GDT: The Washington Nationals are the 2019 World Series Champions!

World Series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Congrats to the Nats fan. The worst thing isn't losing, the worst thing is I work with people who aren't baseball fans/Yankees fans and they're going to rub it in. :( It's going to be a long off season.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Congrats to the Nats fan. The worst thing isn't losing, the worst thing is I work with people who aren't baseball fans/Yankees fans and they're going to rub it in. :( It's going to be a long off season.

Hey, Houston beat the Yankees, so Yankee fans can’t really make fun of you. I mean, they can, but, you know.

Reactions: punk_o_holic

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
If you just wanna see a guy enjoying life check out twitter and the Ovechkin live tweets during and after the game. Pretty good stuff.

Samantha Pell and the Capitals twitter feed pretty much have it covered.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Incredibly sentimental right now. My parents brought me to my first Expos game when I was two years old, growing up in Montreal, and told me about the Jarry Park years. I loved the likes of Carter and Dawson and Raines, through Gallarraga and Pedro. Eventually, I moved to Washington from Montreal when I was in my teens and later my club followed me here. I know the move left Montreal fans with bittersweet and mixed feelings for the team, and understand, but for me it felt like a personal connection for this transplant. Long and dreary years at RFK, then the brand new park in Southeast, to a title. Amazing. So happy.

RaginRonic

The Ragin' One. with the big shoulder chip.
Feb 23, 2018
Hamilton, Ontario
Incredibly sentimental right now. My parents brought me to my first Expos game when I was two years old, growing up in Montreal, and told me about the Jarry Park years. I loved the likes of Carter and Dawson and Raines, through Gallarraga and Pedro. Eventually, I moved to Washington from Montreal when I was in my teens and later my club followed me here. I know the move left Montreal fans with bittersweet and mixed feelings for the team, and understand, but for me it felt like a personal connection for this transplant. Long and dreary years at RFK, then the brand new park in Southeast, to a title. Amazing. So happy.

No....there's probably a prevailing sense of extreme anger in Expos fans right now that another city has their championship.

And the fact that this World Series result happened probably also confirmed one thing in the minds of Expo fans....they will never see the Montreal Expos return to MLB again, because MLB probably doesn't want that brand around as an active entity anymore.

If, somehow, they did come back, I'd want the whole history of that team returned to them, which now also includes the World Series trophy, forcing Washington to start all over again from nothing.

> = (

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
No....there's probably a prevailing sense of extreme anger in Expos fans right now that another city has their championship.

And the fact that this World Series result happened probably also confirmed one thing in the minds of Expo fans....they will never see the Montreal Expos return to MLB again, because MLB probably doesn't want that brand around as an active entity anymore.

If, somehow, they did come back, I'd want the whole history of that team returned to them, which now also includes the World Series trophy, forcing Washington to start all over again from nothing.

> = (
its been 14 years

is there really a sense of anger in montreal over the nats winning the title? its not like when the avs won the cup in '96 right after leaving QC or the rams winning the SB a few years after leaving socal

Reactions: Roman Fell

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Underrated part of this: Noted trash can Fernando Rodney somehow gets a World Series ring.

How many ****ing former Tigers won rings in this series alone? Like 4?

In that vein...LOL at this list (and the fact none of them were ON the Tigers when winning)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So why exactly did AJ Hinch bring in Osuna in the 7th inning...was he trying to get cute and save Cole for the last 3-6 outs? Might as well have brought in Cole first and let your closer pitch the closer innings if Cole couldn't finish the game.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thomas Boswell - Heroes can’t help themselves. They hear the call to battle and they charge toward the sounds of danger. Sometimes, if that admired hero is a general, no one can tell him whether his ideas about the best plan of action are wise or simply brave. Sometimes, only the field of battle gives the true answer. And you can’t know until you get there.

For more than three days, Scherzer has been 6-foot-3-inches 215 pounds of adrenaline in spikes, pure kinetic energy barely contained in a Washington Nationals uniform. After feeling angry, disappointed and perhaps even mortified Sunday when he could not pitch in Game Five of the World Series because of back and neck spasms, he made it clear that, with the help of a cortisone shot in his neck that day, he planned to pitch a Game 7, if there was one. It was not a point to be discussed.

On Sunday, when Scherzer couldn’t start, Annette Lerner, wife of team principal owner Ted Lerner, remarked what a tough break it was for the team but that, as in the lyrics from “Damn Yankees,” the 1958 Broadway play, “You’ve got to have heart, miles and miles and miles of heart.” That song is sung by the Washington Senators team to inspire itself to beat the New York Yankees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...671ab2-fb4b-11e9-8906-ab6b60de9124_story.html

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Most likely should not have pulled Grienke, burn if you are you need to put Cole in there.

You can’t let Osuna pitch to Soto either. Really poorly managed game.

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018

> = (
1. If Montreal builds a new park then there is a solid chance of the Expos 2.0 becoming a reality.
2. Not a chance Montreal would get the Washington Nationals 2005-Present history lol.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Underrated part of this: Noted trash can Fernando Rodney somehow gets a World Series ring.

How many ****ing former Tigers won rings in this series alone? Like 4?

Better him than someone like Ozuna getting a WS ring or the person that signed him.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Awwww how sentimental. The rest of us in Montreal that were diehards and went to games had our hearts ripped out and were tormented by those that followed greed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad