The Winnipeg Jets look.. bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
They should be fine, though I don't think Helle repeats last year personally. I read something about how his underlying goalie numbers showed that he overachieved last year, and the Jets also had excellent D.

Paul Maurice is also a very weird coach. His teams will perform really well for a season then be back in the gutter the following year.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Do you have reading comprehension issues? I said, "What DID watching the game tell you".....not "what CAN watching the game tell you..." Past tense vs. future tense, referring to 1 game vs many. You are trying to make it seem like I made some overarching assertion that stats mean everything....of course there is value in watching the game, I just don't think the eyetest said anything the stats didn't in THAT particular game.

Just admit that you didn’t watch the game and have no clue what you’re talking about, like nearly every single post of yours about the Jets has demonstrated time and time again.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
They should be fine, though I don't think Helle repeats last year personally. I read something about how his underlying goalie numbers showed that he overachieved last year, and the Jets also had excellent D.

Paul Maurice is also a very weird coach. His teams will perform really well for a season then be back in the gutter the following year.

I’d be interested in seeing how this was determined. How can you say overachieved when your baseline NHL comparison is one below average full season, and a pretty good 26 game rookie trial. Never mind that he’s dominated at all levels prior to the NHL.

I’m not saying that Helle’s real ability is 0.924 and that there won’t be some regression, but there seems like a methodology issue here when we’re talking about a goalie with a relatively small NHL sample size to draw from.

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
Without Petterrson, The Jets should roll over the Canucks. That is something. The Jets are similar to the Oilers. One hit wonder. Such an unlikable group of players. Armia was a bright spot, in that regard. Hopefully the cap forces them to dissolve some of that putrid core, for a nice retooling. I miss the Thrashers.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Bad 5 games at the start season: Panic time

Bad 5 games in January: No one notices

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
This is what you get when you put your faith in one dimensional scorers instead of well-versed centers. Turns out there is nobody to carry the team in times of need. Well, it was high time this was broken down to the Jets fans too.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I took Ehlers over Nylander in a box pool cuz of the contract situation, ehlers is a bum

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Without Petterrson, The Jets should roll over the Canucks. That is something. The Jets are similar to the Oilers. One hit wonder. Such an unlikable group of players. Armia was a bright spot, in that regard. Hopefully the cap forces them to dissolve some of that putrid core, for a nice retooling. I miss the Thrashers.
Whaa whaa whaa. Calling them unlikeable and putrid? Someone's bitter.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I think the jets are the most overrated team in the league.

they made a huge stride last year but still have a lot of question marks.
who replaces stastnys production at 2c?
can hellybuyck be a vezina contender again? if not they are in trouble
when does nik ehlers break out of his slump? 23 games now without a goal

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
They need another center between Laine and Ehlers and another top 4 Dman even when Buff gets back. Little is pretty good but doesn’t seem to compliment those guys a lot. Also not sold on Maurice.

Roster is mostly stacked though, their forwards are awesome.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Paul Maurice is too rigid in his lines and his thoughts about the game. I suspect his assistents get very little say. If something works the first time, he is going to try it at least 20 times more. He needs to be flexible and see that things change.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Lol, all the usual suspects absolutely leaping into this thread with glee! Here's a hint guys, when all you do is trash a team, nobody takes you seriously in threads about that team!

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
This is how I know you have ZERO idea of what you are talking about....That's exactly what EXPECTED goals are...weighted shots....don't you have any idea of what the concept is? You clearly don't.

Yes, I've got no idea what I'm talking about coming from the guy who thinks you can understand what happened in the game by looking at box scores... You would make a great hockey GM buddy

Reactions: Flair Hay

Dache

Feb 12, 2018

They only had Statsny from the trade deadline, when they were already one of the top teams in the league.

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Tune in next week for another episode of "EARLY! SEASON! SILLINESS!!!!!!"

Reactions: SUX2BU

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Side note: After playing 6 games, we currently sit 3 points behind Nashville for top spot in the central. Has a team ever been able to overcome such a deficit with only 76 games to play?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Meh, it's mid-October. Outside of season year, they do tend to play like less than the sum of their parts, but I think that's mostly mediocre coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad