Line Combos: Therrien Puts Juggling Lessons into Practice

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Full on blender mode MT @JessRusnak: #habs lines: Bourque-Plek-Gio, Galchenyuk-Eller-Prust, Pacioretty-DD-Gallagher, Bournival-Briere-Moen

Breaks up EGG again, Bournival still on the 4th line.

We all know how successful this was the first time. I guess it's more important to get Desharnais going, gotta give him the team's best RW. Sounds like DD's line will be the go to offensive line.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
MAG lines (twitter)

Anybody saw them ?

Basically back to the future, specifically last year, at least for top-9.

27 - 81 - 8
67 - 51 - 11
17 - 14 - 21
32 - bourni - briere-white-parros

My take ? If this goes well, will further evidence that the two best forwards are 27 and 11.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
It will be interesting. That's the least I can say.
Hopefully 67-51-11 brings magic like it did last year.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Full on blender mode MT @JessRusnak: #habs lines: Bourque-Plek-Gio, Galchenyuk-Eller-Prust, Pacioretty-DD-Gallagher, Bournival-Briere-Moen

Breaks up EGG again, Bournival still on the 4th line.

We all know how successful this was the first time. I guess it's more important to get Desharnais going, gotta give him the team's best RW. Sounds like DD's line will be the go to offensive line.

Its actually back to what mostly worked well last year, and DD is not the only one who needs to get going. And it's not like DD plays with our best forward in that setup.

Kinda screws Bournival, though.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Merge with Andy's thread. His combos are more accurate than mines for the 4th.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Its actually back to what mostly worked well last year, and DD is not the only one who needs to get going. And it's not like DD plays with our best forward in that setup.

Or he can always go back to the two lines that were already successful this season with Bournival with Plekanec and EGG. Briere looked decent with Pacioretty...the habs need to stop catering to Desharnais. He's the only player who gets more opportunities the worse he plays. I've never ever seen a team try so hard to get one player going, to the point where successful lines have been broken up to accommodate him.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal

Yes, yes. Yes DD does play with our best wingers and yes it does screw Bournival who should be in Bourque's spot.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
This whole situation is just sickening. Is this organization even trying to fix the team's problems (isn't our struggling offense obvious enough)? It doesn't look like it...

Favoritism and obscure PR strategies come first, once again.

Disgusting

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
What a gong show this has become. Bergevin needs to take Therrien's toys away from him and get DD off the team.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher would have been a much better line.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
This whole situation is just sickening. Is this organization even trying to fix the team's problems (isn't our struggling offense obvious enough)? It doesn't look like it...

Favoritism and obscure PR strategies come first, once again.

Disgusting

Let's just wait and see how it turns out...

Maybe it's just the optimist in me, but I simply think they are showcasing DD here. And obviously the DD, Patch, and Cole line were great that year - and it's looking more and more like Cole was the catalyst of that success. Gallagher doesn't carry the puck like Cole did, but hopefully his work ethic will rub off on those other 2 guys.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
It's Gallagher's turn to try and spark Patches and Desharnais. It worked well last season. But I remember them playing together in the playoffs for a couple of games and I remember feeling bad for Gallagher lol.

Him and Galchenyuk have unquestionable chemistry, and it's sad that we need to split them up to rejuvenate the slumpers. It could work though.

Bournival and Briere also showed some nice chemistry, and despite the fact that I'd prefer to see them play more than 8 minutes, they are a scary 4th line that can exploit many other 4th lines around the league.

Galchenyuk-Eller-Prust were reasonably good last season. I don't see why this line wouldn't be good now. Galchenyuk seems to play with more confidence when Prust is on the ice. They're good buddies and Prust will jump on anyone that touches Galchenyuk (I'm looking at you Foligno).

Bourque-Plek-Gio is a decent line. Any line with Plek is a decent line.

Hopefully this sparks our offence, because it does look like Therrien is in full-on panic mode right now.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
Therrien is ****ing Pejorative Slured.

Plekanec - Gionta - Bournival was a perfect 2nd line, of course we need to break it up.

Kid line is doing most of the offensive, lets split them up.

****ing Pejorative Slur

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Therrien is ****ing Pejorative Slured.

Plekanec - Gionta - Bournival was a perfect 2nd line, of course we need to break it up.

Kid line is doing most of the offensive, lets split them up.

****ing Pejorative Slur

Gotta make Bergevin's blunder look good. Getting Desharnais going is the team's number one priority right now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It will be interesting. That's the least I can say.
Hopefully 67-51-11 brings magic like it did last year.

Except 67 was producing last year. Now he's not and DD was a healthy scratch. This feels more like a demotion for 11 than a promotion.
I didn't really like that trio last year, I doubt I'll like it again. The only good thing here is that they'll likely get weaker opponents.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
Let's just wait and see how it turns out...

Maybe it's just the optimist in me, but I simply think they are showcasing DD here. And obviously the DD, Patch, and Cole line were great that year - and it's looking more and more like Cole was the catalyst of that success. Gallagher doesn't carry the puck like Cole did, but hopefully his work ethic will rub off on those other 2 guys.

Of course they are. They do everything they can to put him in a favorable position. Look at our lines this year, this is what I'm talking about.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV 21m
DD is perhaps being showcased. I can't think of another reason DD gets 19:00 and Briere 8:00. Lebrun says no market for DD. #ch #habs

If the bolded is the case, then there really isn't any explanation for this other than they are trying to get Bergevin's move to not look like a complete blunder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad