OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
^Yeah! That was really cool. I'm weird an my list is going to probably be 100% different than everyone else's would be :laugh: 24,000 minutes, 377 different artists, 1,631 different tracks.

Top-5 listened-to artists:
Eric Church
Zac Brown Band
Chris Young
George Strait
Kip Moore

Top-5 listened-to albums:
Chief - Eric Church
Wild Ones - Kip Moore
Metamodern Sounds in Country Music - Sturgill Simpson
The Cowboy Rides Away - George Strait
Carolina - Eric Church

Top-5 listened-to tracks:
Are You Sure Hank Done it this Way - Waylon Jennings
I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink - Merle Haggard
Luckenbach, Texas - Waylon Jennings
I'm to Blame - Kip Moore
Jack Daniels - Eric Church

Top-5 listened-to genres:
Contemporary Country
Country Road
Country (lol)
Pop Punk
Modern Country Rock

Seasonal Listening:
Winter = Eric Church, Waylon Jennings, Chris Young
Spring = Eric Church, Zac Brown Band, Chris Young
Summer = Eric Church, George Strait, Zac Brown Band
Fall = Kip Moore, Eric Church, Michael Ray.

Ha, pretty funny to look at the lack of diversity. I feel like I like a really large amount of music, but we all usually end up going back to what we really like for the most part. I listen to other kinds of music but that obviously wasn't reflected here :laugh:

Really cool thing to check out though.

We would get along... Mine were basically all Kip Moore, Whiskey Myers, George Strait, Randy Travis... Throw some Church, Jon Pardi and that's pretty much it.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
^Yeah! That was really cool.

You like Eric Church just a little. :laugh:

I'd encourage any other Spotify listeners to post their results so we can get an idea of everyone's music taste. It'd be cool to compare and make recommendations for each other. :yo:

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Something different and then I'm done. Outside of my genre norm, but can't deny she's very very good . . . And I might have a bit of a crush on her.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to post a music video. WTF??

I've also searched this website, and cannot find a thread showing how to post a youtube video.

Some help would be appreciated.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
If you just want to chill out, I strongly suggest this tune. Billy Idol's guitarist Steve Stevens is an accomplished flamenco guitarist.

Stevens is a good guitar player but electric guitars and drum machines disqualify it from being Flamenco though you can hear the influence.Pedro Javier Gonzalez is one of the best living Flamenco guitarists right now IMO,you should check him out.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Stevens is a good guitar player but electric guitars and drum machines disqualify it from being Flamenco though you can hear the influence.Pedro Javier Gonzalez is one of the best living Flamenco guitarists right now IMO,you should check him out.

I wasn't trying to say the song I posted was an example of flamenco, but rather mentioning that Steve Stevens is a lot more than just Billy Idol's guitar player. Perhaps I should have said he is well versed in, and heavily influenced by the Flamenco style instead. Here is another example of his "hybrid flamenco" .

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
I wasn't trying to say the song I posted was an example of flamenco, but rather mentioning that Steve Stevens is a lot more than just Billy Idol's guitar player. Perhaps I should have said he is well versed in, and heavily influenced by the Flamenco style instead. Here is another example of his "hybrid flamenco" .

I agree he is an outstanding guitar player and I like it that he tries different things.Stevens is a very well respected guitarist and the musicians he has done session work for is a massive list across many genres.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
These guys used to be known for their epic synchronized headbanging . . . I think they may have some neck damage in their older age so they've transformed that skill into epic fist pumping / fireball choreography. In all seriousness, love the band though and they always have awesome videos.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Frank Turner is coming to Minnesota for the 3rd time in a year come August (with Flogging Molly this time). Guy probably puts on the best live show I've been to, ridiculous energy, jam-packed with songs, extremely minimal banter so it's just gogogogogo, he blends one song to the next. Always plays a cover of a song by a band from the state/area he's playing in, he always does The Hold Steady when in MN because that's one of his favorite bands (Has "Damn right I'll rise again" tattooed).

He has 2 rules at shows: #1 Be nice to each other. #2 If you know the words you have to sing along. Probably my favorite artist, easily my favorite lyricist, I could post pages of his lyrics that I just love, but here are 3 of my favorites (plus the video for the last song).

I’m young enough to be all pissed off
But I’m old enough to be jaded
I’m of the age where I want things to change
But with age my hopes have faded
I’m young and bored of being young and bored
If I was older I could say I’ve seen it all before
In short, I’m tired of giving a s**t

You're wearing your most imperceptible frown
These people are adjectives to your proper noun
As you wander the streets of this phony old town
It's wearing you down

So come on now, Josephine
Let's pretend it's Halloween
You come as a car crash
I'll go as James Dean
I'm Napoleon on Elba
And you're a hundred days in 1815

Brought my Girlfriend (Who was lukewarm at best to Frank Turner initially) to his show in October and she came out insisting that we go again when he comes back, and that she needs to listen to all his stuff so she can sing along next time. I can't say enough good things about his live shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad