The Winnipeg Jets look.. bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
They’ll get going and be fine. Slim margins in the NHL these days. It’s super early.

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Dear Jets,
please get it together, you're killing my fantasy team right now.

All jokes aside, I suspect they will be fine. Way too early to panic

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Take Italy in real football (soccer), everytime they won the World Cup they have more or less looked bad in the begining. You dont win the cup by beeing the best team in the first 20% of a season/tournament, you just need to be "good enough". If they still have trouble around game 15-20 yeah, that would make me start to worry. As long Jets hover over 50% Im ok.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
[mod]

I think it's far too early to be suggesting there's problems in Winnipeg. Some teams have come out hot from the gate while others have been slower. The NHL season is a marathon not a race and I would bet that Winnipeg will be close to the top of the league by the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
[mod]

I think it's far too early to be suggesting there's problems in Winnipeg. Some teams have come out hot from the gate while others have been slower. The NHL season is a marathon not a race and I would bet that Winnipeg will be close to the top of the league by the end of the year.

I agree, they had a slow start last year too (including that Leafs blowout). To me this doesn't change anything, they're still a top team in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I agree, they had a slow start last year too (including that Leafs blowout). To me this doesn't change anything, they're still a top team in the league.
So why bring Leafs and into it? Obviously you can have a reasonable conversation and yet you're bring the Leafs into a conversation that has nothing to do with them.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I was actually stunned when Dallas trounced them early on, especially since Dallas has more or less **** the bed ever since that game. Winnipeg usually has their number, but they're off to a slow start it seems.

Reactions: King In The North

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Sorry. Perhaps I'm being a little too sensitive these days due to all the crap surrounding the Leafs on the main board.

All good, don't blame you. Leafs went from Grabovski and Bozak to Matthews and Tavares yet the hate remains unchanged.

Back to the Jets...still think Laine can score 50.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I was actually stunned when Dallas trounced them early on, especially since Dallas has more or less **** the bed ever since that game. Winnipeg usually has their number, but they're off to a slow start it seems.

Watching the game yesterday, they played really well and thought Morrissey did a good job shutting down McDavid. They just seemed to let go which you don't do when McDavid is on the team.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Helly propped them up last year and unfortunately that just means a longer leash for the coaching clown show of Maurice, Huddy, Flaherty
Yep. Usually such miracle runs do more harm than good. Now Maurice probably has 2-3 more years of leeway to waste the primes of a fantastic group of players.

Reactions: thegr8one66

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not sold on Helleybuck. With that being said they still have a real good team in front of him and all it will take is for him to get hot at the right time.

They could also be one of those teams that seeds low in the playoffs, but is a threat to beat the higher seed.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
honestly they depend on their goaltending heavily as do the leafs. its the run and gun style. it works great if you have the puck. ala penguins. but if you dont get the goaltending it can be a disaster. live and die by the goalie.

Leafs Record:
6-1-0

Leafs combined save % (Andersen+Sparks)
.897 %

Leafs are winning in spite of their goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad