the eastern conference have been bringing in better young talent, it’s hard to see them making the playoffs in the foreseeable future. It’s definitely possible though, they may get lucky and draft some major steals and develop into a good team. I just haven’t seen anything yet to make me optimistic about the future of the team.
Draft steals will just be traded for lottery tickets again. It's a never-ending cycle.

How anyone can buy the shit they're selling is beyond me.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
$48 mil on the roster and we still need to sell draft picks lol.

If anyone still believes there will be a lick of commitment towards this rebuild, I am honestly curious as to why.

It's a peculiar situation they've put themselves in. On one hand only 6 players are signed beyond this season and they have 9 picks in the first two rounds of the 2020/2021 drafts. Lots of room for potential there.

On the other hand the MO is to move as much real money out as they can and compensate other teams paying signing bonuses with picks.

I think Dorion/Melnyk think they can sit on their hands and save money this year and hope a miracle happens in next years lottery so they can either a) use it as a "turning point in the rebuild" if they win it or b) use it as the excuse to burn through more picks to find marginal NHL players for next year.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well, Garioch decided that Kelly in Boston would have more contact with his family, that Ottawa Senators lied?
Kelly's wife teaches in Ottawa, so I'm not sure how Boston would be more ideal to his family life...

Reactions: branch

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It's a peculiar situation they've put themselves in. On one hand only 6 players are signed beyond this season and they have 9 picks in the first two rounds of the 2020/2021 drafts. Lots of room for potential there.

On the other hand the MO is to move as much real money out as they can and compensate other teams paying signing bonuses with picks.

I think Dorion/Melnyk think they can sit on their hands and save money this year and hope a miracle happens in next years lottery so they can either a) use it as a "turning point in the rebuild" if they win it or b) use it as the excuse to burn through more picks to find marginal NHL players for next year.
Winning the lottery changes nothing if the team keeps operating this way. Maybe it gets some interest for a few games, but the same issues will arise again.

Last edited:

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
Kelly's wife teaches in Ottawa, so I'm not sure how Boston would be more ideal to his family life...
So Kelly will have less time to communicate with the family? Or something else that the Senators lied about?:)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
is that a little pinch of negativity I'm seeing there?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I think you are on to something there.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
And why lie? Kelly wanted to consult with his family, rather than go on family matters. Once again I ask: why
Do you go to the gate?
If that came from Dorion to Garrioch no big surprise there right. I am not sure if he knows the difference between the truth and a lie.. He just says anything that can sugarcoat the moment and hope it doesn't come up again. If he's asked about it .. I am sure his answer will be you will have to ask Chris Kelly.

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
Not sure I follow what you are getting at
OK. A brief retelling.
Senators lay off coaches at the end of the season. Kelly offers some kind of work as part of Sens. He is going to consult with his family (it seems that the proposal did not suit him). Kelly decides to move to Boston. Garioch thinks so Kelly will have more time with his family ... Posters decide that Sens are lying (why, I don't know) ...
It's all...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
OK. A brief retelling.
Senators lay off coaches at the end of the season. Kelly offers some kind of work as part of Sens. He is going to consult with his family (it seems that the proposal did not suit him). Kelly decides to move to Boston. Garioch thinks so Kelly will have more time with his family ... Posters decide that Sens are lying (why, I don't know) ...
It's all...

Here's why you lie....Its to save face and avoid criticism of the fans, maybe players, people he worked with that were happy Chris Kelly was here ... They come away looking like they are doing something for him ... when in the end .. he wanted a PD job in hockey, the Sens were not offering him something he wanted and he was willing to move away to get one

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
2 pages of discussion on Chris ****ing Kelly.

It really is the off season over here eh :laugh:

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
OK. A brief retelling.
It's all...
Because that’s what they do and will continue to.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010

Hahaha I love the self-recognition here. I think you confused a lot of people with this post. Honestly my tummy hurts from laughing.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That he left to spend time with family. Looks like he just got a better offer.
I know a lot of people feel Garrioch is a mouth piece for the org, but was he claiming to be quoting sources or just speculating?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
OK. A brief retelling.
It's all...
Sure, I understand what was said.

What I don’t understand is that you seem to be suggesting that Kelly would have more time with his family, who work and live in Ottawa, by working in Boston compared to Ottawa, which was the reason given for his departure from the Sens by him. Obviously that doesn’t add up.

Not to mention Garrioch suggested it was to be with family a full 3 weeks prior to Kelly signing in with Boston.

You don’t see the fail in logic there?

The Sens offer wasn’t enough, and he took a better gig 3 weeks later. The whole “be with family” thing obviously isn’t true, and was just an excuse that Garrioch put out there, and may or may not have been taken as from the organization, as that’s how they’ve operated in the past.

Garrioch has been the Sens PR mouthpiece for years, they put information they want out through him, and will continue to do so. What he says gets taken, and for right reason, as what the Sens want him to say.

He announced signings of others, and gave a definite reason for Kelly not signing. No “his opinion” or “some are saying”, he flat out said Kelly wanted to spend more time with his family, which is clearly not true.

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Facts are quite the burden to Melnyks employees

If I just saw this on the internet. Must be a fact.

If Rookie the puppy leaves the team I can't wait for the stories to be concocted.

breaking-news.png

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Garrioch has been the Sens PR mouthpiece for years, they put information they want out through him, and will continue to do so. What he says gets taken, and for right reason, as what the Sens want him to say.

He announced signings of others, and gave a definite reason for Kelly not signing. No “his opinion” or “some are saying”, he flat out said Kelly wanted to spend more time with his family, which is clearly not true.

Any chance Kelly told the Senators organisation he wanted more time with family as a way out with a pending job offer? Yes.

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
Sure, I understand what was said.

What I don’t understand is that you seem to be suggesting that Kelly would have more time with his family, who work and live in Ottawa, by working in Boston compared to Ottawa, which was the reason given for his departure from the Sens by him. Obviously that doesn’t add up.

Not to mention Garrioch suggested it was to be with family a full 3 weeks prior to Kelly signing in with Boston.

You don’t see the fail in logic there?

The Sens offer wasn’t enough, and he took a better gig 3 weeks later. The whole “be with family” thing obviously isn’t true, and was just an excuse that Garrioch put out there, and may or may not have been taken as from the organization, as that’s how they’ve operated in the past.

We do not know what was the offer. Maybe he was offered coaching at Belleville or Brampton. We don't know what plans Kelly and his family had. In general, we do not know anything. But the conclusions about the lies Sense, we assume ...

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I know a lot of people feel Garrioch is a mouth piece for the org, but was he claiming to be quoting sources or just speculating?
I don't believe he specified, but he said it matter of fact as if he knew, so it comes off like he's quoting someone.

I guess maybe I'm wrong to assume it's been widely accepted that he's the official pr guy for the Senators now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad