The Winnipeg Jets look.. bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think as of right now, they could go one of two ways.

1. They're going sky high.
2. They go back and forth between struggles and success, and after the break they become superior.

Reactions: Aggie204

Bmania

Jul 22, 2018
Jets really did look bad today... played terribly again. Brossoit stole it.

Bmania

Jul 22, 2018
Looking at league standings in October doesn't tell any story

They won today on the strength of good goaltending. They spent a lot of time in their own zone, the top line has been atrocious defensively, and the top players didn't produce

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Paul Maurice is also a very weird coach. His teams will perform really well for a season then be back in the gutter the following year.

While this is absolutely true I don't think Maurice has ever coached at team with this much talent. And yes I include the Carolina team that made it to the SC final.

Even though the Jets are currently 5/2/1 they are beating teams that they should be but their team defence they played for most of last year is not there yet. Other then Conner their top six has been average at best and their best line so far has been their shutdown line of TLC. The Jets are still one of the youngest teams in the NHL that had success last season but still has a lot to learn about putting a good 60 minute effort every night especially now that every team in the league look at them as a team that can win it all. If they figure this out they will challenge for the President Trophy and be a major cup contender.

Reactions: PhilJets

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Switch goalies and the Yotes win. LB stole that game. He’s been a great surprise so far.

LB has been such a great surprise this season so far. I was worried if Bucky got hurt the Jets were in serious trouble but LB has done a lot to prove that he can carry the team when they are not playing well. This includes his play in both the regular season and his play in the preseason. The word was he would only play on game during this 6 game homestand yet the Jets played him 2 games. If he can continue to play this way the Jets will be able to play Bucky less then 65 games and keep him fresh for the PO's.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
LB has been such a great surprise this season so far. I was worried if Bucky got hurt the Jets were in serious trouble but LB has done a lot to prove that he can carry the team when they are not playing well. This includes his play in both the regular season and his play in the preseason. The word was he would only play on game during this 6 game homestand yet the Jets played him 2 games. If he can continue to play this way the Jets will be able to play Bucky less then 65 games and keep him fresh for the PO's.

Which is crazy because his form and overall game was a disaster last year. Shows what a fresh start and reset can do. Betting he worked hard on his game this offseason.

Reactions: libertarian

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Which is crazy because his form and overall game was a disaster last year. Shows what a fresh start and reset can do. Betting he worked hard on his game this offseason.

I think the fact that Bucky and LB trained together during the off season and are good friends helps a lot. When the Jets started to look at LB as their backup goalie Bucky was asked what he thought of him and he had nothing but good things to say about his work ethic and that his technical form was really coming into his own. While it has only been two games so far it is not like the Jets played great in front of him and he deserve the most of the credit for his 2 wins. I really like what I've seen with him so far.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Every game we win is only because we got lucky or our goalie stole it for us.
lol

Good to be lucky and lucky to be good.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Aggie204

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

The whole Oilers team was a disaster how can you even judge a guy. I thought in exhibition this year he looked really good. Big in net, in position, bit similar to Helle, and he has looked good so far this year.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The whole Oilers team was a disaster how can you even judge a guy. I thought in exhibition this year he looked really good. Big in net, in position, bit similar to Helle, and he has looked good so far this year.

Big thanks to the Oilers for giving up on Brossoit.

Now we have two decent goalies to steal games for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad