OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

usernam*

Love this song. Was made before I was born. Found it when looking for a song to play while playing on the Havana map in Black Ops. Catchy.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

no one is as good at mashups right now as Girl Talk--he uses T'pau for godsake. in the same song as ODB.

usernam*

I'm going to be happy when the Super Bowl is over so it doesn't get played 60 times a day and can be out of my head.

Unless he becomes a Penguins fan.

And if the Pirates magically do OK this year.

If those two things happen, you get to hear it year round!

usernam*

Calling it here first: Andrew McCutchen, Lyle Overbay, and Ross Ohlendorf are gonna bring that team above the 70 win mark.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I was just thinking on my drive in to work today I can't think of a better musician who's come along in the last 10 years than John Mayer. It's just unfair the amount of talent that guy has (guitarist, singer, songwriter, lyricist, performer).

I tried getting in to the Avett Brothers and the Decemberists this week but they're so annoying with the neo-commune folksy little house on the prairie routine. The music is good, but then it gets annoying because it's so derivative of The Band, and Neil Young, and Bob Dylan, and lots of other folk rock acts of the 60's.

I'll keep trying to get in to the indie rock you kids love so much though. I did hear a good Tapes n Tapes song on the current and I've been meaning to check them out for a while now.

Also, side note, after being a huge Lifter Puller fan, I can't do the Hold Steady at all. It's not bad, maybe it's just because I heard most of what makes them unique (i.e. Craig Finn) 10 years ago and burned myself out on it.

But not to be Debbie Downer, here's probably my favorite band of the last several years:

I'm a huge Jonny Craig fan. If I came across a singer HALF that good, I would come out of musical retirement to play with him.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
I don't get the John Mayer thing. He's probably really solid but I don't get it. Maybe it's because i can't separate him and Mraz and I want to run that ******* over with a cement truck every time I hear him.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
I don't get the John Mayer thing. He's probably really solid but I don't get it. Maybe it's because i can't separate him and Mraz and I want to run that ******* over with a cement truck every time I hear him.
Listen to his stuff with the John Mayer Three. That will help separate the pop preconception with the skilled musician.

CT*

This is a rapid turn from my usual taste of music, but for some reason I love Viking Metal, everything about it is extremely epic.. I love songs where they tell an actual story in the lyrics, especially when it's about mythology and ****. FRIGGEN EPIC.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
This is a rapid turn from my usual taste of music, but for some reason I love Viking Metal, everything about it is extremely epic.. I love songs where they tell an actual story in the lyrics, especially when it's about mythology and ****. FRIGGEN EPIC.

One of my best friends is the same way. Every time he listens to it he gets super pumped up and usually ends up breaking something. After long enough he'll start to speak in the fashion that the lyrics were written.. Like straight outta "300" ****. Funny when drinking.

Last edited:

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
how about some good ol' bummer music about being screwed over and then being all awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad