Confirmed with Link: The "We got Karlsson!" all-day, all-night, party all the time thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Ordered my Karlsson jersey from icejerseys today. Can't wait for it to get here.

Ordered my Karlsson jersey from CoolHockey.com on Wednesday, got $50 off and it's hand-stitched. Now's the time to buy if you want to get a top quality jersey at a discount. I've used that company for the last 4 jerseys I've purchased and they do an amazing job.

Once the third jersey is released I'll order an EK9 for that.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Ordered my Karlsson jersey from CoolHockey.com on Wednesday, got $50 off and it's hand-stitched. Now's the time to buy if you want to get a top quality jersey at a discount. I've used that company for the last 4 jerseys I've purchased and they do an amazing job.

Once the third jersey is released I'll order an EK9 for that.

yeah I got mine for $40 off and no tax. $220 out the door. Much cheaper than the STH discount card. After tax the lesser quality Fanatics ones are nearly the same price at the Sharks store.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Boedker is projected on the Sens first line and Tierney on their second.

tenor.gif

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Boedker is projected on the Sens first line and Tierney on their second.

tenor.gif
LOL. But but but but Boedker is a cap damp with negative value and Tierney is only worth a 3rd round pick, according to the main boards.

That's still pretty bad though. They're both decent players, but they're definitely slotted higher in the lineup than they should be.

Reactions: Sandisfan

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
The worst part of the Tierney being so high is that he may end up as the 1C before they year is done. If Duchene is traded or injured that could get ugly fast

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
LOL. But but but but Boedker is a cap damp with negative value and Tierney is only worth a 3rd round pick, according to the main boards.

That's still pretty bad though. They're both decent players, but they're definitely slotted higher in the lineup than they should be.

I spent the first half of the off-season trying to explain to fans on the main boards that the Sharks would sign John Tavares if he was willing to sign in San Jose for up to $12M, and that the Sharks did not have any cap troubles that would prevent them from signing him. I never once told them that Tavares would certainly sign in San Jose, but I always made it clear that San Jose did have the room to sign him to a very large contract. One of the arguments that PinkFloyd will remember was with an Islanders fan who was insistent that absolutely nobody would be willing to take on Mikkel Boedker without San Jose sending significant assets to that team.

Then, once Karlsson’s name came up, I spent the other half trying to explain to fans on the main boards that the Sharks actually did have the pieces to make an Erik Karlsson trade. Again, just as with Tavares, I never said it was a certainty that the Sharks would trade for Karlsson. But I made it as clear as I could to everybody that as long as Dallas was not offering Heiskanen, and Tampa was not offering Sergachev or Point, that San Jose absolutely had the pieces to compete with the offers that we had heard were on the table for Karlsson. I was met with by the voices of skeptical fans who insisted that nobody wants Ryan Merkley, and that the Sharks prospect pool is among the worst in the league. I also spent time trying to convince people that the Sharks did not have to make a suboptimal trade to clear cap space to acquire Erik Karlsson, as the package sent for Karlsson would almost certainly clear enough salary for Karlsson to be fit.

And now, what do you know?

Reactions: Sandisfan

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Im usually very, very optimistic....but something feels fishy, hmm...Gonna trust my gut and not get my hopes up for him to stay. Im gonna enjoy this season then go from there until i see an extension confirmed.

I was getting similar vibes until I went back and looked at other interviews he's done, e.g. his Norris acceptance interview. I think he just talks in a way that I consider not excited haha

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Boedker is a cap dump and Tierney's value is probably around a 2nd round pick. Dorion is just a moron.

Boedker was in a position for just the type of deal that happened just as much as he could've been dumped for picks himself. The argument surrounding him was whether he was a negative asset or if the Sharks would've had to throw in something with him for another team to take him or the Sharks take back a similar contract. The answer to that is and was clearly no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad