OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Ya, I was into both for a while. Lydia's album Illuminate was all-around pretty solid. Their last album before they called it quits I didn't care for at all, though.

Beneath Medicine Tree I thought was brilliant, perfect for the time I found it too (spring of 2004, in college, new girlfriend, etc). Still in my top 10 all time albums.

In Motion is also really strong, a lot more dynamic and darker, but some amazing songs on it. Probably in my top 15-25.

Eat, Sleep, Repeat was pretty dark and depressing and I didn't listen to it much because I honestly didn't need dark and depressing music at that point in my life.

You Are My Sunshine was a lot like Eat, Sleep, Repeat as it was both mellow and kind of sad, but it's grown on me so much this past few months. It's so much better in my opinion, a lot more fleshed out and orchestrated. I'd say in my top 40-50 by now.

Illuminated I felt lacked the edge to make me really get into it. First few tracks were great, then I got a little bored. They have the ambiance and the prettiness, but they lacked the excitement.

Speaking of music:

New Foo Fighters Teaser

Supposedly it's recorded in Dave Grohl's garage. IMO, doesn't matter where they recorded it if the songs don't stand up to their first two albums.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Which is a very good thing. And I think Pat Smear was touring with them as well, not sure if he contributed to the album. I have a hunch he was a good chunk of why TCATS was so damn good. He and Will Goldsmith left after the whole Dave Grohl dictatorship thing.

CT*

Anyone ever listen to Metal/Metalcore/Grindcore etc?

I went through a phase after highschool where I was all into this music, and said to myself I would NEVER listen to anything else.. It's kind of funny looking back on those days and now looking at what I listen to, mainly female vocalists and music that is completely opposite of this.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
This song always gets my blood pumping. Listened to it hundreds of times and still sends chills down my spine.

EDIT: I challenge anyone to find a better, tighter 3 piece than Jimi, Buddy Miles and Billy Cox.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Fall of Troy and SRV would come to mind for tighter, Hendrix was fairly loose, but point taken.

Ha. I know you know what I mean. That music just pumps me up. SRV and Texas Flood were super tight.. I have watched that Live at El Mocambo DVD so many times. Every single track sounds like a studio cut. I could watch their cover of Voodoo Chile on repeat for hours.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
To decompress after games I like to listen to some Pink Floyd, especially Comfortably Numb. My favorite Version is the live one done by Roger Waters.

this providence note: If you want to post a youtube video, take your link ----http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJZYG5qwHHI---- and just use the bolded portion after the v=.

Last edited by a moderator:

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Anyone planning on getting Bright Eyes newest album tomorrow? I know it already leaked, but I'll probably just buy a legit copy I think.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Edit: Must have missed CT's post. So was a re-post.

Here's a song I've always liked:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad