WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Being a musician I enjoy all kinds of music but fwiw i offer these

Definitely one of my favorites of all time

great gym song, pushes you to your limits

Songs about drinking beer are always good

all the way up to the heaviest music genres on the planet (for the bold ;))
..Could not find a good youtube video of the song but its better on cd anyways

http://www.myspace.com/vomitthesoulbrutal
song is Self Perception Veil

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

hip hop from the master.
well, one of his personalities, anyway.

so weird and so chill...

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I've been on an Audioslave binge. Chris Cornell = Musical God.
Few of my favorite songs of theirs:
Like a Stone:

Be Yourself:

Show Me How to Live:

Just a little tidbit for those who may not know, Sound Garden + Rage Against = Audioslave.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I think I just found comedic gold:

Apparently this kid has been a huge hit as well:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I got to see Audioslave's second ever show at First Ave back when my mom worked with record label people. Awesome, even if I lost some hearing. Got to meet Tom Morello to backstage, super nice guy. Chris Cornell was there and saw all the people and got spooked and ran out the back.

Just got Coheed's Year of the Black Rainbow, it's a pretty good album. Love Chris Pennie on it, from Dillinger Escape Plan, just fits very well, awesome drummer, beautiful drum tone too.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I got to see Audioslave's second ever show at First Ave back when my mom worked with record label people. Awesome, even if I lost some hearing. Got to meet Tom Morello to backstage, super nice guy. Chris Cornell was there and saw all the people and got spooked and ran out the back.

Same story with me. Saw Audioslave five or six years ago and the band went out of their way to come and talk to us before getting back on the tour bus, moved the guard rail and everything. Chris Cornell came out, a couple girls did that obnoxious "OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!!!!" then he put his hood up, got on his own separate bus and didn't look back. I said "I guess it is true -- every band has a diva." Brad Wilk didn't disagree.

CT*

Kind of a silly video, but I like this a lot.

Show me any cute female vocalist with a good voice and it's GAME OVER. :innocent:

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Show me any cute female vocalist with a good voice and it's GAME OVER. :innocent:

l_645e88fdbdb65d5e98b6195506891a89.jpg

Mindy White from Lydia? They don't exist anymore and she was mostly just back-up and keyboard, though. But she's pretty damn good looking. :naughty:

This is one of the songs she had a bigger part in...

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Stephin Merritt is one of the best lyricists out there right now.

Last edited:

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I really dig Lydia. Reminds me of Copeland big time (actually I'm pretty sure Aaron from Copeland had a guest spot on one of their tracks). And Copeland is one of my favorite bands of the last 10 years.

Ya, I was into both for a while. Lydia's album Illuminate was all-around pretty solid. Their last album before they called it quits I didn't care for at all, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->