The Yandle hit on Pirri.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
He also threw that shoulder in an upward motion. Filthy hit. I don't even see how Yotes fans are defending that one.

Jan 19, 2006
For those who remember the Richards hit and lack of reaction from the Panthers, I really, really appreciated having Gudbranson in the line-up last night.

IMO he truly took a step forward as a team leader.

He was truly worthy of the standing O that he received from the die hard core as he skated to the box.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
For those who remember the Richards hit and lack of reaction from the Panthers, I really, really appreciated having Gudbranson in the line-up last night.

He was truly worthy of the standing O that he received from the die hard core as he skated to the box.

Was going to mention this. Guds really gained some respect for me there. He went at the whole team, standing up for Pirri. Awesome to see.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

As meatloaf said...

You took the words right out of my mouth.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL

Can't believe how loud it was in there with that few people. Wonder how loud we could get that place with a consistently good team and a full house.

The other thing was Upshall gets called for the charge when his right skate was planted on the ice.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Can't believe how loud it was in there with that few people. Wonder how loud we could get that place with a consistently good team and a full house.

The other thing was Upshall gets called for the charge when his right skate was planted on the ice.

Id like to think the skeleton crowd who buys their way to the games is the 10,000 loyal hockey/panther fans.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
6r8fou.gif

What the ****???

Can anyone be truly stupid enough to defend that???

Watching this over and over, I now have tears in my eyes I'm so flaming sick of the league and its officials treatment for us.

Last edited:

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013

Gotta give Jussi some credit too. He went straight for Yandle immediately after the hit.
Guddy though....my goodness. He was ready to bust some heads.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Yandle's elbow hits Pirri's chest and the he kind of lifts it. Which is why people feel it's a clean hit. But... If Yandle's elbow is in Pirri's chest, where does that leave Yandle's shoulder? Ding ding ding! Right in Pirri's noggin'.

Jan 19, 2006
If the league is truly serious about protecting it's players, then it cannot allow careless hits on vulnerable players.

This is not a case of a player not keeping his head up. Pirri was on the follow-through and from my vantage point (which was much better than this GIF) Yandle had ample opportunity to hold up and had no reason to finish his check with an explosive upward movement.

One can only imagine the outcry if this had happened to a marquee player instead of Brandon Pirri from the lowly Panthers.

Jan 19, 2006
Yandle's elbow hits Pirri's chest and the he kind of lifts it. Which is why people feel it's a clean hit. But... If Yandle's elbow is in Pirri's chest, where does that leave Yandle's shoulder? Ding ding ding! Right in Pirri's noggin'.

Yup... and it's not the point of initial contact that I have issue with as much as the explosive upward movement that is directed at the part of the body that sits above the chest and is illegal to target.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I've been absolutely livid about the hit all day and my blood boiled even more since it was announced that Pirri has a concussion to be put on IR. Now, I see Alexander Burrows get suspended for three games on a hit I don't see as anywhere as bad because it was on a Habs player.

Sportsnet Hockey Central didn't mention a thing about it on their broadcast, but managed to talk about the Burrows hit for a few minutes. Then, at the end of the broadcast, they praise how many Leafs fans were in Columbus tonight and say how their morning practices get more fans than at Panthers games.

I'm just so freaking sick of the disrespect around the league at us. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Can someone explain to me how Burrows gets suspended AFTER they score a game winning goal in OT, yet Yandle gets off free?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Can someone explain to me how Burrows gets suspended AFTER they score a game winning goal in OT, yet Yandle gets off free?

Yandle took a cheap shot at a guy on the Panthers. That's all the explanation necessary. It is what it is at this point.

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
I know this opinion will be unpopular but i really dont care. Feel free to blast me if it makes you feel better.

But, there is no physical proof of where exactly contact was made on that gif. It's a matter of physics and common sense - Pirri is obscuring the view/point of contact. The same was as if you were to turn your back on me and tell me how many fingers am i holding up. It's simply impossible to see. So im sorry, but im not gonna join in the parade of "clear head shot".

Secondly, the gif DOES show that after his shot, Pirri lowers his stick almost horizontally to upper chest height. At that point the stick is suddenly is forced upwards. That cannot be disputed. Now, because it's the wrong camera angle, I cant definately say where point of contact was made, but common sense would say that the stick is forced upward because of contact with Yandle. If Yandle is the reason that stick is forced upwards, then contact had to be made with the stick or lower, right? In other words, if Pirri's stick is at his chest and is elbowed in his head, why does pirris stick fly upwards?

Now, the hit was slightly late, unnecessary and came out of frustration. I wont deny it was dodgy. But I will say that objectively, based on that gif, you cannot tell me it was a "head shot". Bring me proof and I will change my mind.

Oh yeah and blah blah blah conspiracy blah blah NHL hates the Panthers blah blah nothing goes our way

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
I don't think it was specifically a dirty hit.. but I think there should have been a penalty on the ice. Sucks that Pirri is concussed now, ****** situation and difficult call to make. I wasn't expecting a suspension though.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I know this opinion will be unpopular but i really dont care. Feel free to blast me if it makes you feel better.

But, there is no physical proof of where exactly contact was made on that gif. It's a matter of physics and common sense - Pirri is obscuring the view/point of contact. The same was as if you were to turn your back on me and tell me how many fingers am i holding up. It's simply impossible to see. So im sorry, but im not gonna join in the parade of "clear head shot".

Secondly, the gif DOES show that after his shot, Pirri lowers his stick almost horizontally to upper chest height. At that point the stick is suddenly is forced upwards. That cannot be disputed. Now, because it's the wrong camera angle, I cant definately say where point of contact was made, but common sense would say that the stick is forced upward because of contact with Yandle. If Yandle is the reason that stick is forced upwards, then contact had to be made with the stick or lower, right? In other words, if Pirri's stick is at his chest and is elbowed in his head, why does pirris stick fly upwards?

Now, the hit was slightly late, unnecessary and came out of frustration. I wont deny it was dodgy. But I will say that objectively, based on that gif, you cannot tell me it was a "head shot". Bring me proof and I will change my mind.

Oh yeah and blah blah blah conspiracy blah blah NHL hates the Panthers blah blah nothing goes our way

You do realise the jaw is considered part of the head?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad