Line Combos: Therrien Puts Juggling Lessons into Practice

KoZed

Mar 28, 2009
Q
Has Markov retired or something? As well, Diaz is fine on our 2nd unit. I'd want Emelin + Diaz to be our #2 unit.

Diaz makes me cringe every time someone sends him the puck on the PP. I'm always expecting he'll miss it and we'll have to get out of the zone. He looks scared that a penalty killer will run him over or something. That plus the fact that he's supposed to have a good shot but is either A) not using it, or B) is too scared to move around to give himself a shooting lane. He makes me miss Yanick ****ing Weber, and that isn't right.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't see how putting DD with Patches over and over with no results hasn't sunk in for MT yet.

I know he has a hard on for DD but FFS, put our best scorer on a line with someone who won't drag him down! Patches played well with Briere, Eller and Chuckie. Why does MT ALWAYS go back to DD & Patches? So Pejorative Slured!

Also, Plex with Gio. hasn't worked for quite some time. Why not break them up rather the the Kid line?

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Diaz makes me cringe every time someone sends him the puck on the PP. I'm always expecting he'll miss it and we'll have to get out of the zone. He looks scared that a penalty killer will run him over or something. That plus the fact that he's supposed to have a good shot but is either A) not using it, or B) is too scared to move around to give himself a shooting lane. He makes me miss Yanick ****ing Weber, and that isn't right.

Actually I would like to see Pateryn on our third pairing and on the second PP unit as a replacement for Bouillon. Frankie could become our #7 guy.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

Eric Engels
@EricEngels
1h

Raphael Diaz: 19 shots on net this year. Coaching staff has spoken to him about it, as @MAGodin asked Therrien bout this last week.

Marc Antoine Godin
‏@MAGodin
1h

@EricEngels Not only does Diaz record less than one shot a game but of all his shots attempts, only 21% hit the net.

Ouch.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
I don't see how putting DD with Patches over and over with no results hasn't sunk in for MT yet.

I know he has a hard on for DD but FFS, put our best scorer on a line with someone who won't drag him down! Patches played well with Briere, Eller and Chuckie. Why does MT ALWAYS go back to DD & Patches? So Pejorative Slured!

Briere hasn't played well all year... why the love?

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I think those days are distant memories. He is pretty much a one trick pony and the opposition has him figured out.

I disagree that the opposition has him figured out.
Most of the times, he has alot of space... but he goes for the easy-to-save shot from the side, halfway at the offensive zone. He has the effort and hustle... however, he lacks any bit of creativity. I think the most of his goals have come from being infront of the net.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

What I don't understand is that we break our best line without even trying other line combos. We can still have a good top 9 without breaking the EGG line.
The only reason I would be OK to break the EGG is to put Galchenyuk at C because I personally thing he's useless on the wing, and him and Eller doesn't have that big of a chemistery.
Also, I'm still waiting to see some offensive production by the Plecky-Gionta tandem and putting Bourque with them never seemed to click in the past, and I'm skeptical it'll work this time.
I'm not going to whine about DD being with our 2 best shooters because I understand what the organisation is trying to do, which is to at least give him a last chance.

So, assuming Galchenyuk will never play center this season, even if Desharnais keeps struggling, I would like to see this:

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Pleckanec-Bourque
Bournival-Briere-Gionta
Moen-Desharnais/White-Prust

Maybe one day.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
this guy is sending the players all the wrong message.

I don't get it.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I don't know whey DD gets 19:00 minutes but I do know why 8:00 minutes is about right for Briere. He has been horrible.

Briere has looked a lot better at centre and had 2 puts in his first 2 games back (both were on the game tying goals), then he got put on the 4th line which makes zero sense since we're struggling to score.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
The team's problems have mostly been well documented. Bouillon and Desharnais have naked pictures of Therrien... we know that. It's the only logical explanation as to why either of those two are even allowed access to the Bell Centre.

But one huge problem that is rarely addressed is our shooting. Has anyone noticed it's disgustingly bad? As in bottom of the league bad.

Every time a guy on this team decides to shoot, it either misses the net by 10 feet or dents the symbol on the goalie's jersey.

The first thing I'd do if I'm Therrien is have some serious target practice. And it doesn't stop until hitting the corners at game speed under duress is second nature. The main reason why some teams score a lot more goals is that they don't waste their shots so often. I have seldom seen such poor shooting from an NHL team. It's borderline embarrassing at this point. But the approach never changes.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Briere needs to get much more ice time, he's looked dangerous since coming back. Pretty fed up with how he and DD have been used.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
this guy is sending the players all the wrong message.

I don't get it.

You have to earn your ice time.
Dd plays 19 minutes..

I will not comment about individual players and the Olympic roster...
Price will no doubt be on team Canada..

Guy is a ****ing hypocrital moron

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Pacioretty and Gallagher have good chemistry so they should be okay theoretically. Habs probably going back with last season's lines like nothing happened with Galchenyuk/Eller back to 3rd line minutes with no PP time. Wonder how many shutouts we have in the near future. :laugh:

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Team has 3 goals in the last 3 games. Coach shuffles lines at practice to shake things up. Burn him at the stake! :laugh:

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Pacioretty and Gallagher have good chemistry so they should be okay theoretically. Habs probably going back with last season's lines like nothing happened with Galchenyuk/Eller back to 3rd line minutes with no PP time. Wonder how many shutouts we have in the near future. :laugh:

Gallagher's work ethic is infectuous. If a 5'9 guy will go to the dirty areas and take his beatings, it'll be embarrassing for a 6'2 guy like Pacioretty to play on the perimeter. So that might help.

This team isn't going anywhere with Patches and DD contributing as little as they are.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Gallagher's work ethic is infectuous. If a 5'9 guy will go to the dirty areas and take his beatings, it'll be embarrassing for a 6'2 guy like Pacioretty to play on the perimeter. So that might help.

This team isn't going anywhere with Patches and DD contributing as little as they are.

I agree with Pacioretty, he's the go to guy on offense for the team 2 years running, but DD has a replacement who's already more productive in Briere.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008

Break these two up already!

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
LOL, DD plays with our 2 of our best 4 forwards in Patches and Gallagher.

Also still no Galchenyuk at center, despite him leading all forwards in pts. :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad