Thoughts on Hartman getting jumped after leveling Silfverberg?

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
It can be tiring sometimes.....clean hit thrown, scrum ensues because a response is required. Of course when Boeser gets hit and theres no response its front page news......

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Did the Hawks get a PP after that? Because that was a beautiful hit. Nothing illegal or dirty about that.

It can be tiring sometimes.....clean hit thrown, scrum ensues because a response is required.

I concur.

Of course, it has become so common, that if something like that happens on one of your players, you want your team to respond. Shows team toughness.

Reactions: bleedblue94

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Problem here is Hartman can certainly walk the walk too. Have to imagine it was for power play purposes?

Beauty of a hit. Not too mention the 2 for one on ducking Manson on the initial attempt who then falls into Kesler making him topple over.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Not too mention the 2 for one on ducking Manson on the initial attempt who then falls into Kesler making him topple over.

That was a thing of beauty.

giphy.gif

::golf clap::

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gorgeous hit. Don't like that not one but TWO Ducks dropped the gloves and a third came in with another hit. Wish guys could take the clean hit and move on but if you have to fight--and you will if you hit a Duck, that's fine--it would be nice to not have to pick amongst several opponents, that's kind of bush league and should result in more penalties.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Did the Hawks get a PP after that? Because that was a beautiful hit. Nothing illegal or dirty about that.
Yes, but we only got a 2min PP. Two guys sat for Anaheim, but somehow Hartman got a penalty for roughing which Edzo and a few other Hawks commenters seemed to disagree with.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I miss the days where you could deliver a booming, solid, yet clean check and play would just continue.

This "fight after every hit" garbage is so bush league. It's not even so much fighting as it is pushing/shoving/hugging

This

The NHL has gone to hell, nothing but a bunch of watered down over paid losers. Miss the 80's where players earned their pay scale.

Reactions: TheSituation

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Yes, but we only got a 2min PP. Two guys sat for Anaheim, but somehow Hartman got a penalty for roughing which Edzo and a few other Hawks commenters seemed to disagree with.
I can’t see why he got 2 minutes for that, how did he commit a roughing offence against Manson? He kept his gloves on and wasn’t a willing combatant. And yet Manson only got 2+2 for roughing? :facepalm:

Hartman should’ve got nothing, and imo, Manson 2 for Roughing and 10 for Unsportsmanlike. But that’s just me, and the games over :laugh:

Also for a clean hit you shouldn’t have to fight, but a dirty one I fully expect some kind of retribution.

Feb 24, 2017
Is Hartman the player that has become known for throwing fake punches to make players flinch? Because if he is, I feel differently about what happened here than if it were a less antagonistic player.

Reactions: Skip2myBordyloo

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Stupid, he shouldn't have to fight. Next time that situation happens, I'd like the guy to just refuse to drop his gloves. If he gets jumped anyway, give the other guy a lengthy suspension. This isn't the 1970's, the less fighting the better.

Reactions: Chrisinroch
Feb 24, 2017
Wether he should have to or not, in today's game if you throw those hits you better be prepared to fight, every time. It's not up to us, the players have decided that is the accepted response.
I like your train of thought here. “The players have decided”. Who are the fans to question what the players have decided is appropriate response?

Reactions: Skip2myBordyloo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad