Line Combos: This team needs to mix things up!

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
oki, lets shake it up good then :handclap:

Parise-Coyle-Nino
Zucker-Granny-Pommer
Cooke-Koivu-Fontaine
Haula-Brodziak-Mitchell

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
Koivu is not a third line player, Zucker need some more time in Iowa. IMO second line needs a big player around Pommer and Granny, but another hand Koivu and Parise it's not just working, so maybe they should try Parise-Granlund-Westerville.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Koivu is not a third line player, Zucker need some more time in Iowa. IMO second line needs a big player around Pommer and Granny, but another hand Koivu and Parise it's not just working, so maybe they should try Parise-Granlund-Westerville.
Seem to be doing fine as is the last few games...

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
Didn`t Koivu play as a winger early in his career? I know he is a C but wing aint that weird place for him, just a period try out or sumthing..

Koivu-Granny-Pommer
Pärisee-Coyle-Nino
Cooke-Brodz-Heater
Fontaine-Konopka-Mitchell

Opado

Jan 27, 2013
Koivu is not a third line player

IMO you need to earn your 1C spot every single night again and again. So far this season, or the last one he has not done that. If we keep some players "locked" in their positions... well then that is just stupid imo. Best players should play.

Well, tbh, he has not been that bad. But you get the idea :)

Last edited:

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
parise-coyle-nino
granlund-koivu-pommer
fontaine-brodz-cooke
mitchell-konopka-heatley

lets keep the heatley you suck train going

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
I think Pominville-Granlund-Coyle would have potential to be a first line, Coyle could take some faceoffs and he do have a great shot and he is a good skater and him and Granny do have some chemistry. Pominville-Granlund we now what they can do together. Intresting to see what they are gonna do with Heater, he wasen't so bad with Cooke and Broziak, but Fontaine is better fit there..

Realistic:
Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Pominville-Granlund-Nino
Cooke-Broziak-Heatley
Fontaine-Konopka-Mitchell

Fantasy:

Parise-Koivu-Nino
Pominville-Granlund-Coyle
Cooke-Broziak-Fontaine
Veilleux-Konopka-Mitchell

PP1:

Parise-Granlund-Pominville
Spurgeon-Suter

PP2:

Nino-Koivu-Coyle
Fontaine?-Brodin

J22*

Interesting take. I tend to think Parise is going to that dump and chase gear because it's the only recipe for any kind of sustained success when playing with Koivu. Whenever 9 is involved in an odd man rush, his complete lack of speed kills any chance before it starts.

Maybe I have a selective memory, but I recall seeing Parise create plenty of offense off the rush when he played for New Jersey. Then again, I didn't realize how heavily Parise relied on his work ethic to be as effective as he is before getting a chance to see him every night.

FTR- I am not in the Parise sucks club, I love the effort he gives. I am also not against splitting Koivu/Parise up.
I do have a serious problem with almost everybody claiming that Parise needs to be saved from playing with Koivu.

Parise was brought here (and paid more than Koivu) because Koivu wasnt good enough to carry a 1st line by himself. What does Parise do that makes Koivu better? Where are all the plays where the "speedy" Parise is stretching the D and hitting the "OMG he's so slow" Koivu trailing the play? Has anyone ever seen Parise carry the puck below the hashmarks? It's always either a shot from the boards or a dump behind the net.

Long story longer- Parise needs to start trying to create offense for his linemates whoever they may be, because the dump and chase he is playing will look even worse if he plays with Granlund/Pominville

tomthestone*

FTR- I am not in the Parise sucks club, I love the effort he gives. I am also not against splitting Koivu/Parise up.
I do have a serious problem with almost everybody claiming that Parise needs to be saved from playing with Koivu.

Parise was brought here (and paid more than Koivu) because Koivu wasnt good enough to carry a 1st line by himself. What does Parise do that makes Koivu better? Where are all the plays where the "speedy" Parise is stretching the D and hitting the "OMG he's so slow" Koivu trailing the play? Has anyone ever seen Parise carry the puck below the hashmarks? It's always either a shot from the boards or a dump behind the net.

Long story longer- Parise needs to start trying to create offense for his linemates whoever they may be, because the dump and chase he is playing will look even worse if he plays with Granlund/Pominville

Everything you say makes sense. I didn't take your comments to mean you were saying Parise sucks. Maybe separating the two would leave the team lacking a true first line that can play all 200 feet and go toe-to-toe with other top lines around the conference.

I just can't believe that more than 60 games after signing Parise, he has yet to see the ice with any center other than Koivu. With all the scoring woes the Wild have endured since the lockout ended, you'd think the staff would be willing to try Parise out on the second line.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I just can't believe that more than 60 games after signing Parise, he has yet to see the ice with any center other than Koivu. With all the scoring woes the Wild have endured since the lockout ended, you'd think the staff would be willing to try Parise out on the second line.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner folks!

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Parise doesn't need less ice time, he needs different line mates.

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Nino - Koivu - Coyle
Cooke - Brodziak - Fontaine
Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell
Heatley

Suter - Brodin
Ballard - Spurgeon
Scandella - Stoner

Jongdo

Oct 23, 2013
Interesting is what are they gonna do when Rupp is healthy. I dont see they playing Rupp and Konokpa on the same time..

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Nino - Koivu - Coyle
Parise - Grandelgrundel - Pominville
Cooke - Brodziak - Fontaine
Heatley - Konopka - Mitchell

is what I'd like to see.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
From Russo

Parise-Coyle-Heatley