OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread: Part Deux

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Holy cow, we killed a Jukebox thread. Well done, everyone. That first one dated back to 2011. Hopefully this next one doesn't take us 6 years. Bring on more tunes!

Starting this one off the right way. :banana:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
If you haven't listened to Thundercat, he's an amazing bass player.

Last edited:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Top-3 of Tuska

3. Triptykon - played some old Celtic Frost stuff too, was awesome
2. Electric Wizard - absolute doom show, great atmosphere and stuff
1. Mayhem - played their classic De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas -album fully. Epic show, had chills the whole gig. Best set since Ghost last summer.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
New Beck album is great, danceable, kinda poppy, but still kinda weird, my favorite type of beck.

Also really into Jason Isbell right now.

"Nobody here can dance like me / Everbodys clapping on the 1 and 3"

Reactions: Minnesota

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

New Frank Turner album out this year! Pumped, going to his show in June here, absolutely one of my favorite artists and his live shows are so much fun.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Probably been here before. But right now after the game. Early gray morning, stunned numbness, pint of beer, gulls screaming.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

So completey underwhelmed by the new A Perfect Circle. Embedded video is one of the better songs on the album but aside from a cool baseline about half way through it's just a whole bucket of "meh." And the majority of the album is a deeper pool of "blah."

MJK sounds great and it's perfectly mastered. But it's so God-Awfully boring. And the political overtones are lame and obtuse. I don't know, maybe it'll be a grower. If not... Hopefully the new Tool album sounds better when it comes out in 2029.

EDIT: to be fair in my opinion this band has been steadily worse every album. Mer De Noms is a classic (easily one of my all time favorite albums). 13th step was OK. Emotive was bad. Maybe I'm just biased towards their earlier sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minnesota

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Went to the Frank Turner show last night, he was phenomenal as always. But the lineup was incredible last night, all 4 artists were so good.

The Homeless Gospel Choir was raw and had so much energy. Lyrics were honest and I loved his presence on the stage.

Menzingers is a band i can't believe I hadn't heard of, their music is just right up my alley and I loved their set, just song after song and so much fun.

Lucero was very good, not usually the type of band I would be into, but the frontman was so charismatic they won me over.

Frank Turner was a ball of energy, as he always is, and having 2000+ other people yelling along to his songs is the closest thing to church I ever experience (he states in all his shows if you know the words you have to ****ing sing along). Positive and cathartic.

Frank Turner - Get Better (Show 2000 Documentary Footage)

Also he closed with Polaroid Picture, everyone wrapped their arms around each other and swayed to the refrain "Let go of the little distractions / Hold close to the ones that you love / 'Cause we won't all be here this time next year / So while you can take a picture of us" which was a surprisingly poignant way to end a concert.

Frank Turner - Polaroid Picture

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Lucero was very good, not usually the type of band I would be into, but the frontman was so charismatic they won me over.

Oh man, was Lucero in town and I missed them? Also not my normal type of music, but love this band. Heard Ben Nichols on the Improv4Humans podcast and bought their whole catalog of music that same day. Great band.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
As I was looking for a song for a NJ GDT I came across this video. All I could think was it's so non-PC (by today's standards) it has to be shared.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan

This guy is playing with Sturgill Simpson in MN at the Armory in April...sadly already sold out. Going to be an amazing show.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Yeah, I don't often find myself listening to country, but I do have an album or two of Tyler Childer's download on my phone. It's good stuff.

This is my current favorite band. I love me some Prog Rock/Metal and have no idea how these guy slipped under my radar.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sort like Eriksson-Ek without the charisma, but man, could he play.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch

This guy is playing with Sturgill Simpson in MN at the Armory in April...sadly already sold out. Going to be an amazing show.

Um...Presales are going on right now. General sales start Nov. 8th at 10:00am. Finally saw a show at the Armory(AJR). Venue is so nice, fantastic sound quality.

Edit: Looks like they added a show. The 4th is sold out the 5th goes on sale tomorrow at 10:00am.

Edit: Here is the presale code ALLYOURN

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Um...Presales are going on right now. General sales start Nov. 8th at 10:00am. Finally saw a show at the Armory(AJR). Venue is so nice, fantastic sound quality.

Edit: Looks like they added a show. The 4th is sold out the 5th goes on sale tomorrow at 10:00am.

Edit: Here is the presale code ALLYOURN

Cool, thanks a lot!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->