Thoughts on Hartman getting jumped after leveling Silfverberg?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
How is advocating for clean hard hockey snake-in the grassism???
The idea that you don't like the hit and then lie in wait to "get him later" is precisely as. Described. You take offense, you do something then and there.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Yes but if you are going to fight everytime someone "likable" gets hit you'd have a busy night. Look at hockey back in the good old violent days when it was actually a tough sport. No one would attack you for a clean hit unless it was on a superstar. If it is a knee on knee fine. Or if a guy has taken runs all night long. But for this?
Philosophy and user name do not match.

Reactions: snipes

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If there was mental gymnastics in the Olympics youd take gold every time.

It doesn’t take a particularly flexible mind to reach logical conclusions. Suggesting this is a psychotic outburst instead of a hockey player wanting to stand up for a teammate is not logical or intelligent. It’s simply ridiculous.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It doesn’t take a particularly flexible mind to reach logical conclusions. Suggesting this is a psychotic outburst instead of a hockey player wanting to stand up for a teammate is not logical or intelligent. It’s simply ridiculous.
A routine, nothing not-fight is evidence of a psychotic outburst says the guy who accuses other people of mental gymnastics.

Reactions: Sojourn

Steal Your Faceoff

Jan 14, 2016
NJ
Manson didn’t force Hartman to do anything. Manson jumped him for a heavy hit; Silf has already had concussions issues plus hockey is a fast sport, so Manson probably saw the hit and thought it was bad so he went to defend his teammate. Once he saw Hartman wasn’t going to fight, he stopped.

Stuff like this happens regularly, with the speed of the game and the mindset of protecting your teammates, it’s just going to happen.

So having had a concussion makes a guy off limits to be checked legally? Like I said in my earlier post, the whole thing about it looking like a bad hit to a guy in the speed of the game is a stretch. The whole play unfolded right in front of Manson and he had an unobstructed view of the whole thing. Silfverberg was on his butt for like a second before he bounced up and went to skate back into the play like it didn't even phase him.

Reactions: BrianE

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Look if i learned anything from the mainboards, no suspension not dirty/cheap... league didnt punish or mind what manson did so its clean and acceptable hockey play.

B e a utiful

Reactions: ducks8 and dracom

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Yes but if you are going to fight everytime someone "likable" gets hit you'd have a busy night. Look at hockey back in the good old violent days when it was actually a tough sport. No one would attack you for a clean hit unless it was on a superstar. If it is a knee on knee fine. Or if a guy has taken runs all night long. But for this?

I, like you, like fighting in hockey but I disagree with your comment about a clean hit on a superstar.

Back in the day a clean hit was a clean hit no matter who it was on.

Retaliate in kind and lay out some hard clean hits on the other team, ANYTIME a player lays out a clean hit and is attacked for it goes completely against the spirit of the game.

Attacking another player for a clean hit is cowardly and pathetic, it's that simple.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
So having had a concussion makes a guy off limits to be checked legally? Like I said in my earlier post, the whole thing about it looking like a bad hit to a guy in the speed of the game is a stretch. The whole play unfolded right in front of Manson and he had an unobstructed view of the whole thing. Silfverberg was on his butt for like a second before he bounced up and went to skate back into the play like it didn't even phase him.
Never said he couldn’t be hit. Seeing a teammate who has had those issues get hit will make any good teammate upset. Does it warrant go after Hartman? Probably not. I won’t get mad at Manson for showing emotion and standing up for a teammate.

Also it’s ridiculous to not consider the speed of the game. Way too many people take replays and slow motion for granted and forget the players don’t have that luxury,

Reactions: Rec T

sherwood sniper

Jan 25, 2010
For those complaining Hartman didn't fight...is it really that hard to see that his hand is wrapped and he saying he cant.? Extra penalty and a game if he does...

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Manson didn’t force Hartman to do anything. Manson jumped him for a heavy hit; Silf has already had concussions issues plus hockey is a fast sport, so Manson probably saw the hit and thought it was bad so he went to defend his teammate. Once he saw Hartman wasn’t going to fight, he stopped.

Stuff like this happens regularly, with the speed of the game and the mindset of protecting your teammates, it’s just going to happen.
If his concussion history is so bad he isn't allowed to be touched, probably time for him to retire.

TheSituation

Dec 26, 2007
New York City
The idea that you don't like the hit and then lie in wait to "get him later" is precisely as. Described. You take offense, you do something then and there.
That's the way YOU deem it. You would rather dish it out like a child rather than a professional. Makes considering your stance in the past.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I miss the days where you could deliver a booming, solid, yet clean check and play would just continue.

This "fight after every hit" garbage is so bush league. It's not even so much fighting as it is pushing/shoving/hugging
Scott Stevens: 0 career fights after hard, legal checks.

Reactions: 4thline

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Manson was given 4, Hartman 2.

I think manson should have got the double, and Hartman should have gotten 0(he got 2 for roughing) ... so they should have had at least a 4 min pp... refs messed up that call.
Yeah, probably 2 fewer than it should have been, but not egregious.

Reactions: Getz2perry

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
Yeah, no. That isn't what happened at all.

What actually happened was he wanted to fight someone who he felt took a liberty on a teammate, and he stopped throwing when he realized his opponent wasn't interested.

It should be treated as a player randomly starting to throw punches at a guy for no reason. Because there was no reason. None whatsoever. Manson jumped Hartman for 0 reason given that clean body checks are legal.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Manson does stuff like that. He tried it with Bennett and got dropped.
Lol he grabbed bennet before he jumped on grant with the rest of the flames, on a mike smith flop.... and got sucker punched then tripped on a stick and then bennet quit after he got tired.
If anything the flames were doing what everyone is saying the ducks shouldnt have done here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad