JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
MICHEL THERRIEN THINKS UP HIS NEW LINES

sholim-animated-gif-0303.gif

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I think the worst part about this news is the coaching staff still thinking Bouillon is a better option than Emelin on the PP.

The only excuse I had for them to keep Bouillon there was Emelin being out of the lineup. Now he's healthy and earning 4m/yr and he's still not seen as an option?... Feels like I'm being trolled by the master of trolls.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
LOL, DD plays with our 2 of our best 4 forwards in Patches and Gallagher.

Also still no Galchenyuk at center, despite him leading all forwards in pts. :facepalm:

Well he was tried there once. Against one of the best checking and defensive team in the NHL. Not to mention a team that was loaded with centers like Backes,Berglund,Roy,Lappy.

If you are going to try him at center why not do it against an easier team?

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
The only thing i'm really disappointed about with these new lines is Bournival on the 4th line. He's putting in way more effort than most guys and has shown without a doubt that he can set up plays and finish. It's a real shame that he's paying the price because other guys like Bourque and Gionta need to get going.

With Desharnais it's weird, i think the coach is seeing what i'm seeing, and that's that he's constantly putting himself in good positions to shoot or make plays, but keeps messing up completely. By putting a guy on his line that actually has some confidence, maybe the immense pressure of scoring and making the perfect play will be taken off his back.

But it's a big maybe.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The only thing i'm really disappointed about with these new lines is Bournival on the 4th line. He's putting in way more effort than most guys and has shown without a doubt that he can set up plays and finish.

Bournival deserves better but by the same token, he had only been playing on top lines on account of injuries. I don't like his current situation either but I can live with it -- at least he has an opportunity to stick with the team. He's a first-year NHL player who almost no one saw arriving this year -- and who knows, he might have been denied had everyone been healthy to start the season.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think the worst part about this news is the coaching staff still thinking Bouillon is a better option than Emelin on the PP.

The only excuse I had for them to keep Bouillon there was Emelin being out of the lineup. Now he's healthy and earning 4m/yr and he's still not seen as an option?... Feels like I'm being trolled by the master of trolls.

They are so so so stupid.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
This is undoubtedly Desharnais' last chance. The guy has one point in 19 games. If he doesn't do anything of value for the next game or two, I think there will be a big change (sent to Hamilton, most probably). There's no way they're doing this because they think he's playing well... use common sense.

Therrien and Bergevin aren't stupid. This is Deshardnais' last chance for the forseeable future if he doesn't perform. At least, I hope so.

fromthepast

Apr 3, 2013
Hey guys.. im not sure who I hate more.

DD, Therrien or Bergevin.

There's absolutely no reason to hate DD. He's trying. Therrien and Bergevin tho, may God help them. They clearly have other motives.....or they don't know what the **** they're doing.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This is undoubtedly Desharnais' last chance. The guy has one point in 19 games. If he doesn't do anything of value for the next game or two, I think there will be a big change (sent to Hamilton, most probably). There's no way they're doing this because they think he's playing well... use common sense.

Therrien and Bergevin aren't stupid. This is Deshardnais' last chance for the forseeable future if he doesn't perform. At least, I hope so.

Bouillon remains on PP2 even though Emelin is back. You still sure they aren't stupid?

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
Bournival deserves better but by the same token, he had only been playing on top lines on account of injuries. I don't like his current situation either but I can live with it -- at least he has an opportunity to stick with the team. He's a first-year NHL player who almost no one saw arriving this year -- and who knows, he might have been denied had everyone been healthy to start the season.

That's true, and i know he'll be fine in the long run. It's just a shame that on a team where most of the players considered offensive are struggling, he's one the that gets the short end of the stick.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Bouillon remains on PP2 even though Emelin is back. You still sure they aren't stupid?

Like they said, they're giving Emelin more ice time every game. We shouldn't be giving him 20+ minutes already. He's only played one game. Maybe they feel that throwing him onto the powerplay is asking too much of him in his second game back after more than half a year of recovery.

I don't think they're stupid, but I don't agree with other decisions they've been making. I'm just saying that people aren't thinking properly if they believe Desharnais is a permanent fixture in this lineup if he keeps playing as he has. I also fully believe Emelin will work his way into the powerplay after a couple of games.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Listen guys, I am not a huge fan of DD either but you gotta accept that DD is going to be on this team a while longer, at least 10-20 games even if MB does have some trade lined up. The Habs are built on 3 offensive lines and there's big problems when just 2 are clicking. DD has some talent (scored 60 points in NHL), and until management officially gives up on him (trade, demotion, buy out) it's the job of the coaches to try their hardest to get him scoring again even if it could mean a potential ugly result. The team is a lot better with DD producing than not, him failing increases the chances of the whole team failing, so even the guys who hate him here should hope MT can nurse some hockey mojo back into him.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Listen guys, I am not a huge fan of DD either but you gotta accept that DD is going to be on this team a while longer, at least 10-20 games even if MB does have some trade lined up. The Habs are built on 3 offensive lines and there's big problems when just 2 are clicking. DD has some talent (scored 60 points in NHL), and until management officially gives up on him (trade, demotion, buy out) it's the job of the coaches to try their hardest to get him scoring again even if it could mean a potential ugly result. The team is a lot better with DD producing than not, him failing increases the chances of the whole team failing, so even the guys who hate him here should hope MT can nurse some hockey mojo back into him.

A sane comment... so rare at times.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

Exactly what I'm trying to say! I agree completely.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007

Very well put, I think the frustration comes from the reason we got to this position. DD might be talented but hes been setup to fail from day one if anyone thinks this guy was ever a first line center worth whatever hes being paid. Unfortunately similar to Gomez when you're paid this much its not the line that should make you better but you make the line better. Its frustrating how much is being done to save this kid, but you're right we dont have a choice, mistakes were made and we have to live with them.

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto

This.

Bottom line is that the Habs aren't scoring enough goals, and are losing games because of it. Even if one line is going well, its the coach's job to win games, and getting a former 50-60 point centre going again would be a huge bonus to the team.

Also, both Bourque-Plekanec-Giona and Paccioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher have played good hockey together in the past. If both those lines can contribute something, and Chuckie-Eller can keep chipping in, the team should rack up some Wins. Sucks for Bournival right now, but sometimes the rookie gets the short end of the stick.

I also agree that this looks like it might be DDs last chance before something bigger happens with him. If he gets 3-4 games with Patches/Gally and nothing happens, he could be waived.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This.

Bottom line is that the Habs aren't scoring enough goals, and are losing games because of it. Even if one line is going well, its the coach's job to win games, and getting a former 50-60 point centre going again would be a huge bonus to the team.

Also, both Bourque-Plekanec-Giona and Paccioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher have played good hockey together in the past. If both those lines can contribute something, and Chuckie-Eller can keep chipping in, the team should rack up some Wins. Sucks for Bournival right now, but sometimes the rookie gets the short end of the stick.

I also agree that this looks like it might be DDs last chance before something bigger happens with him. If he gets 3-4 games with Patches/Gally and nothing happens, he could be waived.

This type of logic would be true.. if we didn't have a fellow named Briere who has scored more and scored more consistently over his NHL career than DD has.. He is also not been given the same opportunities as DD. First, he plays out of position. Then he plays his position, scores a goal and gets demoted the next game.

This isn't about having 3 scoring lines, or else Briere would be where DD is.. this is all about some hard on for a huge mistake they made in extending DD.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

The coaches job is to win not get certain players going. Obviously the team is better with Desharnais producing but we are potentially losing games/points right now by trying to get him going. It looks like it will be a tight race for a playoff spot. If we miss out by a couple points it will be because we spent 20 games trying to get DD going instead of trying to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad