The we are over the hump thread

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Not directed at anyone in particular just thinking out loud.... However, I understand where the negativity comes from, but to put people down for not having the same view points as your stand point is childish.
Getting a new coach that has a different philosophy then the previous coach is always a building process. Torts was great at getting the most out of his players and that's why the Rangers made that run in 2011 to the conference finals but that being said AV has come in and had a new plan for the team, something these boards and fans all over called for, a high tempo offensive style.
That's not what the team was built for...
Let's also take into account that the team still hasn't played with everyone healthy with Nash coming back that should open the ice up a little bit more for guys like Brassard, Stepan, Richards, and Kreider because teams will focus on Nash.
Will I say it's impossible for the team to make a run like the Kings did... No
Would I bet on them doing that? No
Can the team still do well in the playoffs of course, that's why the cup isn't handed out to the team with the best record after 82 games.

This is something fans should just take a deep breath and see what happens

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Last night was a big loss. Its not an unrealistic possibility that this team could be staring a 4 game losing streak in the face.

It's not unrealistic to say the team could easily win 3 of their next 4 games, either. Team lost a hard-fought game to The Debs on some bad bounces. Can't win every game. What you can do is play well enough to win in a loss, and I feel this was true against both the Devils and Ducks.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
something these boards and fans all over called for, a high tempo offensive style.
Not necessarily. I think that what fans called for was an team identity, an organizational direction, start for the team to look for solutions from within as opposed to the outside all the time and the players to work hard. I think that is what most fans wanted.
This is something fans should just take a deep breath and see what happens
We have been asked to be patient and see what happens in more years than not.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Not necessarily. I think that what fans called for was an team identity, an organizational direction, start for the team to look for solutions from within as opposed to the outside all the time and the players to work hard. I think that is what most fans wanted.

We have been asked to be patient and see what happens in more years than not.

And you're gonna say that Torts didn't have an identity?
And then you're not gonna admit that AV has been trying to get a new identity? The Rangers started the season on a long road trip, starting a new system and getting a new identity takes time... Especially starting away from home without a full healthy team.. In the preseason AV literally waited till the last game to try to put together the final roster that also doesn't help chemistry. If you aren't willing to give the team time and allow them to work this out at least for one season idk what to tell you.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
It's not unrealistic to say the team could easily win 3 of their next 4 games, either. Team lost a hard-fought game to The Debs on some bad bounces. Can't win every game. What you can do is play well enough to win in a loss, and I feel this was true against both the Devils and Ducks.

You can say what you want. Barring some outliers through 18 games, this is a .500 team that has lost to good teams, been in competitive struggles with mediocre teams, and has beaten some bad teams.

They have some good teams coming up on the schedule. I know what the most likely outcome is, but yea, we'll see. We'll perpetually see what happens.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
You can say what you want. Barring some outliers through 18 games, this is a .500 team that has lost to good teams, been in competitive struggles with mediocre teams, and has beaten some bad teams.

They have some good teams coming up on the schedule. I know what the most likely outcome is, but yea, we'll see. We'll perpetually see what happens.

They have also beaten good teams. Enough with the myth.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

They should have wiped the floor with the Devils. The fact is outside of the Penguins and Kings games, this team has not beaten good teams (unless you want to include WAS).

The combined records of the teams they beat is 60-72-15.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

We beat the yellow out of the Penguins' piss. Are they a bad team?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Losing to the Devils isn't a talent issue, it's an intensity issue. The Devils treat every game against us like a finals game. We simply don't match that. What the Devils play against any other team and watch them play against the Rangers. Night and day.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Hump thread, plos.

Do you guys really think that you're not a good team if you lose to a bad one?

Since the lockout, the teams that ended up first in the conference have gone 18-8-3 against teams that ended up last. One game is a very small sample.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
So we win 3 straight and have a tough loss against the devils our rivals who in my opinion no matter if we are first and they are the worst team in history will be a coin flip due to the rivalry, people think this isn't a good hockey team? This team competes every night, PP is better, offense in general is better and I think the defense will get better. The rangers are a playoff team and if you noticed last night the PANTHERS BEAT THE DUCKS. It happens, not every team beats every team they're supposed to

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
So we win 3 straight and have a tough loss against the devils our rivals who in my opinion no matter if we are first and they are the worst team in history will be a coin flip due to the rivalry, people think this isn't a good hockey team? This team competes every night, PP is better, offense in general is better and I think the defense will get better. The rangers are a playoff team and if you noticed last night the PANTHERS BEAT THE DUCKS. It happens, not every team beats every team they're supposed to

I've heard so many people brag about the "uptempo" offense but it couldn't be farther from the truth. It's a small sample size and I expect the offense to get better but statistically our current offense is the most anemic offense of any Ranger team since the lockout BY FAR.

The Rangers are usually around 2.7 goals per game. They're currently at 2.27. That puts them on pace for 186 goals which is really bad.

Long story short, I don't understand why people are so impressed with their ability to score goals.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
I've heard so many people brag about the "uptempo" offense but it couldn't be farther from the truth. It's a small sample size and I expect the offense to get better but statistically our current offense is the most anemic offense of any Ranger team since the lockout BY FAR.

The Rangers are usually around 2.7 goals per game. They're currently at 2.27. That puts them on pace for 186 goals which is really bad.

Long story short, I don't understand why people are so impressed with their ability to score goals.

I'm not going to look up stats because the rangers offense on the road trip was anemic but over the last 10 I believe we have a few 5 goal games and a few 4 goal games? Your stat includes the road trip which I'd throw out the window because they were a totally different team. They'll average around 3 goals a game

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I'm not going to look up stats because the rangers offense on the road trip was anemic but over the last 10 I believe we have a few 5 goal games and a few 4 goal games? Your stat includes the road trip which I'd throw out the window because they were a totally different team. They'll average around 3 goals a game

Last 10 games.

Rangers have scored: 2, 4, 4, 5, 1, 5, 2, 3, 0, 3.

2.9 goals per game average.

It is small sample size of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad