Line Combos: Therrien Puts Juggling Lessons into Practice

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Maybe this year is not good enough for Desharnais, but last year he was good enough to rehabilitate Subban.

Subban never needed to be rehabilitated. His progression is what was expected from him as of his rookie season.

Anyone watching this kid play could see he was going to be a star.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
What a gong show this has become. Bergevin needs to take Therrien's toys away from him and get DD off the team.

When my kids were younger and they got out of hand, I'd take the toy and put it on a high shelf.

If only we had a high shelf.

images

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Just cut the crap with DD right now.. it's time to cut our losses. There is better options on the team..

Pacioretty-Briere-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Bourque
Bournival-Plekanec-Gionta
Prust-White-Moen

You can switch Gallagher and Bourque if you want to keep the EGG line together but Galchenyuk and Bourque have had good chemistry the few shifts in the past.

Bouillon should be scratched for Murray.. PP1 should be Pacioretty-Eller-Galchenyuk with Markov-Subban.. PP2 should be Briere-Plekanec-Gallagher with Emelin and Diaz.

I get the same sick feeling watching desharnais that I'd did with Gomez. Actually, this is worse because at least Gomez had an impressive pedigree in new jersey, so I had a little hope for a while. With DD, I see zero

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I get the same sick feeling watching desharnais that I'd did with Gomez. Actually, this is worse because at least Gomez had an impressive pedigree in new jersey, so I had a little hope for a while. With DD, I see zero

The worst part is their trying so hard to get him going, that eventually he's bound to put up some points. Then they'll think their geniuses for getting him going, and getting into the playoffs with him playing 16ish minutes per game.

Once they make the playoffs, they'll get a reality check when they see their star get completely shut down like he did vs Ottawa. It's a lose-lose situation right now, whether he produces or not.

Just cut your losses, waive and demote him.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Stop bashing DD so much guys the situation wont get any better. Breaking the EGG line MAKES absolutely no frickin sense omg. Shuffling lines is a huge mistake in professional hockey even if it doesnt work because players wont learn to play together. Our last 2 damn or even 3 damn coaches didnt understand that including Carbonneau. Stick with lines and play them A LOT especially young guys. A player wont score PPG pace if you dont play him 20 damn minutes and we still dont get that. No way prospects will develup to their full potential in Montreal. How do you think AK46, Subban or Pacioretty developed? They had to play 20 + minutes a game. My goodness, us hfboards amateurs should be coaches or running this team.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
It's totally senseless to play DD with Pacioretty instead of Briere. Oh, except Max's feelings might be hurt if his little buddy gets scratched again. I want Gomez back.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Patches - DD - Gallagher used to be a great line, so I'd say that's about DD's last chance right there.

Edit: I'd still do Patches - DD - Eller for the kick of it, If I could juggle lines ;)

Mynameismark*

Egg line
Pacioretty-Pleks-Bournival
Bourque-Briere-Gionta
Moen-White-Prust
Parros coming in for the toughest games and when needed. DD gone. Also, if it were up to me, Bourque would be gone as well, and the lines would be altered to Prust on the third line and the 4th altered with the addition of Parros. DD just is NOT needed on this team when they signed Briere.

Also, insert Murray over Bouillon, k thanks.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
If it were me...

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
- This doesn't need to be explained

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
- Pleks is a strong puck mover, and Pacioretty will take 10 shots per game. Gionta is a net crasher and will convert some of those shots.

Bournival-Briere-Bourque
- Put Bourque and Briere back to their natural positions and they will start to produce. This line will work because Bournival is an absolute MONSTER and has a wicked snap shot.

White-Prust-Moen
- Doesn't really matter. Prust can fill in on a top 9 line depending on the matchup. Parros fills in for White as needed.

Patchs with Plek never works.

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
This DD obsession by coaching staff is mind boggling. DD`s place is press box or Hamilton. 19games, 0+1 and 1 SOG. Last game against Rags, 18min ice time? Pee wee coaching.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He is basically just randomizing the lines. Which anyone can do.

Which we can expect him to do again, in-game.

MT has tended to change his lines by the beginning of the 2nd period, as the Habs have not dominated any first periods lately. Chances are, current line configs. are not likely to last.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's bad but it's not as bad as some of the ridiculous lineups we would see from Carbo.

One thing I remember about Carbo is that it never occurred to him to try Kovalev-Koivu-Kostitsyn until his last game. He was fired that game, they won 3-1. Took him 2 years to try the most obvious line.

He pumped his fist when the game ended because he won, but his days were numbered. Gainey fired him, but he let him go on a high note.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
:shakehead

Please explain this rehabilitation. List the steps he took etc.

Helped him regress defensively and paired him with Markov on the pp. Maybe even trained Subban on his shooting accuracy and timing who knows. :sarcasm:

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
I'm not sure if some of you guys are serious or not. How can you guys not realize that if you want DD gone (traded) he needs to perform.... It's god damn obvious that if he constantly sucks he won't go anywhere....

Seriously... sometimes I wonder if there are any rational people of if they just whine for the sake of it.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
If the Pacioretty vs Therrien story is accurate then the players made their statement tonight.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
I'm not sure if some of you guys are serious or not. How can you guys not realize that if you want DD gone (traded) he needs to perform.... It's god damn obvious that if he constantly sucks he won't go anywhere....

Seriously... sometimes I wonder if there are any rational people of if they just whine for the sake of it.

You can count on me for rationality. I'm the only one here that has given Desharnais a chance all season, and although i don't think we can win a cup with him as a scoring centre, i knew, and know, that he's not useless.

You can see that he has chemistry with Pacioretty, it's obvious. they've just needed a guy on the other wing that works hard and that forces the defence to pay attention to him. Gallagher isn't Cole, but he offers a real threat that a guy like Briere couldn't do. With someone that disrupts the opposition as much that Gallagher does, it gives DD and Patches the time and space to make things happen.

I'm not completely sold that this means DD will suddenly turn his season around, but i think this is the first combination i've seen thus far where he has legit chance to succeed on a nightly basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->