The Yandle hit on Pirri.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Oy vey.

No. I'm not going to go through all those boxscores again. If the facts I've presented aren't enough, there's nothing left to discuss on my side.

Have fun collecting the data yourself.

No offense, but you wasted your own time providing the incomplete stats. I'm not about to go looking for something I know only exists in the memory of the few of us who seen all of what has piled on. More than I can count on fingers and toes.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Okay, let's venture deeper down the rabbit hole.

Panthers PK in the last 5 of the third:

Number of times the Panthers were given a penalty when losing: 7
Number of times the Panthers were given a penalty when leading: 7

Panthers PP in the last 5 of the third:

Number of times the opposition was leading and the Panthers received a powerplay: 7
Number of times the opposition was losing and the Panthers received a powerplay: 7
Number of times the Panthers received a powerplay when the game was tied: 3

The count did change slightly from my last count. Once again, I did not double check 82 boxscores.

Now mind you, this is not subjective data. These are cold, hard facts, not manipulated in any way, shape or form.

Hopefully at least some of you can see the emerging pattern here (The pattern other than my seeming decent into madness. I mean, really, who the hell looks through 82 boxscores for free? :facepalm: ).

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Okay, let's venture deeper down the rabbit hole.

Panthers PK in the last 5 of the third:

Number of times the Panthers were given a penalty when losing: 7
Number of times the Panthers were given a penalty when leading: 7

Panthers PP in the last 5 of the third:

Number of times the opposition was leading and the Panthers received a powerplay: 7
Number of times the opposition was losing and the Panthers received a powerplay: 7
Number of times the Panthers received a powerplay when the game was tied: 3

The count did change slightly from my last count. Once again, I did not double check 82 boxscores.

Now mind you, this is not subjective data. These are cold, hard facts, not manipulated in any way, shape or form.

Hopefully at least some of you can see the emerging pattern here (The pattern other than my seeming decent into madness. I mean, really, who the hell looks through 82 boxscores for free? :facepalm: ).

Don't get me wrong, I commend you for the research, bit unfortunately we are talking subjectivity. How many penalties re actually good calls, etc.

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
The more I study the .gif, the more I'd say Yandle's initial point of contact was Pirri's head. Based on the way Pirri's head snaps up, helmet goes flying, and then loses footing. Difference between his hit and the Ference hit is that Yandle and Pirri were on intersecting paths, whereas Ference took a clean run at Kassian. Either way, though, headshot on a player following the puck. Pirri had just dished it, Kassian still had it looks like.

Also, we haven't brought up the David Booth/Mike Richards hit here, or how the league handled that...

I don't know why you are studying a gif that is taken from an angle that doesnt show the point of contact. It is blocked from view by Pirri's body. The only way you can see the point of contact from that gif is if you can literally see through Pirri. And in this case, literally actually means literally

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I don't know why you are studying a gif that is taken from an angle that doesnt show the point of contact. It is blocked from view by Pirri's body. The only way you can see the point of contact from that gif is if you can literally see through Pirri. And in this case, literally actually means literally

Because initial contact aside, it's uncontroverted that his elbow chicken winged into Pirri's head. It was an irresponsible hit that should have been penalized and it being ignored can't be reconciled with a league legislating against head shots and limit concussions.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Because initial contact aside, it's uncontroverted that his elbow chicken winged into Pirri's head. It was an irresponsible hit that should have been penalized and it being ignored can't be reconciled with a league legislating against head shots and limit concussions.

Honestly, I'm with the greatest hockey player ever and all who agree to take out the stupid instigator rule.

Players would take a lot less liberties and be more careful if they knew they'd get the **** kicked outta them.

Speaking more on the Booth incident, and the dummies that did nothing. We out and got Steve MacIntyre. Deboer rarely played him. I should mention that the next Philly game after Booth got hurt, we literally beat the crap out of them in all ways possible. Nobody in the world would've stood a chance against us that night. Mac only got 2 mins, but with him just there on the bench, everyone on the team had balls ((((((((((this)))))))))) big. Nobody got the one over on us, and if they did, I'm sure even DeSchmuck would've let Mac loose to handle it.

http://panthers.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2009020533

Last edited:

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
the problem with instigator is how ridiculous it would get again. they need to rework it somehow, idk how, but i think its needed in some fashion

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea

Theres actually nothing uncontroverted about it (assuming you are basing this off the gif). You are subverting the laws of Science if you are honestly telling me you can see Yandle's elbow "chicken wing" into Pirri's head (what does that even mean?).

Go back to pg4 of this thread where you can see both gifs on top of each other. Take a look and tell me which one you believe is more definative as to whether contact with the head was made. Hopefully you will agree that the Kassian hit is more definative because its taken at a better angle, one that actually allows contact to be seen.

The Pirri hit reminds me of a fight scene in a movie. They always look so real dont they!? You would swear the actor has actually been hit... Then you see some behind the scenes clip or "making of" the movie and the actor delivering the beating is actually missing the victim (not even close). But if you film it FROM THE RIGHT ANGLE and add a sound effect, by golly, it looks real!!! Thats basically whats happening in the gif.

Furthermore, the ref was standing in a great position to see the hit, basically the same spot the camera is for the Kassian hit, no more than 10-15 feet away.

Now, if you were to come forward with some evidence which actually, uncontrovertibly shows head contact, my opinion would change. Honestly. If you bring me something that shows head contact, I will say, "head contact was made", and "you were right AG". But, the gif proves nothing!!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Theres actually nothing uncontroverted about it (assuming you are basing this off the gif). You are subverting the laws of Science if you are honestly telling me you can see Yandle's elbow "chicken wing" into Pirri's head (what does that even mean?).

Go back to pg4 of this thread where you can see both gifs on top of each other. Take a look and tell me which one you believe is more definative as to whether contact with the head was made. Hopefully you will agree that the Kassian hit is more definative because its taken at a better angle, one that actually allows contact to be seen.

The Pirri hit reminds me of a fight scene in a movie. They always look so real dont they!? You would swear the actor has actually been hit... Then you see some behind the scenes clip or "making of" the movie and the actor delivering the beating is actually missing the victim (not even close). But if you film it FROM THE RIGHT ANGLE and add a sound effect, by golly, it looks real!!! Thats basically whats happening in the gif.

Furthermore, the ref was standing in a great position to see the hit, basically the same spot the camera is for the Kassian hit, no more than 10-15 feet away.

Now, if you were to come forward with some evidence which actually, uncontrovertibly shows head contact, my opinion would change. Honestly. If you bring me something that shows head contact, I will say, "head contact was made", and "you were right AG". But, the gif proves nothing!!
Take a lil gander at the still shot then :)

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Don't get me wrong, I commend you for the research, bit unfortunately we are talking subjectivity. How many penalties re actually good calls, etc.

No, this is not about subjectivity. We have gone past subjectivity and into the realm of delusion. There is an absolute unwillingness to even consider the alternative with regards to officiating against the Panthers and a disregard for all facts, reason, and logic. That is delusion, not a subjective viewpoint.

Or I'm just flat-out getting trolled.

Hopefully it's the latter.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
No, this is not about subjectivity. We have gone past subjectivity and into the realm of delusion. There is an absolute unwillingness to even consider the alternative with regards to officiating against the Panthers and a disregard for all facts, reason, and logic. That is delusion, not a subjective viewpoint.

Or I'm just flat-out getting trolled.

Hopefully it's the latter.
My man, the difference between an over the glass shot and that Bjugstad call is ZERO according to your factual numbers. What's delusional about that?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
The very same one.
Look below, tell me what that dark bit on Yandle's shoulder is.
attachment.php

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
The very same one.

attachment.php

Is that Pirri's brains spilling out from that savage hit??? :laugh:

On a serious note... the fact that anyone defends the Yandle hit is really bordering on stupidity. Because Yandle's elbow is obscured for a fraction of a second you are willing to disregard the rest of the evidence, the motion of the bodies, the whiplash on Pirri's head... the fact that he is out with a concussion right now, etc.

I guess in a court of law you could get away with that argument (O.J. Simpson anyone?), but this is not that... this is just calling it like it is. He did not get suspended by the NHL maybe because of that technicality and the fact that the stupid ref got into an argument with Gudbranson calling it a great hit.... the fact is he did not have to raise his elbow like that on the follow through, well after the puck had already been shot.

Last edited:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Is that Pirri's brains spilling out from that savage hit??? :laugh:

On a serious note... the fact that anyone defends the Yandle hit is really bordering on stupidity. Because Yandle's elbow is obscured for a fraction of a second you are willing to disregard the rest of the evidence, the motion of the bodies, the whiplash on Pirri's head... the fact that he is out with a concussion right now, etc.

I guess in a court of law you could get away with that argument (O.J. Simpson anyone?), but this is not that... this is just calling it like it is. He did not get suspended by the NHL maybe because of that technicality and the fact that the stupid ref got into an argument with Gudbranson calling it a great hit.... the fact is he did not have to raise his elbow like that on the follow through, well after the puck had already been shot.
I feel if the goalie had enough control to react in time as pictured, I'd assume Yandle or any other pro millionaire hockey player would as well.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
The very same one.

attachment.php
There is direct evidence and there is circumstantial evidence.

The photo shows the direct evidence.

the circumstantial evidence is the motion of the bodies, the whiplash on Pirri's head, the flying helmet... the fact that he is out with a concussion right now, etc.

Both are equally admissable in a court of law.

I win this in front of a jury 9 out of 10 times.

Lose once because, well, people want to believe what they want to believe.

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
If players would more often just hit through and not launch themselves, these accidents would be lot less common. I know it creates more energy to the hit but it causes way too many hits to the head as you always hit higher that way.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
There is direct evidence and there is circumstantial evidence.

The photo shows the direct evidence.

the circumstantial evidence is the motion of the bodies, the whiplash on Pirri's head, the flying helmet... the fact that he is out with a concussion right now, etc.

Both are equally admissable in a court of law.

I win this in front of a jury 9 out of 10 times.

Lose once because, well, people want to believe what they want to believe.

I mean even after the Zapruder film came out millions of braindeads refuse to accept Oswald couldn't possibly have been the guy with the fatal headshot.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Can someone tell me how Jack Johnson just got 3 games for a head shot:rant: and this was nothing? I think next time we just lay on the ice call foul, tell our medic staff not to let the guy continue etc. this was bush league by the disp committee. :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad