Line Combos: This team needs to mix things up!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I like it, but you and I both know Zach and Mikko are attached at the hip. How about, just for grins....

Fontaine-Koivu-Parise
Nino-Granlund-Pommers
Cooke-Coyle-Mitchell
Heater-Brodziak-Konopka

In all honesty, this team should be happier than crap that Rupp isn't back yet.

I think Konopka is fairly useless as a winger.. I'd put someone like Veilleux in his place.

Also, Parise is a LW.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I think Konopka is fairly useless as a winger.. I'd put someone like Veilleux in his place.

Also, Parise is a LW.

Konopka is more useful than SV will ever be at any position. Then as soon as Rupp comes back (if ever) then Konopka sits and there you go.

And I just put em wherever on the line :D

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Aside from the penalties (especially his offensive zone penalties), I think this team can live with what they're getting from Heatley. His skating, however, is dictating that he's going to pick up those calls against so this is something the coaching staff really needs to hammer home with him.

Heatley isn't going to drive possession in transition or really even in the offensive zone. What he is going to give the team though, is a player the opposing team needs to account for because he still does know where the soft spots are on the ice. So while a kid might give the team more hypothetical potential in what they could provide or what someone like Mitchell might bring to the 3rd line; I still think Heatley keeps the team ahead of the game.

When the team starts to ramp up towards playoffs (or there about), then we can talk changes.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Simplest solution is:
- Coyle goes to #1 RW
- 2nd line stays in tact
- 3rd line stays in tact
- Fontaine goes down to 4th line
- Veillieux sits

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Underrated fact...Yeo was willing to move both Butch and Seto to the 4th line to send a message...will he be willing to do the same with Heatley? Bottom line...Heatley is still too talented of a player to healthy scratch. If the Wild can get him going and with some confidence that would be huge.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
PARISE-GRANLUND-POMINVILLE, DO IT YEO. Seriously.

For ****s sake hurry up and do this.

Koivu and Parise DO NOT WORK. Grandchild and Pominville are RED HOT together. Think of how lethal that line would be with a gritty guy like Parise working with them!

J22*

Granlund and Pominville are doing all of their damage on the rush, all Parise wants to do is dump the puck and grind.

I am on board with breaking up Parise/Koivu but think alot of you guys are in for a big surprise when you see who's been holding who back

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Parise-Granlund-Pominville..been saying it for weeks. Yeo has to realize eventually that Mikko and Parise do not work together. Period. I'd be more comfortable putting Parise with someone who can actually keep up with him.

Parise-Granlund-Pominville
Nino-Koivu-Coyle
Cooke-Brodziak-Heatley
Mitchell-Konopka-Fontaine

That isn't that hard is it Yeo? Do it!

tomthestone*

Granlund and Pominville are doing all of their damage on the rush, all Parise wants to do is dump the puck and grind.

I am on board with breaking up Parise/Koivu but think alot of you guys are in for a big surprise when you see who's been holding who back

Interesting take. I tend to think Parise is going to that dump and chase gear because it's the only recipe for any kind of sustained success when playing with Koivu. Whenever 9 is involved in an odd man rush, his complete lack of speed kills any chance before it starts.

Maybe I have a selective memory, but I recall seeing Parise create plenty of offense off the rush when he played for New Jersey. Then again, I didn't realize how heavily Parise relied on his work ethic to be as effective as he is before getting a chance to see him every night.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Parise-Granlund-Pominville..been saying it for weeks. Yeo has to realize eventually that Mikko and Parise do not work together. Period. I'd be more comfortable putting Parise with someone who can actually keep up with him.

Parise-Granlund-Pominville
Nino-Koivu-Coyle
Cooke-Brodziak-Heatley
Mitchell-Konopka-Fontaine

That isn't that hard is it Yeo? Do it!

I'm not one to rip on Yeo with his line decisions (other than Brodz on the PP) but this needs to happen

Billy Mays Here*

At this point I'm wondering if there's anyone who DOES work well with Koivu.

In before Mittens or Bruno jokes.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
Pommer-Mikko-Granlund
Parise-Coyle-Nino
Cooke-Brodziak-Heatley
Fontaine-Kenopka-Mitchell

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Underrated fact...Yeo was willing to move both Butch and Seto to the 4th line to send a message...will he be willing to do the same with Heatley? Bottom line...Heatley is still too talented of a player to healthy scratch. If the Wild can get him going and with some confidence that would be huge.

At this point we pretty much knew both Bouchard and Setoguchi were gone relatively soon due to the shortened season... Not saying Heatley is sticking around after this season, but we still have 60 games to play.

THEALLKNOWING*

Interesting take. I tend to think Parise is going to that dump and chase gear because it's the only recipe for any kind of sustained success when playing with Koivu. Whenever 9 is involved in an odd man rush, his complete lack of speed kills any chance before it starts.

Maybe I have a selective memory, but I recall seeing Parise create plenty of offense off the rush when he played for New Jersey. Then again, I didn't realize how heavily Parise relied on his work ethic to be as effective as he is before getting a chance to see him every night.

Parise needs to have a work ethic because he doesn't carry the puck, and can't win battles along the boards/behind the net. That is the reason why Nino or Coyle need to be on the first line - so Parise can try to stuff it in for the 1,000 time, or to jam it in the net 1 foot or less in front of the goalie. A big linemate is needed. Seriously, Parise has 66 shots this year, and the total length of his shots is 65 feet. That last goal he was given credit to it either bounced off him or the defensemen.

Too many on here equate speed/energy with being good. It can also mean a lot of wasted effort unless channeled properly.

BTW, Pomenville will have a better year than Parise. Also, at least he can score beyond 1 ft.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
I really want to see both Pommer and Parise away from Koivu.. Its not that i think Koivu is a bad player, but its easy to see that the chem isnt right were it has to be..

Put Granlund between the two and have Koivu between Nino and Coyle..

Pommer started producing when introduced to Granny, why shouldnt Parise?

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Parise needs to have a work ethic because he doesn't carry the puck, and can't win battles along the boards/behind the net. That is the reason why Nino or Coyle need to be on the first line - so Parise can try to stuff it in for the 1,000 time, or to jam it in the net 1 foot or less in front of the goalie. A big linemate is needed. Seriously, Parise has 66 shots this year, and the total length of his shots is 65 feet. That last goal he was given credit to it either bounced off him or the defensemen.

Too many on here equate speed/energy with being good. It can also mean a lot of wasted effort unless channeled properly.

BTW, Pomenville will have a better year than Parise. Also, at least he can score beyond 1 ft.

http://youtu.be/KNFXKOw_3Qo

And yes, i would love to date the girl at 0:26.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad