Thoughts on Hartman getting jumped after leveling Silfverberg?

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
Lol he grabbed bennet before he jumped on grant with the rest of the flames, on a mike smith flop.... and got sucker punched then tripped on a stick and then bennet quit after he got tired.
If anything the flames were doing what everyone is saying the ducks shouldnt have done here
Lol tripped on a stick? Wow Manson lost fair and square. Manson dropped his gloves to attack Bennett. Manson initiated the fight and lost to a light weight lol.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lol tripped on a stick? Wow Manson lost fair and square. Manson dropped his gloves to attack Bennett. Manson initiated the fight and lost to a light weight lol.
Watch replay, manson grabs him as the flames rush to jump grant and then he reaches for another guy skating in at grant and thats when bennet throws 1st punch... if bennet caught manson like you claim he wouldnt have gotten up so fast and continued fighting until bennet tapped out. But there is a thread for that in fighting forums. You can rewatch it if youd like.

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
Watch replay, manson grabs him as the flames rush to jump grant and then he reaches for another guy skating in at grant and thats when bennet throws 1st punch... if bennet caught manson like you claim he wouldnt have gotten up so fast and continued fighting until bennet tapped out. But there is a thread for that in fighting forums. You can rewatch it if youd like.
I was there in person i saw the whole thing. Manson couldn't hit him and most people agree Bennett won except Duck fans.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
And right here is the big issue.

Someone lays a big legal or “questionable” hit on a player and he is immediately expected to drop the gloves in response and if he doesn’t, people like you think that whatever happens after that is fair game and “their” fault. I suppose you support what Bertuzzi did to Moore?

I do find it quite funny that in a league that has cracked down on headshots for “player safety” still allows players to chase others around the ice and punch them repeatedly in the head and face.

I remember clearly a game in which Cam Ward slugged Hornqvist right in the face with his BLOCKER hand while Horny was down in his back. Nothing came of it. No penalty, no fine, no suspension, nothing...

Players in the NFL routinely get smashed by big hits and they get up, dust themselves off and hear back to the huddle. There may be some chest bumping and trash talking involved but if a lunch is thrown there is an immediate ejection. Same in every other sport.

Now I’m not saying that fighting needs to eliminated, not at all. If two guys are willing to engage each other then let them dance. My issue is with the piling on of someone who MAY or MAY NOT have made a dirty or questionable hit, and then he has 3 or 4 guys on top of him and wailing away. It’s ridiculous and uncalled for.

I know many want the NHL to back to the “good old days” of line brawls and such but it’s not good for the game. People want to see speed, skill, puckhandling, great goaltending, and yes, big hits. What they don’t want to see is bar fights on the ice after every single big hit.

Those were the good old days.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It should be treated as a player randomly starting to throw punches at a guy for no reason. Because there was no reason. None whatsoever. Manson jumped Hartman for 0 reason given that clean body checks are legal.

If you say so, but that isn’t how it’s ever been treated.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I was there in person i saw the whole thing. Manson couldn't hit him and most people agree Bennett won except Duck fans.
I actually havnt said anyone won, i said bennet threw first punch and then quit towards the end. I dont think either 1 landed many clean punches.

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
I actually havnt said anyone won, i said bennet threw first punch and then quit towards the end. I dont think either 1 landed many clean punches.[ Bennett dropped him with a punch to the jaw which gave him the decision

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I get that bennet doesnt have much to be excited about in his career so ill conceed that moral victory to you.

But by the way manson jumped back up and continued fighting i doubt that punch landed very clean, or did any damage, and more than likely was a case of loss balance.

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
I actually havnt said anyone won, i said bennet threw first punch and then quit towards the end. I dont think either 1 landed many clean punches.
Point is Manson jumps people like he did Gio too. He Jumped Bennett and lost.

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
I get that bennet doesnt have much to be excited about in his career so ill conceed that moral victory to you.

But by the way manson jumped back up and continued fighting i doubt that punch landed very clean, or did any damage, and more than likely was a case of loss balance.
Bennett is a ok player but he is no superstar neither is Manson. His dad was tougher.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Point is Manson jumps people like he did Gio too. He Jumped Bennett and lost.
Bennet threw first punch.... and gio dropped gloves 1st? And honestly in both cases id say manson was pretty classy... bennet literally stopped fightin while they were engaged and manson stoppes throwing, he had gio in a very bad spot, after a pretty questionable knee on fowler and dint throw any extra punches.

I respect gio for choosin manson tho, props to him

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Bennett is a ok player but he is no superstar neither is Manson. His dad was tougher.
Different times... you wont see players like his dad in this era. I do think you are under estimating joshs toughness tho.

And hes not a superstar but 25 points and +25 on a team with a -4 goal differential is pretty impressive as a 6th round pick and a guy that is known as a stay at home physical defensive defencemen.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Hartman looked like a wuss for not fighting. That being said, he certainly does not need to. I did not like the response from Manson on a clean hit. Have to believe in the moment he thought it had some head contact. If not, then just an unnecessarily aggressive response that could have cost the ducks a game they needed to win.

should have likely been 4 min powerplay.
This sort of attitude is what is wrong with NHL fans, Hartman did NOT look "like a wuss" for not fighting, at all, in any way.

The refs look stupid for not applying the rules correctly, i.e., instigator and third man in penalties.

Reactions: Butch 19

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
I don't think someone should "have to" fight after a good clean hit like this one was, but at the same time I don't feel the need to cry about the Ducks players trying to defend a teammate.

Good stuff all around, as far as I'm concerned.
So penalize them properly, 2+10 for instigation, 5+Game for third man in, a long pp for Chicago.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Yes, it was a great hit and nothing dirty about it... But, Hartman knew what he was doing, which was the intent of laying a guy out... clean hit or not.

This is really pretty simple... Have any of you not ever played team sports?? Its called sticking up for your teammate, especially one that has has some concussions. I don't have a big issue with either Manson going after Hartman, or him not wanting to fight... although, personally I'd have more respect for Hartman is he would have balled up and just dropped em.
Of course he knew what he was doing, laying a perfectly clean hockey hit, you know, what the game used to be known for before players became so soft that any contact more than a nudge is now met with flying fists.

Stupid and moronic players don't know hockey is supposed to be physical.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
That's the way YOU deem it. You would rather dish it out like a child rather than a professional. Makes considering your stance in the past.
You play bro? Didn't think so.

There are rules governing self policing, in sorry that you don't know them because they are not written down somewhere but they are rules none the less. You don't spot pick, you don't fight a guy at the end of a shift you STOP throwing if a guy is defenseless, you don't throw on the ice, if there is a line brawl an you don't want to fight you still need to find someone and square up.

What I want is accountability on the ice where players are accountable to each other, not your whims of how the game should be.

Guys who lie in wait to get even are cowards. If that's you, you should at least know it.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
For those complaining Hartman didn't fight...is it really that hard to see that his hand is wrapped and he saying he cant.? Extra penalty and a game if he does...
So he's free to run goalies then and can simply shake his head no and point to his hand? How about no?

TheSituation

Dec 26, 2007
New York City
You play bro? Didn't think so.

There are rules governing self policing, in sorry that you don't know them because they are not written down somewhere but they are rules none the less. You don't spot pick, you don't fight a guy at the end of a shift you STOP throwing if a guy is defenseless, you don't throw on the ice, if there is a line brawl an you don't want to fight you still need to find someone and square up.

What I want is accountability on the ice where players are accountable to each other, not your whims of how the game should be.

Guys who lie in wait to get even are cowards. If that's you, you should at least know it.
I'm not your bro and yeah, I've played. You were a goalie so I don't think you know what you're talking about. Hitting someone legally during play is not lying in the wait, but like i said you were a goalie. You wouldn't know.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I'm not your bro and yeah, I've played. You were a goalie so I don't think you know what you're talking about. Hitting someone legally during play is not lying in the wait, but like i said you were a goalie. You wouldn't know.
So you intend to voice your displeasure by doing something you could do at anytime, anyways.

Yeah that sends a real strong message. You must be a peach of a teamate. Guy takes liberties against one of your own and you look at the scoreboard to decide whether you should respond then or at some later time at your convenience.

The idea of standing up for a teamate is that you are expressing your discontent there and then. You do it later by doing something you could have done has there been no liberties taken, what message does that send?

Don't answer it, everyone knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad