OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Whoah. This is album of the year for me, I am completely blown away, stunned. Kind of stoner rock flavored doom. Their first album was good ... this is great.:yo:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Welp, gotta go buy this album now. Such good production.

Great Album.

The New P.O.S. album is fantastic, I love some of the darker/punk-esque influences you can see in his music, from solo stuff to Doomtree.

NSFW audio

Begging please just lie to me
We can suffer silently
Dagger up my abdomen
Empty every f*****g cavity please

Also the Dead Man Winter album "Furnace" is good, such a real look at a man going through a divorce.

No matter how I try
It's not made to last
But I can't say goodbye
I thought it would be alright to be alone
There's ghosts in the living room
And this house is not my home
We're drifting away
This house is on fire
And I'm not getting out

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Hey guys/gals,

I'm currently looking for songs to get jacked to during a workout. Looking for songs similar to:
Beast - TechN9ne
Til I Collapse - Eminem
My Body - Young The Giant

Doesn't have to be rap or hip-hop persay.

Thanks in advance!

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Hey guys/gals,

I'm currently looking for songs to get jacked to during a workout. Looking for songs similar to:
Beast - TechN9ne
Til I Collapse - Eminem
My Body - Young The Giant

Doesn't have to be rap or hip-hop persay.

Thanks in advance!

I'm a metal guy so I'll throw some of mine in the mix.:
Atreyu - Honor
Warpath - Damnation
Onslaught - Fuel For My Fire
Havok - Prepare For Attack (best thing from Colorado ever)
The Haunted - Trend Killer
Trivium - Anthem
Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver
Austrian Death Machine - One More Rep (and everything else from this lunatic)

Rap/Hip-hop:

D12 - Fight Music
Fort Minor - Remember The Name
...oh god so much cliches...
Jay Z - 99 Problems
Hopsin - Rip Your Heart Out

Other:

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Survivor - Burning Heart
Pendulum - Propane Nightmares
Beastie Boys - Sabotage / Fight For Your Right
Rise Against - Savior
Sum 41 - Still Waiting

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
My suggestions depend on the workout:

Lifting I can never go wrong with some Amon Amarth. Any and all of it. If Viking themed melo-death can't get you jacked, I have no idea what will!

For running or any other cardio I tend to go a with a little prog. Something with cheesy lyrics and interesting, fast paced music behind it. Pyramaze's last album is fantastic to run to.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010

Lifting I can never go wrong with some Amon Amarth. Any and all of it. If Viking themed melo-death can't get you jacked, I have no idea what will!

For running or any other cardio I tend to go a with a little prog. Something with cheesy lyrics and interesting, fast paced music behind it. Pyramaze's last album is fantastic to run to.

So, My workouts generally consist of doing 3-4 set of 9-12 reps. In between reps, I do 60 seconds of cardio to keep the heart rate up.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot

My lifting and running mix is the same, so sometimes I have to be careful not to punch street signs while rocking out :laugh:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Really enjoying Bon Iver's 22, A Million album. Probably one of my favorites of late 2016 spilling into early 2017.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
For anyone that's interesting, here's what I've come up with so far to get pumped up when lifting:

The Beast - TechN9ne
Can't Be Touched - Roy Jones Jr.
We Own It - 2 Chainz
Kings Never Die - Eminem
Beast - Rob Bailey
Phenomenal - Eminem
'Till I Collapse - Eminem
Hold Strong - Rob Bailey
Louder - Yelawolf

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Pallbearer have really brought it to the next level with this new release. Vocals are so much better than on their previous albums and it just sounds fantastic. Sounds like a little prog has been mixed with their doom. I can't stop listening and it's pretty early, but unless Tool actually releases an album this year, this release has super potential to be my album of the year. Highly recommend listening to the embedded track and then the rest of the album.

Sidenote: Speaking of Tool, they are coming to the X in June. Tickets have been purchased!

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
New Gorillaz album dropping tomorrow. I'm hyped. They've released 4 singles already and I've liked what I've heard.

Edit: Nevermind, it's dropping April 28th. :cry:

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

(slightly NSFW)

Night Flight Orchestra. This album has been absolutely rocking my world. Speed (Soilwork) has never sounded better. Who would have thought that a guy who came up in one of the better Melo-death bands would make proggy late 70's early 80's rock sound so frickin good? So many of these songs I'm picturing 80's action movie training montages. And that's a good thing. :yo:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland

(slightly NSFW)

Night Flight Orchestra. This album has been absolutely rocking my world. Speed (Soilwork) has never sounded better. Who would have thought that a guy who came up in one of the better Melo-death bands would make proggy late 70's early 80's rock sound so frickin good? So many of these songs I'm picturing 80's action movie training montages. And that's a good thing. :yo:

That's really good.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Listened to all of Beck's album Guero for the first time in a couple years. That is such a fantastic album. Favorite Beck album by a wide margin, so many different sounds that somehow all flow together and there's not one song I dislike.

From the singles Dreams/Wow it seems that his next album is more in the Guero/Odelay make and not so much Mellow Gold/Morning Phase world, which is great.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Listened to all of Beck's album Guero for the first time in a couple years. That is such a fantastic album. Favorite Beck album by a wide margin, so many different sounds that somehow all flow together and there's not one song I dislike.

From the singles Dreams/Wow it seems that his next album is more in the Guero/Odelay make and not so much Mellow Gold/Morning Phase world, which is great.

Agreed. I like happy Beck (Guero/Odelay). I've tried getting into sad Beck (Mellow Gold/Morning Phase), but I kept bouncing off. I'm a fan of Wow and especially Dreams.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Agreed. I like happy Beck (Guero/Odelay). I've tried getting into sad Beck (Mellow Gold/Morning Phase), but I kept bouncing off. I'm a fan of Wow and especially Dreams.

My problem with the sadder Beck albums is they sound like albums a ton of artists could put out, while the happier albums have a much more unique sound.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I've been spinning the new Nokturnal Mortum album "Verity" quite a bit.

It's growing on me, though it would be virtually impossible to top their last album ("The Voice of Steel").

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
On my way to Tuska festival right now. Todays agenda has Wintersun, Baptism, Suicidal Tendencies, Barathrum, Mayhem and Sabaton. Tomorrow there's Electric Wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad