Speculation: The Yakupov Over-excited/Cockiness Tactic

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Pissing off your teammates, and them not having your back when push comes to shove, might be a good reason to tone it down a bit.
But I'm just a bitter old man. stay off my lawn

tumblr_inline_mglhp0i6OA1r4pnzr.gif

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Cockiness and celebrations are entertaining and that's what they are there to do, provide entertainment. (Unless you're the other teams fans, then you might not like it so much).

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
I think it's a bit over the top sometimes and makes ya look stupid but since this Team could'nt score for about 20 years I say lets have a Yak attack after each of his goals.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
If we are on a 10 game losing streak and he's celebrating goals then I'll maybe take a bit of issue, but otherwise celly on Yak! Thats my favorite part about him, hes provocative, he gets the people going! But seriously when Yak celebrates everyone goes crazy, he's going to bring a lot of enthusiasm and it's great for the fans. He's not being cocky at all he's just excited and can't contain it.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
When you're the only guy on the team that does it, maybe it's not so funny but seen as arrogant. Not to say he's an arrogant kid, but perception is everything.

Actions in practice affect how his teammates may or may not protect him on the ice during the season. They're related.

Also loved it at the prospects camp. But that was a bunch of kids, of which he was top dog.
He's playing with professionals now some of whom are twice his age. These are guys he should be willing to bend over backwards to earn their respect. I think that starts with showing some humility.
God, when did I become that guy.

When you had to start bending to scratch your balls.:D

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Remember the kind of excitement OV used to bring? Never understood what's wrong with that.

Turrican*

Remember the kind of excitement OV used to bring? Never understood what's wrong with that.

We all know Don Cherry is gonna be razzing on him.

"Oh my god, that Yakbubob. How can Oilers fans deal with this? It's an embarassment to the sport! They should have drafted that good ol' Canadian boy Ryan Murray, from White City. Good tough Saskatchewan boy."

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
If a goalie is pissed about a player celebrating a goal whether in practice or a game he should stop the puck then. I have no issue at all with Nail being excited about scoring. Maybe some of the other players would score more if they enjoyed it as much:)
As for N64 I hate it. Waaaaay too "basketball" for my taste.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
Welcome to Alberta.

Land of whiners.

i recently decided to leave Lokomotiv boards i was frequenting for years because the amount of whining there went really REALLY out of hand (while the team is at the top of freaking division). are you saying now that i ended up at a similar place? :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad