The we are over the hump thread

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
17 games into the season we finally have a winning record and wouldn't you know it we are only 6 points out of first in the conference. This team is looking good this was a good win that we were supposed to win. We are doing all this without our best player so what happens when he comes back? I see
Hagelin Richards Nash
Kreider stepan zucc
Miller brassard Callahan
Pouliot Boyle dorsett

This could be the deepest we have looked in awhile.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
There are no humps until playoff qualification. This is a little jinxy!

pixie-dixie_L17.jpg

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Hump thread, pls

Tonight was kinda scary, but you have to be happy with the trend.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
No Richards and Nash. They do not go well together.

Richards didn't work well with anyone last season. Hagelin and Nash OTOH worked fantastically last season, and with the chances Hagelin is currently creating I want Nash on his line.

I think that line could work very well.

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
i wouldnt get my hopes too inflated. the Kreider-Step-Zucc line probably isnt the next FLY line or GAG line but if they are, ill be very thankful. i just dont see them keeping it up. if they cool off, i see us returning back to a modest (but still winning) hockey team who still has trouble scoring goals.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Need to ask this question at this point are we better off with AV rather then torts?

After the past few games i have to say hell yeah. The D is playing as good as it has under torts and its less dangerous, this offense is creative and looks to finally be clicking. I havnt seen an offense click like this in years coming from the rangers.

This team is fun to watch and i can see them soaring

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
i wouldnt get my hopes too inflated. the Kreider-Step-Zucc line probably isnt the next FLY line or GAG line but if they are, ill be very thankful. i just dont see them keeping it up. if they cool off, i see us returning back to a modest (but still winning) hockey team who still has trouble scoring goals.
Eeyore.gif

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Need to ask this question at this point are we better off with AV rather then torts?

After the past few games i have to say hell yeah. The D is playing as good as it has under torts and its less dangerous, this offense is creative and looks to finally be clicking. I havnt seen an offense click like this in years coming from the rangers.

This team is fun to watch and i can see them soaring

The D looked shaky today but people forget that the D looked shaky often under Torts even in 11-12.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Why are you putting Boyle and Miller on the 3rd line? We're going to have 2 3rd lines.

I suppose you could put Miller at wing and move Brassard up, but I'd like to see Miller at center with Callahan on his right.

The more likely scenario is Miller being sent down and this being assembled:

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Pouliot-Brassard-Callahan
Boyle-D.Moore-Dorsett

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
I suppose you could put Miller at wing and move Brassard up, but I'd like to see Miller at center with Callahan on his right.

The more likely scenario is Miller being sent down and this being assembled:

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Pouliot-Brassard-Callahan
Boyle-D.Moore-Dorsett

Maybe it's just me but Pouliot makes that third line look bad. Such innate abilities, 10 cent tool box.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Don't want Brassard on the 4th line. Also as soon as Nash is back I want him on Brassard line.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Going from a zone type shot blocking to a more of a man to man there will be shaky games. But the o looks good enough to overcome a shaky d performance every so often

This. Also, every team is going to have shaky performances on D. The important thing is overcoming this by being able to keep up with the team exploiting your D. The Rangers did that tonight.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Boyle-Miller-Callahan
Pouliot/D. Moore-Brassard-Dorsett

Counter

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Richards-Callahan
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Maybe it's just me but Pouliot makes that third line look bad. Such innate abilities, 10 cent tool box.

He's a bit of a weak spot. When he's on his game, he fits that line pretty well. But he's rarely on his game.

Oh well, what do you expect from a player like Poops?

I might be in the minority, but I feel like AV and co are trying to turn Brassard into a viable, two-way third line C. IMO, he's been improving his defensive game over the past few games and cutting out the idiotic blind passes and pointless turnovers. He's chipping the puck in and working his ass off. I don't think he's played poorly, but Richards/Stepan are player very well, so he's stuck behind those two, playing with two bottom-6 players (Pouliot, who is a blackhole for 85% of his ice time, and Dorsett, who creates chances, but isn't exactly loaded with skill). Hopefully he can get back to winning faceoffs like he was after the trade last year. Would be a big help.

Either way, Nash coming back gives Brassard a legitimate finisher on his line, whether it be Nash or Cally.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
He's a bit of a weak spot. When he's on his game, he fits that line pretty well. But he's rarely on his game.

Oh well, what do you expect from a player like Poops?

I might be in the minority, but I feel like AV and co are trying to turn Brassard into a viable, two-way third line C. IMO, he's been improving his defensive game over the past few games and cutting out the idiotic blind passes and pointless turnovers. He's chipping the puck in and working his ass off. I don't think he's played poorly, but Richards/Stepan are player very well, so he's stuck behind those two, playing with two bottom-6 players (Pouliot, who is a blackhole for 85% of his ice time, and Dorsett, who creates chances, but isn't exactly loaded with skill). Hopefully he can get back to winning faceoffs like he was after the trade last year. Would be a big help.

Either way, Nash coming back gives Brassard a legitimate finisher on his line, whether it be Nash or Cally.

I just want to add to that point. I feel AV is so much prudent and purposeful when he decides to bench or demote someone. He has a clear message that he wants to send and then gives the player another chance to prove himself (ala Zucc). I feel his method is so much more effective and hopefully will do good things for Brassard.

Torts, on the other hand, it happened so often that it became a situation where players would be afraid to make a mistake and be thrown in the dog house.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

That third line is ugly. Don't like that grouping of players. Zuccarello needs to be in the top-6, IMO, over Callahan, who does most of his scoring on the PP, anyway.

I see three lines that can sustain constant pressure and exploit most teams defense pairings. Brassard will get going. He's had success with MZA. Replace Pouliett with Miller if you're feeling frisky. Or Boyle if you want something more competent defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->