Confirmed with Link: The "We got Karlsson!" all-day, all-night, party all the time thread (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
UnrealisticFilthyBullfrog-size_restricted.gif

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I’m gonna laugh of the SCF comes down to Toronto vs San Jose this year. Wouldn’t even be as crazy as Vegas making it last year given the offseason both those teams have had.
That just reminded me of this lol. Sorry JTR but I'm holding you to this.
Thank you so Patrick Marleau for everything you have done for this franchise. If the Leafs play the Sharks in the SCF, I will cheer for the Leafs.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Guess I can salvage what I can from the part II thread I had partially drawn up while the other was still open:

A reminder that the deal is:

San Jose gets:
D Erik Karlsson
F Francis Perron

Ottawa gets:
F Chris Tierney
D Dylan DeMelo
F Josh Norris
F Rudolfs Balcers
2019 2nd round draft pick
2020 1st round draft pick*
Conditional 2021 1st/2nd round draft pick**
Conditional 1st round draft pick (2020-2022)***

*It was originally reported that this was a conditional 2019/2020 pick depending on whether the Sharks made or missed the playoffs in 2018-19 (2019 1st if miss, 2020 if make) but this is apparently false and the pick is a conditionless 2020 1st no matter what happens with SJ's 18-19 season. Still awaiting sourced confirmation.

**If Karlsson signs a contract extension with the Sharks, Ottawa gets San Jose's 2021 2nd round pick. The pick upgrades to a 2021 1st if the Sharks reach the 2019 Stanley Cup Final (Since the language of the tweet about the conditions uses the term "upgrade" I have no idea if that means the team would still send the 2021 1st in the event that the Sharks reach the Final but fail to sign Karlsson to an extension.)

***If San Jose trades Karlsson to an Eastern Conference team prior to the completion of the 2018-19 season, Ottawa receives an indeterminate future 1st round pick from the Sharks (2021 or 2022 based on the fulfillment of any previous conditions which require the use of any preceding 1st round picks). The language of the tweet also specifically uses the word "during" when referring to the season, which makes me believe that the pick would not be forfeit if the team were to trade his expiring contract between the end of the season and the league year-end of June 30, 2019)

Now everyone, party on

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: slocal

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Nah, if they did I'd have captured that in the pic :D

Sharks Fest is next Sunday and I'm hoping he's there to sign it. Then I'll get it lettered.

shouldn't you get it lettered first? sharpie'd signatures hold better to the numbers than the jersey fabric. Though time would be a factor.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
shouldn't you get it lettered first? sharpie'd signatures hold better to the numbers than the jersey fabric. Though time would be a factor.

Yeah, there's just not enough time. Maybe I'll have him sign the patch. Hell, he might not even be there and I'll have to get it later.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I am little confused by the conditions on one of the first round picks. How can Ottawa get the Sharks 2019 1st rounder if Buffalo has it?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yeah, there's just not enough time. Maybe I'll have him sign the patch. Hell, he might not even be there and I'll have to get it later.
Some lettering places will sell you the "kit" of the necessary letters/numbers for your customization (it's now I got my Worcester jersey done. I had to buy the numbers from a shop in Buffalo that did the WorSharks' jerseys, have it shipped here, then took the kit in to the customization shop I go to locally to have them sew it on). If they have Sharks numbers already done up you could always just buy the jersey back 6 or 5 and get that signed and then get it applied later.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Not having watched much of the Sharks in recent years, which forward out there benefits most from Karlsson's up-ice vision and ability to execute a three-zone saucer pass?

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Reactions: Sandisfan

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Some lettering places will sell you the "kit" of the necessary letters/numbers for your customization (it's now I got my Worcester jersey done. I had to buy the numbers from a shop in Buffalo that did the WorSharks' jerseys, have it shipped here, then took the kit in to the customization shop I go to locally to have them sew it on). If they have Sharks numbers already done up you could always just buy the jersey back 6 or 5 and get that signed and then get it applied later.

The only "local" place I know is Hockey X in Oakland, about an 1hr away. That's where I plan on getting it lettered. Maybe I can pay over the phone and have them ship me the kit.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad