Podcast (Audio) The Wally and Methot Show

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
i hope for them to be successful probably two of the most liked names in the Sens community.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Wow ,this could be so good Meth is a well spoken guy...Add in Wally and for sure this does look interesting

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm less hyped knowing Wallace is involved. Stoked for some Methot though. Maybe Wallace will be more interesting in this format than the quick TV hits he's done for TSN.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Maybe he'll regrow his cajones now that Melnyk doesn't hold the power to threaten to "bury him" anymore.

To be fair Melnyk likely did bury him in the end. When he wasnt allow to fly with the team bell media was likely paying for his travel.

Also TV rights if Melnyk really didn't like a employee in that company they wouldn't risk a future multi hundred million dollar deal over wallace. I'm excited to see if Wally opens up more about his relationship with Melnyk and how it affected his career in this podcast.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Really really looking forward to this, especially since Mendes went more general in his coverage.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
To be fair Melnyk likely did bury him in the end. When he wasnt allow to fly with the team bell media was likely paying for his travel.

Also TV rights if Melnyk really didn't like a employee in that company they wouldn't risk a future multi hundred million dollar deal over wallace. I'm excited to see if Wally opens up more about his relationship with Melnyk and how it affected his career in this podcast.
I would happily pay money for this.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I'm less hyped knowing Wallace is involved. Stoked for some Methot though. Maybe Wallace will be more interesting in this format than the quick TV hits he's done for TSN.
I have a feeling we'll see his true personality. I'm stoked for this duo (with Craigmedia) to get started.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Also TV rights if Melnyk really didn't like a employee in that company they wouldn't risk a future multi hundred million dollar deal over wallace

There is 0% chance Wallace would even be a thought in the negotiation of a TV deal like that.

Where else would the Senators go anyway?

otown

Sep 4, 2009
A great combo and hopefully a "no holds barred" approach with frank, insightful commentary on the Sens and other NHL teams.
As a former player, recently retired Methot brings a lot to the table and Wally will be the straight man who sets the table. A fantastic alternative!

Reactions: Yak

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
A great combo and hopefully a "no holds barred" approach with frank, insightful commentary on the Sens and other NHL teams.
As a former player, recently retired Methot brings a lot to the table and Wally will be the straight man who sets the table. A fantastic alternative!
The TV spots Wallace had to do were always so short and to formula, like most of them are in sports. It'll be interesting to hear him in a more candid opportunity.

Feels like we've been watching him "report" on this team for so many years and you barely know his actual thoughts and opinions other than a rare 5 or 10 minute spot on the teams' TV contract affiliated radio station or the odd article on their site.

Reactions: DrEasy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The TV spots Wallace had to do were always so short and to formula, like most of them are in sports. It'll be interesting to hear him in a more candid opportunity.

Feels like we've been watching him "report" on this team for so many years and you barely know his actual thoughts and opinions other than a rare 5 or 10 minute spot on the teams' TV contract affiliated radio station or the odd article on their site.

true, with the way social media has gone and people having so much access and people putting so much for their lives out there, feels like the formulaic sports reporting is stale. It’ll all be podcast format in a few years and they’ll have to give the fans more insite, more expertise and more to chew on.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Do we know if this is gonna be a rated E for everyone type show or maybe 14 A with a few swears :O

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Jon Abbot sounds like Wally but after he’s ingested some indica - I turned on the game and was like ‘Wally is calling games now when he’s high, that was a quick transition’

it’s bizarre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad