Confirmed with Link: The "We got Karlsson!" all-day, all-night, party all the time thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
With most players, especially given this much build up time, I'd be saying there is very little chance the player could possibly live up to the hype surrounding them and we will almost certainly end up dissapointed.... But, as this is Karlsson, assuming he stays healthy, I cannot imagine a situation where we are dissapointed with him lol.

Also, over/under on him being the next captain if he re-signs? haha

Couture will be the next captain if Pavelski goes. But definitely assistant captain for EK65.

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
With most players, especially given this much build up time, I'd be saying there is very little chance the player could possibly live up to the hype surrounding them and we will almost certainly end up dissapointed.... But, as this is Karlsson, assuming he stays healthy, I cannot imagine a situation where we are dissapointed with him lol.

Also, over/under on him being the next captain if he re-signs? haha
Poor Logan's never gonna get to be C.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Planning on getting some Karlsson Sharks apparel, but am hesitant because he might walk, what do you think in your opinion are the chances that he stay in %s?

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Vlasic for Captain; we need more of his interviews where he gets pissed at Kurz for doubting his goal scoring abilities.

I would agree with this but I think they could end up trading Vlassic eventually if they're able to re-sign Karlsson.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Couture should definitely be the next C if Pavelski walks.

A few years ago I would have laughed at the idea, but I’m on board now. Couture has matured a lot since he was in his early twenties and he’s the most competitive guy out there.

Vlasic would be an awful captain, from my perspective. Way too quick of a temper.

Reactions: HydroF

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Why do I not remember this? I knew there were anonymous coworkers comments but I always figured it was from players with brief stints like Kennedy.
I never saw Couture as being the guy tagged for making those comments.

But it has been a few years, maybe I am remembering it wrong

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Hope not. Never forget Coutures crybaby interview about being co-workers. I bet Jumbo wanted to stuff him in a garbage can after that.

Why do I not remember this? I knew there were anonymous coworkers comments but I always figured it was from players with brief stints like Kennedy.

Doug Wilson is the one who infamously said "co-workers, not teammates."

From what I can recall, Couture was interviewed against a playoff win against Nashville where he specifically had a strong game, but the team as a whole played fairly poorly. In his interview, he said he felt we had a lot of "passengers" on the team that night. I don't remember his quote word for word, but I vividly remember him using the term "passengers" to describe his teammates.

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

From what I can recall, Couture was interviewed against a playoff win against Nashville where he specifically had a strong game, but the team as a whole played fairly poorly. In his interview, he said he felt we had a lot of "passengers" on the team that night. I don't remember his quote word for word, but I vividly remember him using the term "passengers" to describe his teammates.
Which is a characteristic that I would want from a leader on my team. Sometimes you get lucky and win; doesn't mean you should get complacent.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Add another vote for Couture as captain. I have always loved the fact that he is frank about the issues with the team in his interviews. I appreciate his comments a lot more than Pavs and Jumbo who go with the, 'We played well but just didnt get the W'. Couture's interviews are a breath of fresh air after listening to DW, Pavs, PDB and Jumbo quote the company lines.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

Yeah, DW said coworkers but afaik, he was quoting anonymous players. Nothing indicating Couture.
I also have 0 qualms about the passengers comment.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Add another vote for Couture as captain. I have always loved the fact that he is frank about the issues with the team in his interviews. I appreciate his comments a lot more than Pavs and Jumbo who go with the, 'We played well but just didnt get the W'. Couture's interviews are a breath of fresh air after listening to DW, Pavs, PDB and Jumbo quote the company lines.

i feel like he's a little too serious in his interviews. crack a smile sometime, dude.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
i feel like he's a little too serious in his interviews. crack a smile sometime, dude.

Hertl for Captain?!

Yeah, DW said coworkers but afaik, he was quoting anonymous players. Nothing indicating Couture.
I also have 0 qualms about the passengers comment.

It was Doug that said "several players" made that comment in the exit interviews. Doug was also told later by one of those players to "shut his mouth and stop lying." :laugh:

Reactions: Phu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad