Movies: Thor: Ragnarok

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
it looks like a ****ing visual show, not like a good story, like something, what can enjoy only stupid kids. Some bull**** that i can not take serius. And every time when i see (and hear) this ass clown who playng Thor, i want to kick his ass for some reason. All actors ****, though
Intriguing, I'd love to know more.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
i mean it's lame like Power Rangers opening. I would wanted something less comedy and more dramatic. Would be great if it would directed by Christopher Nolan :laugh:
But that's not the vibe of these movies. They're not meant to be dark and take themselves super cereal. It's a comic book movie that's meant to have a good amount of vivid visuals and comedy.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Early reviews are out. Currently sitting at 98%, and a lot of consensus that it's probably the funniest movie in the MCU, but comes at the expense of the drama at points it seems. Tessa Thompson apparently steals the show.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Early reviews are out. Currently sitting at 98%, and a lot of consensus that it's probably the funniest movie in the MCU, but comes at the expense of the drama at points it seems. Tessa Thompson apparently steals the show.
Still don't care for fresh meter. It's at 77/100 on Metacritic which is still quite good.

Wouldn't have expected anything positive from Tessa Thompson after her performance in Westworld.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
it looks like a ****ing visual show, not like a good story, like something, what can enjoy only stupid kids. Some bull**** that i can not take serius. And every time when i see (and hear) this ass clown who playng Thor, i want to kick his ass for some reason. All actors ****, though

I don't understand your view but the best part of this is you wanting to fight hemsworth.

I'd loved to see that

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Future MCU plans for Valkyrie and Korg

Meanwhile, Tessa Thompson spoke to The Independent about developing Valkyrie into the Han Solo of the MCU.
It was quite collaborative but [Taika] and I got on from the minute we met each other. He pitched Valkyrie as sort of the Han Solo over the movie and so I sort of knew the space that she wanted to occupy, and we wanted to subvert any sort of cliches in our portrayal of her. I say ‘ours’ because he was really integral to that.​

Lastly, Kevin Fiege revealed to Fandango that Marvel has future plans for its breakout characters: the rock man Korg, played by Taika Waititi in the movie, and his cockroach-like partner, Miek.
We have plans for Korg and Miek. When and where we’ll have to wait and see, but we, like the audience now that they’ve seen them, can’t get enough.​

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Here is what I thought of it

1. --Liked the humour--MCU has been taken itself too seriously lately
  2. Was concerned they were trying to jam too much into 2 hours but it sort of worked
  3. Annoyed by the obvious Disney involvement in have certain kid friendly characters to sell toys
  4. Tessa Thompson could be an interesting character if developed right
  5. Sort of a filler movie--but it worked
  6. Popcorn movie
  7. Took me a bit to figure out whomever wrote the movie read Sun Tzu Art of War
--

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
But that's not the vibe of these movies. They're not meant to be dark and take themselves super cereal. It's a comic book movie that's meant to have a good amount of vivid visuals and comedy.

The guy where everything goes over his head..

From the sarcasm of the post he decided to comment on. To the condescension that comic books and movies are meant to just be colourful and funny - apparently never seeing the Dark Knight or Logan or their comic adaptations.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
The guy where everything goes over his head..

From the sarcasm of the post he decided to comment on. To the condescension that comic books and movies are meant to just be colourful and funny - apparently never seeing the Dark Knight or Logan or their comic adaptations.
Where did I say all comic book movies are meant to be the same? Well played making a condescending post arguing against something that wasn't said in reply to a post you claim was condescending. Good job,champ.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
So many laughs, it could almost be billed as a comedy. Certainly not emotionally involving on any level, but it doesn't take itself seriously and it movies right along with some entertaining visuals and action set pieces. Likeable fun.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Just got back from Thor Ragnarok, it was fantastic.

Hela was a little overpowered, but, at least she had a motive to hate Odin.

Skurge got his moment.

Glad to see Tessa Thompson was a Valkarie, not the Valkarie, aka Brunnhilde.

The soundtrack reminded me of the old Flash Gordon movie.

Well worth a trip to the theater.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Really enjoyed it. Quite hilarious, loved Korg and talkative Hulk. Was concerned that the movie was "too funny" considering the events unfolding (not that they'd know), but I decided to chill the f out and enjoy, which was easy to do with this movie.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Really enjoyed it. Quite hilarious, loved Korg and talkative Hulk. Was concerned that the movie was "too funny" considering the events unfolding (not that they'd know), but I decided to chill the f out and enjoy, which was easy to do with this movie.
That's good advice for people. Just buy a bag of popcorn and enjoy the movie.

Karnage

Mar 9, 2004
Loved the movie. Totally missed the cameo on Asgard even though I heard rumours of it

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Just got back from Thor Ragnarok, it was fantastic.

Hela was a little overpowered, but, at least she had a motive to hate Odin.

Skurge got his moment.

Glad to see Tessa Thompson was a Valkarie, not the Valkarie, aka Brunnhilde.

The soundtrack reminded me of the old Flash Gordon movie.

Well worth a trip to the theater.

Hela the scorned lover trying to get back at Odin?
Hopefully it's a better love story than that of Thor and Natalie Portman.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Hela the scorned lover trying to get back at Odin?
Hopefully it's a better love story than that of Thor and Natalie Portman.

Hela is Odin's daughter who he used to conquer the nine relms then locked her away in a pocket dimension when she could not curb her blood lust.

Also, Mark Scheifele said he really liked Thor Ragnarok in his pre-game interview today.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
We are now 9 years into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Thor Ragnorok is the type of movie you would expect from this franchise. It's fun, enjoyable, and somewhat over the top with great characters, but I'm afraid I will forget about it in a month. I like these movies quite a bit, but I'm at the point in my viewing where I go in kinda knowing what to expect, a fun romp but not really a deep movie that brings anything new to the table. Thor is good, Loki is great as always, and I loved Tessa Thompson as Valkarie. I also had fun with Jeff Goldbloom and this is probably the closest thing we will ever get to an Incredible Hulk solo movie (With Mark Ruffalo who is probably the most underrated actor in the MCU). The story is fine, even though tonally a lot was lost (Asgard, Odin, I don't even remember what happened to the mother) and it was under the pretense of being a comedy. It would have been nice to get that emotional impact of one of the key places in the MCU being completely destroyed but that's not going to happen in a movie like this.

Overall, it was a good film and I had a fun time, but in about 2 months, this film will blend together with everything else in the MCU that it will become one with the big blob of movies. Heck, it's getting harder to keep up with the rankings of this franchise, that's how long it's gone and it's not slowing down anytime soon.

B-

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Did $121M at the box office on the weekend. Strong critic and audience ratings means that it will probably perform well, and reach $300M relatively easily.

It will be the biggest Thor movie, and be the biggest Marvel film that doesn't involve Robert Downey Jr. or part of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. I know that sounds like highly qualified praise, but it does speak to the power of the Marvel brand.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Did $121M at the box office on the weekend. Strong critic and audience ratings means that it will probably perform well, and reach $300M relatively easily.

It will be the biggest Thor movie, and be the biggest Marvel film that doesn't involve Robert Downey Jr. or part of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. I know that sounds like highly qualified praise, but it does speak to the power of the Marvel brand.

It’s not the power of the Marvel Brand as Fox and Sony continually lay turds with their movies.

The MCU movies are original, creative and very well written stories that are extremely well made. There’s quality people marking these moves across the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad