The Winnipeg Jets look.. bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
They probably taste bad too. Unless you're a cannibal.

Losing after being up 4-1 on the Oilers. That's futile.

Viktor Vaughn

Apr 7, 2018
LAINE IS ON A 1 GAME GOAL STREAK AND THE JETS JUST BEAT THE NUCKS'!

STANLEY CUP HERE WE COME!!!!!!
Laine looked 100 times better last night than he did against the Oil. There is two Laines, the floater who doesnt give a shit and a confident dangle sniper, its a flip of the coin which you will get on any given night.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Laine looked 100 times better last night than he did against the Oil. There is two Laines, the floater who doesnt give a **** and a confident dangle sniper and its a flip of the coin which you will get on any given night.

Sounds like a great attitude to have.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Laine looked 100 times better last night than he did against the Oil. There is two Laines, the floater who doesnt give a **** and a confident dangle sniper, its a flip of the coin which you will get on any given night.

Very VERY true. I hate to say it but it really is a tale of two players. He can take over a game some nights, and on others, the puck dies on his stick. I lose my mind every time he loses the puck in the corners because he looks like he just didn't care. Then there's other nights where he dangles around a team and pops it top corner.

I don't know how often the Jets, or any team does this, but I would like to know how involved sports psychologists are in pro sports. To me, a person like that is just as important as any other part of the medical staff/trainers.

Viktor Vaughn

Apr 7, 2018
Very VERY true. I hate to say it but it really is a tale of two players. He can take over a game some nights, and on others, the puck dies on his stick. I lose my mind every time he loses the puck in the corners because he looks like he just didn't care. Then there's other nights where he dangles around a team and pops it top corner.

I don't know how often the Jets, or any team does this, but I would like to know how involved sports psychologists are in pro sports. To me, a person like that is just as important as any other part of the medical staff/trainers.

Thats an interesting angle. Laine is clearly confident and outgoing in his speech, but he has takes his every game very personally. If he is hot he can build off that confidence for weeks, unfortunately the needle can swing the other way.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoJetsGo55

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Leaf-fans should worry norr about kadri being -1 after 8 games......
Impressive for the best shutdown 30_30 guy in NHL. When I say -1 I dont mean +/-....

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I think Hellebuyck is a sieve, sorry guys.

In my head:
"Come on, this is clearly bait."
"He's just looking for a reaction....just let him be and he loses."
"You're better than this and you know it...don't stoop to his level."

ARE YOU MAD THAT HELLE HAS MORE PLAYOFF GAMES UNDER HIS BELT IN ONE SEASON THAN EDMONTON HAS IN 12.

"Dang it!"

Whileee

May 29, 2010
honestly they depend on their goaltending heavily as do the leafs. its the run and gun style. it works great if you have the puck. ala penguins. but if you dont get the goaltending it can be a disaster. live and die by the goalie.
This is a completely false narrative about the Jets. Last season they were among the top teams in the NHL at preventing high danger shots against. Defensive play was one of their strengths.

Last season they had a slower start than this season and ended up with 52 wins and 114 points. They have room to improve, but these false narratives suggest that some posters have no clue about the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad