OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread: Part Deux

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Ohhh, new +++ video dropped a few days ago. Pumped for new music from them! Chino, man, that dude has some staying power. If I'm being honest, while I do really like Deftones, I've always liked Chino's side projects a lot more. Palms was another fantastic band (Chino + Isis) that I'd kill for new music from. Same goes for Isis, now that I think of it.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

Ohhh, new +++ video dropped a few days ago. Pumped for new music from them! Chino, man, that dude has some staying power. If I'm being honest, while I do really like Deftones, I've always liked Chino's side projects a lot more. Palms was another fantastic band (Chino + Isis) that I'd kill for new music from. Same goes for Isis, now that I think of it.

Think I remember hearing a tune or two off the first disc and being surprised at how much I liked it/them. I don't dislike the Deftones, but I definitely have to be in the right mood for them.

New Katatonia is out too. Good stuff. As are the 3 new tunes from the upcoming In Flames disc.

Sounds like a throwback to their older stuff.

Moar!:

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Think I remember hearing a tune or two off the first disc and being surprised at how much I liked it/them. I don't dislike the Deftones, but I definitely have to be in the right mood for them.

New Katatonia is out too. Good stuff. As are the 3 new tunes from the upcoming In Flames disc.

Sounds like a throwback to their older stuff.

Moar!:

Shut the f*** up. Katatonia is one of my top 3 favorite bands and they have new music out... and I wasn't tracking it. I am ashamed of myself. Listening now (had to reply first... lol)

• Haha
Reactions: MK9

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
That Katatonia track is good. They aren't breaking any new ground by any means, but man... they've certainly perfected their sound. And the production and sound tone is really otherworldly (ast it has been since The Great Cold Distance). Two thumbs way up.

In Flames.... they've dissapointed me too much in the past several years to get too excited for them. Jester Race is obviously a melodeath classic.... hell... I even really loved Reroute to Remain... but everything since, no me gusta. Vids you linked sound ok though.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
New Avatar single is out as well. Video is...a bit f'd up. Great tune. Just a warning about the video is all.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
That Katatonia track is good. They aren't breaking any new ground by any means, but man... they've certainly perfected their sound. And the production and sound tone is really otherworldly (ast it has been since The Great Cold Distance). Two thumbs way up.

In Flames.... they've dissapointed me too much in the past several years to get too excited for them. Jester Race is obviously a melodeath classic.... hell... I even really loved Reroute to Remain... but everything since, no me gusta. Vids you linked sound ok though.
I like pretty much everything they've done. The new stuff is outstanding to me. Really good rewind to their Clayman-ish / Reroute To Remain era if you ask me.

Have you heard 'The Halo Effect' yet? New band of all former members of In Flames (Niclas Engelin, Pete Iwers, , Jesper Stromblad and Daniel Svensson) with Mikael Stanne from Dark Tranquility on vocals.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I like pretty much everything they've done. The new stuff is outstanding to me. Really good rewind to their Clayman-ish / Reroute To Remain era if you ask me.

Have you heard 'The Halo Effect' yet? New band of all former members of In Flames (Niclas Engelin, Pete Iwers, , Jesper Stromblad and Daniel Svensson) with Mikael Stanne from Dark Tranquility on vocals.

Yep, I really like The Halo Effect. I'd pretty much follow Stanne to whatever project he wants to work on. Love his vocals.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
New Avatar single is out as well. Video is...a bit f'd up. Great tune. Just a warning about the video is all.

I'm not familiar with Avatar at all, but that vocalist has some range! Gonna have to check them out more. I'm assuming the vid you linked was Dance Devil Dance? Yeah... that earned the age restriction, lol.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'm not familiar with Avatar at all, but that vocalist has some range! Gonna have to check them out more. I'm assuming the vid you linked was Dance Devil Dance? Yeah... that earned the age restriction, lol.
They're a band that has a pretty big underground following, but for some reason has never hit huge. They're super high energy live and just have a very intense vibe about them. Very visual as well. Johannes Eckerström, the singer, out of character is like super low key mellow. Get him on stage though and the dude is intense.

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

AOTY (it's decided) and my favorite new (to me) band. Gospel/blues mixed with hard rock, prog, black, and death metal? Unreal. The above vid is probably the only full live show I've ever watched on YouTube.... and I'm going to watch it again now.

I love watching a crowd that is clearly unaware/not fans get INTO it as the show progresses. Crowd went from a little cold to white hot

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Only the super smart, good looking, and cool ones like both

Well this explains a lot. I like hockey and don't like metal. The super smart part is correct; but I'm not going to down grade from dead sexy and totally awesome to merely good looking and cool. :banana:

• Haha

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Well this explains a lot. I like hockey and don't like metal. The super smart part is correct; but I'm not going to down grade from dead sexy and totally awesome to merely good looking and cool. :banana:
THE THEORY WORKS!!

#science

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Forgot about this masterpiece... might be tied for AOTY with Zeal and Ardor.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
RIP Jeff Beck. I’ve seen some great guitarists, but he’s probably the best. An absolute monster…

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Holy hell. This is as heavy as I've ever heard Project 86. Looking forward to hearing the rest of this album. Like most of everything they've done, but this is...damn.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'm still so incredibly butt hurt over what Amazon did with their music app. They had an edge over and something different than the random shuffle bullshit with Spotify, pandora and the like. I wish I didn't like prime video and the delivery shit as much as I do... would have dropped them in a heartbeat

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Wow... there is a bunch of really good new music out or coming out this early 23

Last edited:
  • Love

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'm still so incredibly butt hurt over what Amazon did with their music app. They had an edge over and something different than the random shuffle bullshit with Spotify, pandora and the like. I wish I didn't like prime video and the delivery shit as much as I do... would have dropped them in a heartbeat
I hate that f***ing app. I like that they have the highest bitrate, so the sound quality is fantastic. The music selection is also great. It's rare I can't find a lot of these smaller Euro hard rock bands I like. But, the POS app occasionally lags out for minutes at a time before it loads up the song/album. I despise the fact that the main page layout is different every effing time you look at it. Annoys me I have to f*** around and search for specific sections (New Releases, etc.). Especially when I'm trying to drive. It drives me nuts that you'll be on an album page or playlist page and can't get back to the home page or your library page. Click down on that page while in there? Exits out of the app to your phones home screen. It is comically unintuitive.

I don't know how they'd accomplish this, but I also really, REALLY wish there were a way to filter out bands that have the same name. There seems to be no more copyright/trademark/whatever for band or artist names. Half the bands I follow, there is some turd level homebrew DJ or crappop band with the same name that has uploaded their garbage and I have to sift through the inane crap they put out in the world.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad