Confirmed with Link: The "We got Karlsson!" all-day, all-night, party all the time thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Boedker is projected on the Sens first line and Tierney on their second.

tenor.gif

bruh Cody Ceci is the #1 D :popcorn:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It's funny that Melnyk thinks he can save money by being cheap. He just ends up losing more money in the end.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'm sure it will turn out all right. Even though they have horrible goaltending, one of if not the worst d corps in the league, and what is probably a bottom 5 forward group, they are a team after all.

They will be winning by pure hard work. No other team will be the hard work like them.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Okay I believe now. Got a fist bump and an Autograph from THE Erik Karlsson!

IT'S REAL!!! :vhappy:

So, I was down in the BMW Lounge with about 3 people in front of me at the Jumbo line when Karlsson and Vlasic came walking by and I got to give EK a fist bump. A bit flustered from the tingle running through my body, I grabbed my "Jumbo" Jersey out of my bag just in time to hand it to Jumbo to sign. Only it was the new Jersey I had bought to get EK's sig. So now I have a new unnumbered white Jersey with Jumbo, EK & Vlasic's sig's on it.

And That's The Rest of the Story :laugh:

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
So, I was down in the BMW Lounge with about 3 people in front of me at the Jumbo line when Karlsson and Vlasic came walking by and I got to give EK a fist bump. A bit flustered from the tingle running through my body, I grabbed my "Jumbo" Jersey out of my bag just in time to hand it to Jumbo to sign. Only it was the new Jersey I had bought to get EK's sig. So now I have a new unnumbered white Jersey with Jumbo, EK & Vlasic's sig's on it.

And That's The Rest of the Story :laugh:

DId they sign it where the numbering would go?

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
DId they sign it where the numbering would go?

No. It's signed on the front logo. I just have to decide if I want to still do EK65 and just get some more sigs on it like Burns, Couture, Pav's etc... and make it a Best Of sorta thing. I'm not big on standing in lines to get Auto's, though.

I really just wanted EK and I stood in Jumbo line because I knew my friend wanted him and I had the Jumbo Jersey.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
We have two of the top three in odds for the Norris. Insane.

The odds say 41.8% either burns or EK wins the Norris. Yes, I know odds have other influences than just pure predictions, but that is still impressive.

Who would've thought a couple of years ago that we'd have three Norris trophies won by our defensemen and they weren't old and over the hill?!

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyStanley

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Henrik, William, plus Linus is already in org.

(There's also Agust, Alexander, two Antons, Bjorn, Daniel, the other Erik, two Filips, Jere, Kim, Ludwig, Martin, Mattias, Melvin, Robin, Sebastian, and Simon)

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
It's funny that Melnyk thinks he can save money by being cheap. He just ends up losing more money in the end.
It reminds me of a once great restaurant but who slowly lost customers to meddling ownership. I mean if they had a show called Organization Nightmares, Ottawa would premier.

I just don't understand the thinking behind giving up your 1st and acquiring a player who wants to be on a playoff team with only 2 years of contract, while asking your all star for a trade list, and in that same month the Hoffman drama started happening. That's like not checking if your meat cooler is working properly. And then after he trades EK he comes out and says, This is THE right moment to rebuild!

All I know is im looking forward to the sharks rolling up their sleeves as PDB likes to say, and getting to work. Oddly even though we got EK I feel we have even less pressure to win after 2015 as it still feels the pressure to get it together is on Oilers/Flames and heavily on Nashvill/Jets/Vegas and especially on Caps/Penguins/Tampa. This is why I think we could win a cup, all we need is to stay healthy.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Henrik, William, plus Linus is already in org.

(There's also Agust, Alexander, two Antons, Bjorn, Daniel, the other Erik, two Filips, Jere, Kim, Ludwig, Martin, Mattias, Melvin, Robin, Sebastian, and Simon)

I went through the list a few days ago. William is back in Sweden now and most of those others either were never drafted or never amounted to anything. The current outlook on Karlssons is just Erik (the good one), Melker, and William at the NHL level and Linus and one of the others as prospects (though the other one is such a longshot prospect that it's not really worth mentioning). And Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson as halfway counting.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
With most players, especially given this much build up time, I'd be saying there is very little chance the player could possibly live up to the hype surrounding them and we will almost certainly end up dissapointed.... But, as this is Karlsson, assuming he stays healthy, I cannot imagine a situation where we are dissapointed with him lol.

Also, over/under on him being the next captain if he re-signs? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad