The we are over the hump thread

Drewbackatu*

Of course you don't notice that they were getting used a new coach and the following players missed significant time:

Nash
Callahan
Hagelin
Kreider (in the AHL)

and Stepan was rounding into shape

Also played the first 9 or so on the road and 11 of the 17 on the road. Played against some of the best teams too (though did lose to some bad teams).

But continue with your "objective" opinion. You clearly have an agenda because you continuously completely ignore obvious factors that make the Rangers look better than you give them credit for and then have a sanctimonious attitude about how you're more objective than other people. It's getting REALLY REALLY old.

Geez, calm down already with this agenda nonsense. The truth is they're beating lousy teams that there's no excuse to lose to.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I'm filled with excuses? This is a completely different team than it was early in the season. You completely ignore some of our best players not playing and learning a new system, and all you have is that I'm filled with excuses. What evidence? The thread was on paper. What evidence do I need? It was also projections, that's what this board is about. I have no credibility, yet every ****ing post of yours completely ignores anything positive to further your "I'm a miserable Rangers fan and I love it" agenda. Someone who completely ignores one side of the story has zero credibility.

I think the bolded is where we differ, especially when you're always projecting rainbows and sunshine. I prefer track records and evidence to aid a discussion.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
There's an ignore function for a reason.

They haven't had a particularly difficult schedule, but the way they WERE playing, they still would have lost a lot of those game.

Where's the ignore function? I'm leaving Drew because he seems to be actually want the best for the team. BRB, just wants to prove to everyone what an "objective" negative fan he is and insult people that disagree with him (to be fair I've been toting that line in this thread too). The Rangers would go 98-0 winning every game 100-0 and he'd complain that they didn't win every game 101-0.

Drewbackatu*

I am calling them mediocre. You are filled with excuses. Think you better reassess who has an "agenda" here.

You felt compelled to start a thread about how this is the deepest team since the lockout with virtually zero evidence. Do you think you have any credibility whatsoever?

Don't even waste you're time with some of these fans who wear rose colored glasses and who have as their agenda blind loyalty too much of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
At this time the top 2 lines seem to have chemistry and be clicking i would not break them up if there still clicking when nash comes back. I would try

Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Pouliot/Miller-Brassard- Nash
Mash/Pouliot/Boyle-D. Moore-Dorsett

Then if nash doesnt get going then start changing the top 2 around. Ideally Nash would help get Brass going and vica versa

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
AV has gone on record saying he won't break up lines with chemistry. If the Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello line doesn't have chemistry, I don't know what does.

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Boyle (also taking faceoffs)-Brassard-Callahan
Pouliot/Pyatt/Miller/Whomever-Moore-Dorsett

If Miller is up, I'd put him on the third line and drop Boyle to the fourth. I think it'd just be a shame to have our two best FO men on the same line.

McDonagh-Stralman
Staal-Girardi
Moore-DZ

If we could trade DZ for a top-4 quality RD or a top-6 forward, oh man.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
At this time the top 2 lines seem to have chemistry and be clicking i would not break them up if there still clicking when nash comes back. I would try

Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Pouliot/Miller-Brassard- Nash
Mash/Pouliot/Boyle-D. Moore-Dorsett

Then if nash doesnt get going then start changing the top 2 around. Ideally Nash would help get Brass going and vica versa

I think Nash starts on the 3rd line when hes back.

But I think its less about chemistry and more about easing him back into the lineup

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Geez, calm down already with this agenda nonsense. The truth is they're beating lousy teams that there's no excuse to lose to.

He brings up our record I told him that our record is worse because we had a completely different team earlier in the year. That's apparently excuses. Apparently not having 3 of our current best players for the beginning of the year against great teams on the road is an excuse.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think the bolded is where we differ, especially when you're always projecting rainbows and sunshine. I prefer track records and evidence to aid a discussion.

What track record and evidence. I bring up that we have good players who have played well before. Where is this rainbows and sunshine? Zucc and Kreider are projections, but they seem to have chemistry. Stepan seems to show that he's a good player. Richards, Hagelin, and Callahan are good players. Brassard, while inconsistent throughout his career is a good 3rd line center and has shown a lot of skill. Nash is a good player. I admitted that Pouliot is a weak link but he's decent as a 3rd liner. Moore, Boyle, and Dorsett are good 4th liners. Where is this rainbows and sunshine?

Drewbackatu*

I am calling them mediocre. You are filled with excuses. Think you better reassess who has an "agenda" here.

You felt compelled to start a thread about how this is the deepest team since the lockout with virtually zero evidence. Do you think you have any credibility whatsoever?

Don't even waste you're time with these fans who wear rose colored glasses all the time when looking at the team and whose agenda is"blind loyalty."

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
What track record and evidence. I bring up that we have good players who have played well before. Where is this rainbows and sunshine? Zucc and Kreider are projections, but they seem to have chemistry. Stepan seems to show that he's a good player. Richards, Hagelin, and Callahan are good players. Brassard, while inconsistent throughout his career is a good 3rd line center and has shown a lot of skill. Nash is a good player. I admitted that Pouliot is a weak link but he's decent as a 3rd liner. Moore, Boyle, and Dorsett are good 4th liners. Where is this rainbows and sunshine?

Let me ask you a question, since you are so into projections.

What do you think this team is? A Stanley Cup contender, or a mediocre squad that will battle for a playoff spot, be one and done or maybe win a round? Or will you run behind door #3 saying you don't know what this team is yet, which would fly in the face of how much you love projections?

What I find particularly arrogant is that you look down on any fan that has a high level of expectations. That, after 13 years with the same GM, you can still buy into the same excuses hook line and sinker. In 20 years, when Sather's cryogenic head is running the team, you'll still be bellowing the same crap.

Drewbackatu*

Where's the ignore function? I'm leaving Drew because he seems to be actually want the best for the team. BRB, just wants to prove to everyone what an "objective" negative fan he is and insult people that disagree with him (to be fair I've been toting that line in this thread too). The Rangers would go 98-0 winning every game 100-0 and he'd complain that they didn't win every game 101-0.

I appreciate you recognizing that and the fact is that I have always wanted what's best for this team which has been almost a near impossibility because of the ongoing saga of horrendous ownership and lousy management. This goes all the way back to the Emil Francis days and has carried on to the present day.

I have never seen a franchise as cursed as this one is when it comes to ownership and management issues going back to my childhood which is frustrating as hell!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Don't even waste you're time with these fans who wear rose colored glasses all the time when looking at the team and whose agenda is"blind loyalty."

You ignore my responses.

1) You seem to think that anyone that doesn't think like you is wearing rose colored glasses. Please explain to me how that's not ridiculously arrogant.

2) Thinking that the team is playing well, albeit against bad teams (which this division and conference filled with, btw) is looking at rose colored glasses, but ignoring that for large portions of the season we were missing 3 players from our current top 6 and our best forward. Also our #1 center didn't play in the preseason and had no training camp. That's 5 of our top 7 forwards. Oh and learning a completely new system. That's apparently is realism.

Only Drew and BRB are the all knowing everyone else is ignorant. You two are the ones that have all of the knowledge everyone else has rose colored glasses. Arrogant, ignorant, and pathetic.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I appreciate you recognizing that and the fact is that I have always wanted what's best for this team which has been almost a near impossibility because of the ongoing saga of horrendous ownership and lousy management. This goes all the way back to the Emil Francis days and has carried on to the present day.

I have never seen a franchise as cursed as this one is when it comes to ownership and management issues going back to my childhood which is frustrating as hell!

You must not be a Jets fan :laugh:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

How about our arguments about the '11-12 team, where I praised the first squad under Sather that could actually be mistaken for a legitimate contender. Kind of flies in the face of whatever you're trying to say here.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Let me ask you a question, since you are so into projections.

What do you think this team is? A Stanley Cup contender, or a mediocre squad that will battle for a playoff spot, be one and done or maybe win a round? Or will you run behind door #3 saying you don't know what this team is yet, which would fly in the face of how much you love projections?

What I find particularly arrogant is that you look down on any fan that has a high level of expectations. That, after 13 years with the same GM, you can still buy into the same excuses hook line and sinker. In 20 years, when Sather's cryogenic head is running the team, you'll still be bellowing the same crap.

Projecting whether the lineup is good based on knowing the capabilities of most of the players on the roster and seeing how new players are playing is entirely different from projecting the playoff (or non-playoff) results of a team down the road. The thread I started was based on knowing that he have a lot of good players based on past performances and seeing how guys like Kreider play. You want me to tell you how good the team will be in months after 17 games. I won't take your bate. That said, likely they won't win the cup because only 1 team does. That doesn't make them mediocre. I don't look down on people that have high expectations, I look down on people that bend the truth to make their one sided opinion look correct.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
How about our arguments about the '11-12 team, where I praised the first squad under Sather that could actually be mistaken for a legitimate contender. Kind of flies in the face of whatever you're trying to say here.

When did you praise those teams? The only praising I remember is during last season and this season. Which is just another excuse to ***** about the current team.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
This is still a bubble/1st round exit team in my eyes, but there is a chance a few major positives come out of this season going forward. Assuming they don't make stupid roster moves unnecessarily.

I anxiously await to be proven wrong on the former.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
This is still a bubble/1st round exit team in my eyes, but there is a chance a few major positives come out of this season going forward. Assuming they don't make stupid roster moves unnecessarily.

Theres 15 players without contracts next season. Who knows where this runaway train goes next?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

They made the second round last year without Kreider, a worse version of Richards, a worse version of Hagelin, and a worse version of McDonagh. Or at least what appears to be a worse version of the latter two. I think Richards will easily be better though and obviously no Kreider.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The Rangers were tied with florida 2-2 last night going into the 3rd period. The Rangers won 4-3.

The Rangers' wins have been over teams with a combined record of 64-77-23. Their losses have been to teams with a combined record of 82-39-18.

Together that's 146-116-41.

Chicago was tied 2-2 with edmonton last night going into the 3rd period. Chicago won 5-4.

Their wins this year have been over teams with a combined record of 83-104-29. Their losses have been against teams with a combined record of 62-25-10.

Together that's 145-129-39.

I guess chicago is mediocre too.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Rangers were tied with florida 2-2 last night going into the 3rd period. The Rangers won 4-3.

The Rangers' wins have been over teams with a combined record of 64-77-23. Their losses have been to teams with a combined record of 82-39-18.

Chicago was tied 2-2 with edmonton last night going into the 3rd period. Chicago won 5-4.

Their wins this year have been over teams with a combined record of 83-104-29. Their losses have been against teams with a combined record of 62-25-10.

There's a reason good teams are good and bad teams are bad. Most teams beat bad teams more frequently. Honestly, since we've gotten this lineup we played only a handful of good teams, so it's not like we were losing to those teams with Kreider, Hags, Cally etc. playing. (BTW, I know you agree with me, I'm agreeing with you).

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Chicago is 12-2-4

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
They made the second round last year without Kreider, a worse version of Richards, a worse version of Hagelin, and a worse version of McDonagh. Or at least what appears to be a worse version of the latter two. I think Richards will easily be better though and obviously no Kreider.

Okay and that's the Rangers. What about their opponents?

Not to mention I don't really care what anyone did in a midget season with no camps or pre-season.

Put this Ranger team out West and we're talking tank still. The most positive thing for me right now is Kreider playing well, Stepan proving last year wasn't a fluke and McD emerging as a potential future Norris candidate. If all three of those things happen I like their chances a lot more going forward.

BRB makes a valid point about contract uncertainty. Hopefully they bring back the right guys and move on from plugs, or has-beens. I have little faith in getting that part right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad