GDT: The Washington Nationals are the 2019 World Series Champions!

World Series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
This is going to be a fun series. Picking the Astros, but I think this is much closer than whatever the odds have the Astros favored by.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
This series is going to have a ton of strikeouts

Don’t expect another 13-12 game in Minute Maid Park

Reactions: Rob

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Astros in 5 or 6. I think Scherzer’s long ball vulnerability will show its face against this Houston lineup. Also Cole and Verlander will probably expose the fact that beyond Turner Soto and Rendon that Nats lineup isn’t likely to tear up elite pitching

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Cole-Strasburg and Verlander-Max? That'd be something to start the series. The Nats actually have the starting pitching to match the Astro aces and an underrated offense, I wouldn't sleep on their chances. The big difference is of course the bullpens. The more the Nats have to go to their pen, the faster they'll lose.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Astros in 5 or 6. I think Scherzer’s long ball vulnerability will show its face against this Houston lineup. Also Cole and Verlander will probably expose the fact that beyond Turner Soto and Rendon that Nats lineup isn’t likely to tear up elite pitching
Verlander gives up more homeruns than Scherzer. He gave up twice as many as Scherzer. Even accounting for the DH the numbers still aren't close.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This series is going to have a ton of strikeouts

Don’t expect another 13-12 game in Minute Maid Park

I mean who expected that the last time? Especially with Kershaw being one of the starters (and maybe Keuchel was the other, I'm not 100% sure on that one).

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I said Astros in 6. The starting pitching should even out. Houston has the better bullpen and their lineup is a little bit better. But who knows how the intangibles will fall out. Washington has been very hot and is well rested. Many of the Astros have been to the WS before. I'm glad they settled things with NY last night so they could line up Cole/Verlander to go against Max/SS.

I hope there's no letdown after beating NY. That was a draining series. At least in the WS the announcers won't be talking nonstop about the Yankees, it was getting ridiculous after a while. It will be nice to hear about the Stros and the Nats. Funny how the teams share a spring training venue and started the season with a grapefruit league game.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
What's funny is in another message board, the fans were getting mad for the Astros taking pitches for a strike when it was a 0-0 or a 2-0 count. They must do this in this series right? Especially against Scherzer and Strasburg. Try to build up their pitch count and get to the bullpen. I hear the bullpen isn't great besides maybe 2 to 3 pitchers. How bad is it or is it on par with the Astros?

Anyhow, hopefully the Astros win the last game they play. Hopefully Cole and Verlander keep pitching strong. Hopefully Greinke is more comfortable pitching against a NL team because of familiarity. Hopefully the offense wakes up, not just Alvarez. Others need to improve dispite having some key hits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad