Confirmed with Link: The "We got Karlsson!" all-day, all-night, party all the time thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Karlsson exposes three weaknesses on the Sharks dmen:

1- Passing: their passing ability is, well, substandard compared to Karlsson. It's probably mediocre in the league on the best days.

2- Speed: I thought our speed issues would dissipate on the exit of Irwin, but truely the average speed of the dmen is below par for today's league and where it's headed.

3- Not quiting: This is the least of the weakness, but nonetheless Karlsson doesn't quit on plays. Speed helps.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
"Karlsson was voted the most difficult defenceman to play against,"

By the players themselves.

Remember they had an article in Players tribune and were asking different players who they hated to play against the most and Kyle Okposo said the hardest guy to play against was Karlsson.

As a forward you need to cover him when he joins the rush and he's so fast to turn the play around. He keeps forwards hesitating on whether to jump in the play or stay in the NZ ... Just very tough to gauge. Not many players were able to have positive shot impacts against the Bergeron line in the East but when Karlsson was on the ice he dominated against them. For example the 2016-17 playoffs.

Reactions: crossbownerf

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
"Karlsson was voted the most difficult defenceman to play against,"

By the players themselves.

Those "votes" don't make sense though. Not sure they're real. And even if, it would be based on his game with the puck. He was always bad against it.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
OF COURSE the best offensive defenceman in the universe gets more offensive zone starts, than defensive.

But the difference isn't as big as you make it out to be.

2017-2018 = 55/45%

2016-2017 = 53/47%

2015-2016 = 55/45%

2014-2015 = 53/47%

And he has pretty much always had the toughest match-ups the past 5 years. I have no idea how you could possibly have followed Ottawa extensively the past 5 years, and still maintain that he was super sheltered, being on the ice almost half of every game.

His biggest asset is and has always been to transport (in many ways) the puck out if his own zone cleanly, and as I showed you, his defensive zone starts were around 46%.

You are both statistically and objectically wrong.

I bet you spew mis-information about EK, to pump up the idea that Josi is better (?).

Let's see the defensive zone starts of the other elite defencemen.

Hedman: 46%

Doughty: 49% (48,6)

Burns: 38,5% (!)

Wonder who has been super sheltered.

Of course Burns plays sheltered minutes. And he's gonna continue to get them and Karlsson won't. That's why he's struggling.
Doughty plays the toughest minutes possible and if you wonder about Hedman's impact, compare the Bolts Goaltending numbers with/without Hedman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad