The we are over the hump thread

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I forgot we only count the good games. My mistake.

Where did that happen?

Nobody went through and picked only good games, just the last 10.

Its not surprising the team started a bit off learning a new system.

Is the first ~7 games more telling than the last 10? I would say no.

But either is a small sample size. Have to see how things continue to go, but this team is more adjusted system wise than they were the first few weeks, there is no doubt about that.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Where did that happen?

Nobody went through and picked only good games, just the last 10.

Its not surprising the team started a bit off learning a new system.

Is the first ~7 games more telling than the last 10? I would say no.

But either is a small sample size. Have to see how things continue to go, but this team is more adjusted system wise than they were the first few weeks, there is no doubt about that.

Team was also beaten up (missing Hagelin, Callahan, and Nash all the same time is very significant, people seem to just pretend like it means nothing) and Hank was also playing hurt. Kreider wasn't on the team yet.

They were also on a 9 game road trip against some of the best teams in the league. That's not a formula for success.

Put the Rangers against the Coyotes or Sharks with a healthy roster, and I'm pretty confident it would be a very close game.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I think we all need to step back and wait to see if this is the real Rangers or the reality is somewhere in between this and the first part of the year. Hell, they COULD regress to the road trip version of the team, although I think it's highly, highly unlikely.

The point is that we have two portions of the season to date that reinforce vastly differing narratives that people follow of the Rangers. No one should be isolating either part, really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad