Thomas Chabot - The league's newest super star D-man?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
And yet he doesnt have the anywhere near the support that Klingberg does in Dallas (and leading his team in scoring), and plays a more of a two way game imo.

Its a notch above Klingberg imo. and realistically its closer to Karlsson.

Klingberg is great and he’s proven it over more games.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Klingberg is great and he’s proven it over more games.

Ok?

What Chabot has done over 12 games in his second year has been more impressive than what Klingberg has done with Seguin and Benn leading the way offensively for his team.

Not sure if Chabot will keep this up, but it would be remiss to pretend these 12 games simply havent happened.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Ok?

What Chabot has done over 12 games in his second year has been more impressive than what Klingberg has done with Seguin and Benn leading the way offensively for his team.

Not sure if Chabot will keep this up, but it would be remiss to pretend these 12 games simply havent happened.

it's also silly to use 12 games to make broad statements about him being way better than a guy that put up 67 points as a defenseman literally last season

you drastically overstate how much his team carried that too,he was 12 points behind Benn(the team scoring leader) last year and no other defensean on the team had more than 27 points

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
And yet he doesnt have the anywhere near the support that Klingberg does in Dallas (and leading his team in scoring), and plays a more of a two way game imo.

Chill, bro. Klingberg has put up spectacular seasons. Once Chabot scored 50-55+ then we can talk about that for now no.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
it's also silly to use 12 games to make broad statements about him being way better than a guy that put up 67 points as a defenseman literally last season

you drastically overstate how much his team carried that too,he was 12 points behind Benn(the team scoring leader) last year and no other defensean on the team had more than 27 points

I'm not saying (and have never said) that Chabot is a better player than Klingberg.

You guys really need to chill out.

I'm simply saying that hes had a magnificent start to the season, and is so far putting on a performance more reminiscent of Karlsson than Klingberg (ie leading a bad offensively challenged team in scoring).

Feel free to disagree with that however you guys would like, I'm heading to bed lol.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
He's been exceptional and has played better than Karlsson did last season. However, as much as I would love for him to do it, I doubt he ever will match Karlssons 2016-2017 form. That was the single best season I have ever seen from a defenceman in a long time and he was absolutely robbed of the Norris. Hoping he keeps it up and can one be the in the conversation with some of the sen's great!

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
It was obvious he’d be very good, but this good, this early is definitely unexpected.

It’s a shame Ottawa chose to trade Karlsson. Perhaps it’s allowed Chabot to break out like this, but they can each be the best player on the ice for 26 minutes a game.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Part of me even felt bad for Sens fans this summer and my team's managed by Bergevin lol. Let them have this one.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm

Realistically he is nowhere near Karlsson or Klingberg. Maybe if he can keep it up for 2 years.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
First time I watched him play in Jr I saw Superstar talent. The Malcolm Gladwell book "blink" applied for me you could just see the talent even if you never watched hockey before
This. You just feel it when you watch him. He's not just a good prospect having a hot start, there's something special about this guy and I could see him carry on this type of play long-term. No guarantee though

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Is he better than Dahlin?? Who knows.

Is he better than Reilly?? Most likely.

Good for the Sens. Fan base deserves it in a real sense, not their fault a tard picked the Arena location and the owner is penny pinching.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I wish I caught more games, but just from point watching he’s having a phenomal season.

No shade but I don’t understand why Boston chose to draft Zboril above Chabot.
That was actually the only excusable pick Boston made. At the time Zboril was the higher rated prospect of the two (Chabot broke out at WJC post-draft).
Now, the real question is why Boston picked Senyshyn over Barzal, but that’s an enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in dogshit. Still no answer 3+ years later

Reactions: Estlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad