GDT: The Washington Nationals are the 2019 World Series Champions!

World Series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I gotta figure Harper will win one in Philly. With the amount of money they have to spend right now it would seem unlikely in the next 5-7 years they don’t win a title

I wouldn't be so sure. Money does not always guarantee you a ring. While he's a good player, he himself is worth about 3-4 wins a season and you'll need lots of other star talent. Look at HOU, they drafted/developed the majority of their talent.

Look at the 2010-2015 Tigers, spent tons of money only to make one championship series and they lost.

Not so sure Scherzer is a Hall of Famer right now.

3 Cy Youngs, two no-no's, tons of strikeouts - should be high on the list when he retires, and has more time to rack up WAR / potentially more CY's.

I still don’t get why Detroit traded him for nothing

They didn't. He left in free agency once the Tigers realized their chances at winning with the core they had were over. They didn't want to match what the Nats gave him.

how those early-mid 2010s tigers teams never won a WS i will never understand

I always thought they were overrated.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Doug Fister has to be beating himself over the head somewhere too. He turned down an 8 year deal the week after Washington traded for him back in 2012. Just imagine what could have been

Sep 19, 2008
The number of Nats 'fans' in my office grew from like 1 guy to about 20 between last week and today.
You must be new to the city. They've had a solid fanbase since 2015.

Call people out for being bandwagon which is fine but at least make an effort to provide facts. The success from 2012 on has led to a solid fanbase. Call it bandwagon but it's been going on for several years now.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
You must be new to the city. They've had a solid fanbase since 2015.

Call people out for being bandwagon which is fine but at least make an effort to provide facts. The success from 2012 on has led to a solid fanbase. Call it bandwagon but it's been going on for several years now.

I mean when they had that slow start there was zero people in that park in late May and early June. It seems like a place that’s gonna be tough to draw when the team isn’t good

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
First of all, I just told you what I saw with my own eyes. Secondly, I've been going to Nats games for 6 years. And I sure remember Nats Park being half filled by rival fans, and not then, but this spring. To be honest, I don't mind, I primarily go because it's cheap tickets. Of course next year will be more expensive when all those long-time fans go to their first Nats games.

Sep 19, 2008
First of all, I just told you what I saw with my own eyes. Secondly, I've been going to Nats games for 6 years. And I sure remember Nats Park being half filled by rival fans, and not then, but this spring. To be honest, I don't mind, I primarily go because it's cheap tickets. Of course next year will be more expensive when all those long-time fans go to their first Nats games.
Meh I've been going as long as you and it's a whole different story. Didn't you see all the long suffering fans on Fox 5 before the game?

It's just this myth that DC isn't a baseball town and it's just not true. Nats hats are all over the place so I don't know what part of town you claim to work in but the love for the club is all over from md to DC to va

Sep 19, 2008
Seen so much bullshit about nats fans not being true fans or other crap from Orioles fans who claimed DC was not a baseball city and it makes me sick. I've spent most of my life in this city supporting their teams and the notion of a fairweather fanbase or transplant city is absolutely inaccurate. Now they may not attend most of the games like me and they may not have made all three world series games like me but hell these people have been followers of this club at least since 2012. That is when fortunes started to turn.

I've seen many people who stuck through the losing years and have old ass shirts from the rfk years. I've seen hundreds of Werth and even Harper jerseys.

Why was attendance so bad? Because Harper left? Because attendance is down overall? Hell I've been to multiple nats games this year for giveaways and I saw the empty seats too and it made me as a die-hard DC sports fanatic sick to my stomach. But those are probably league wide facttors at play here. I've seen this city support the hell out of this team prior years and get their hearts broken repeatedly. Good on them for finally getting one.

And a final note not that the expos are evil but they clearly didn't belong in Montreal. Putting them in Olympic stadium where 500 people saw them every night was disrespectful. Btw attendance was shit and they didn't do shit after 1994.

I'm glad as hell as well as other people we got a champion. On the train home from the Caps game more nats fans and gear on here than you'd ever believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad