Podcast (Audio) The Wally and Methot Show

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
An episode on Wayne and his impact on hockey in Ottawa - and probably the main reason Ottawa has an NHL team. His ownership of the Olympique, he brought a presseason game of the Oilers vs the Habs to Ottawa civic Center (the last 2 Cup winners) and it was the full kit team for both sides - probably 10 HOF in that game - Wayne, Gainey, Carbo, Roy, Kurri, Low, Anderson, Fuhr, Coffey, Messier, Naslund it was unreal - Mario Tremblay was listed in the game day program but didn’t play. Wayne spoke before the game. Packed house - best ever civic Center event.

Wayne always seemed to like Ottawa and played his last game here which meant a lot. He grew the game in the sunbelt but also in Canada - good theme for the show

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
The first episode is basically just an intro (obviously still worth watching lol). The more in depth stuff will start Monday

Reactions: Sicko

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Methot blocked me. I tho k in my younger years I mentioned his name. He does tend to search his name on Twitter I never ever tweeted at him. But I did say he should have been up for the norris when karlsson went down with the ankle injury. Ah well

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Very interesting to note on trust between the fans and e organization - rocky to say the least, in need of alcohol to be honest.

Wally’s TSN1200 interview post layoffs he threw some shade at Logan Brown and framed his relationship to the club in a new light for fans. Since then the dialogue between fans and how Logan is doing completely changed. Went from “I have no idea why they won’t even give him a look” to “Logan Brown doesn’t deserve a look” and now we are even at the stage of writing his Obit with the “injuries kept him fro the NHL, needs a fresh start”

Wally did in 1 minute what Pierre Dorion could not do in 5 years and it showed how fickle the fans are with information from the team. They take a Respected reporters account of a player over an NHL teams. It’s logical, it’s also sad for the team. But I’m sure the team is thankful, because what was looking like a “BridesMaids” style breakup will now be just a simple press release and general fans comments of “was hoping for more then a 3rd but the injuries”

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I am not a podcast person, for no particular reason, but this one seems to be a good fit for Sens fans. I’m going to give it a go :)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Very interesting to note on trust between the fans and e organization - rocky to say the least, in need of alcohol to be honest.

Wally’s TSN1200 interview post layoffs he threw some shade at Logan Brown and framed his relationship to the club in a new light for fans. Since then the dialogue between fans and how Logan is doing completely changed. Went from “I have no idea why they won’t even give him a look” to “Logan Brown doesn’t deserve a look” and now we are even at the stage of writing his Obit with the “injuries kept him fro the NHL, needs a fresh start”

Wally did in 1 minute what Pierre Dorion could not do in 5 years and it showed how fickle the fans are with information from the team. They take a Respected reporters account of a player over an NHL teams. It’s logical, it’s also sad for the team. But I’m sure the team is thankful, because what was looking like a “BridesMaids” style breakup will now be just a simple press release and general fans comments of “was hoping for more then a 3rd but the injuries”
Didn’t he imply a large part of him not making the team was that he blew up Chabot in a scrimmage

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Didn’t he imply a large part of him not making the team was that he blew up Chabot in a scrimmage

he did but I think the angle was more Logan was showing management he was done with them, and not so much the play in and of itself sealing his fate.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure if it was Wally but i had heard someone claim that hit cost Brown a spot close to the start of the season.

Anyways, im going to give this one a listen, Methot has always been great on the radio, so for that alone im interested.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not sure if it was Wally but i had heard someone claim that hit cost Brown a spot close to the start of the season.

Anyways, im going to give this one a listen, Methot has always been great on the radio, so for that alone im interested.
Yeah I remmeber reading the same thing. So it obviously wasn’t work ethic or whatever that kept him off. Alledgedly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad