The Winnipeg Jets look.. bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royale With Cheese

Fuelled by Whiskey
Nov 24, 2006
What? The Jets got completely outplayed. Scoring chances, corsi, shots, expected goals, high danger chances. They got outplayed the entire game. It should have never got to that point.
Not quite. The Jets were up 4-1 you know. It wasn't magic.

They fell asleep in the third, and never woke up. Unfortunately, the Oilers did.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
LMFAO... Not every shot is equal, not every play is equal. There is so much that happens in a game that quantitative figures could never tell you.

This is how I know you have ZERO idea of what you are talking about....That's exactly what EXPECTED goals are...weighted shots....don't you have any idea of what the concept is? You clearly don't.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
What? The Jets got completely outplayed. Scoring chances, corsi, shots, expected goals, high danger chances. They got outplayed the entire game. It should have never got to that point.

Dude you must not have been watching... or a Leafs fan hoping for more love?

One period of prevent defense cost us a point. Not even a big deal.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
So not only are you leaning entirely on stats without actually having watched the game, but you haven't actually looked into any charts from Corsica or similar websites to see if what you say holds true? To save you some time, I'll let you know that those charts don't reinforce the "outplayed the entire game" claim. At all. Then again, objective analysis of the Jets hasn't really ever been your forte, has it?

Learned much from last year's snafu when you blasted the Jets on the main boards early in the season?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
the OP is wanting to cause trouble

Jets are 3-2-1 for 7pts only -1 goal against vs goals for. 10th in goal against, 11th PP 13th SH

last night Jets beat the oilers on give aways and take aways (TW 9-4) GW (14-19)

Reactions: Flair Hay

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
When you asked, "what can watching the game tell you that's stats cant". You literally said there is nothing left to know beyond stats.

Do you have reading comprehension issues? I said, "What DID watching the game tell you".....not "what CAN watching the game tell you..." Past tense vs. future tense, referring to 1 game vs many. You are trying to make it seem like I made some overarching assertion that stats mean everything....of course there is value in watching the game, I just don't think the eyetest said anything the stats didn't in THAT particular game.

MidWestJet

Jan 13, 2014
Do you have reading comprehension issues? I said, "What DID watching the game tell you".....not "what CAN watching the game tell you..." Past tense vs. future tense, referring to 1 game vs many. You are trying to make it seem like I made some overarching assertion that stats mean everything....of course there is value in watching the game, I just don't think the eyetest said anything the stats didn't in THAT particular game.

The eye test is the contexts of the stats, amd the contexts says your making a fool of your self

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Well apparently you didnt watch the game, so you have no clue what the I test would tell you.

You should learn to have a conversation without getting angry and confrontational. People can have differing opinions without you blowing up.

Reactions: libertarian

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
does the OP realize that there are 19 teams behind the jets in the standings?

If her think the Jets look bad I have to ask why he has not created a thread on one of Arizona, FLorida, NYR, Blues, Islanders, LAK or the Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->