The Winnipeg Jets look.. bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
That’s what happens when the leafs fans seem to take every chance they can to **** on the jets. I don’t understand the beef, is it because of the Laine/Matthews? Cause it’s not like the jets/leafs are big rivals I wouldn’t say

Lol, you are over two years and about a 1000 threads behind my man. You talking nonsense, we have no rivalry and nobody is out to get anyone.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
A bunch of previously dependable 30+ goal scorers, being snake-bit at the same time. Can't score to save their lives, on even strength.

Don't know what's going on, but you'd hope that it's just a phase. Last season the Jets made their name by having somebody step up, everytime somebody else went down with injury. Right now it doesn't seem like anybody can step up.

When it's down to Adam Lowry and Ben Chiarot having to score the goals, something is wrong.

Reactions: tntkid

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Meh. Might not perform quite at the same level as they did last year, but I take one look at that roster and think they are (at worst) the 2nd best team in a stacked division.

Show me more than 5-7 teams that would take their roster over the Jets. Arguably best top 6 in the league.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I did. I've said it for a couple of months. Two teams I can see have issues this year are the jets and Bruins.

I blame this on Paul Maurice. Both top-lines seem disfunctional atma. Wheeler has -5 and Little&Ehlers together 2a. Any other coach would scramble the lines. Should be something like:

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler

or

Ehlers-Scheifele-Perrault
Connor-Wheeler-Laine

Reactions: LAINEC and 1OApick

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Ehlers and Laine look bad atm.

They may be buddies off the ice but they don't have good chemistry on the ice, and should be playing on separate lines. Maurice has been trying to force a square peg into a round hole dating back to last season.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
Jets got no additions in the off-season, only subtraction. No wonder they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->