Podcast (Audio) The Wally and Methot Show

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
What would be the point of this venture otherwise?

Team 1200 already exists to tow the company line, no need for a 2nd.

They are not going to come out with the anti-owner theme as many dream of on hfsens.

Canada's biggest dynamic sports duo just broke up... and they are in a hockey mecca. Maybe a chance to get in with that audience?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
They are not going to come out with the anti-owner theme as many dream of on hfsens.

Canada's biggest dynamic sports duo just broke up... and they are in a hockey mecca. Maybe a chance to get in with that audience?

Many of us certainly do wish they would, but of course I don't expect it to be "anti Melnyk", whatever that means these days, but hopefully the subject along with many others arent out of bounds like they are on the Team. Maybe some interesting questions to guests too.

The sports media in Ottawa is boring and neutered, so whatever they need to do to put on an interesting show is fine by me and that requires being candid regardless of the subject.

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
To have an income?

Definitely not an income.

I think I read on here that TSN 1200 has an anverage of ~20k daily listeners.

20k viewers on a YouTube channel daily (which this will only be twice a week) can bring in $17k/yr (source)

I can't see this as income for Craig and Brent, who are both parents.

I can see this as a way of getting a new job in sports media...

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Laughed at Alfie saying Havlat flies up to Ottawa to avoid the hurricanes in Florida when they land.

Missed his dry humour. Guy is hilarious some times.

Reactions: h2 and AchtzehnBaby

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If they can capture what the steve dangle podcast does they can do well in this space. Steve Dangle and Adam also work for Rogers I believe but do the podcast aswell.

Twice a week is perfect and follows their model. It takes out a of the filler content and lets them talk about the leafs straight

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If they can capture what the steve dangle podcast does they can do well in this space. Steve Dangle and Adam also work for Rogers I believe but do the podcast aswell.

Twice a week is perfect and follows their model. It takes out a of the filler content and lets them talk about the leafs straight

Hope not, not a fan of Dangle.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
I hope there's a day when Alfie can return home to this team in some capacity.
There's something very calming seeing him speak on this team

Reactions: Ice-Tray

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Good podcast. Once they have the kinks ironed out, will be fantastic.
Alfie was honest and forthcoming without totally revealing names/ issues etc. Very good.

Reactions: cudi

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Great first episode. I don’t expect them to be a melnyk out podcast but I do wish they would have at least asked Alfie about the two times he left the org.
He ask if he want to come back in the hockey. Alfie said for sure when my familie will be older, because lots of time to spend at the arena for coaching or managing. So when he left for familie reason , I think he said the true

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think family was a reason for sure to stepping out of hockey . Also think ownership of the team was a bigger reason

Reactions: Smeddy

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
He ask if he want to come back in the hockey. Alfie said for sure when my familie will be older, because lots of time to spend at the arena for coaching or managing. So when he left for familie reason , I think he said the true

Agreed. The stuff about one of his sons having a tough time moving to Detroit reminds you these are humans who deal with the same kind of emotions we all do.

Hopefully someday he can be part of the Sens again. We know it likely wont happen with a certain someone owning the team tho.

Reactions: Smeddy and Crosside

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think family was a reason for sure to stepping out of hockey . Also think ownership of the team was a bigger reason

It’s the elephant in the room so disappointed they didn’t get into why Alfie said he hoped for new ownership or why he left Ottawa if his relationship with BM was good.
, and why he left again after saying he wanted to be involved. I know Alfie did an interview pre Detroit and said he felt he was cheated by the team because he wanted to renegotiate his final year - but they also asked him about chips and skates and we’ve heard those stories before.

stand out for me was Alfie saying the Chara/Redden teams were serious and focused. I don’t know why it stood out, but you understand why those teams got so much done and the others didn’t and to me it put into context the EK team that fell apart after the Turriz trade. Seems after they traded Turris EK checked out and with that the team had no focus because the year before they were as locked in as a team can get.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
The first real broadcast was pretty good considering they are just getting their feet wet. It will be interesting to see what other guests they will bring on.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The first real broadcast was pretty good considering they are just getting their feet wet. It will be interesting to see what other guests they will bring on.

Dion would be good. Interesting dude, drafted by Daryl Sutter who looked happier to draft him then win the Cup. Captain of the Make Believes and for Sens fans nothing better then revisiting the Bruins comeback, the run in Ottawa and mancrush with EK. The WJC team - I wonder if that’s the best team he ever played on?

Reactions: Alfie11

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Alphie was great on he show.. His ability to evaluate and communicate expectations with players was revealing. Hard to believe he would not help this front office immensely.

Reactions: senswon

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What an awesome show. Loved listening to Alfie. The Sens better make sure they are the team to give Alfie the role he needs when he’s ready to take on a pro position.

Sounds like right now he’s putting kid first, but it’s exciting to think that he might be back with us eventually.

He has a great presence on camera, very well spoken and intelligent. He’s able to expound here and there but never loses the original thread.

Reactions: Smeddy

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Alfie went from 1-2 pairs of skates in a season to 26 (!) the year the skate material switched from leather to a synthetic material. That would be such a nightmare to heat the skates to mold to your feet that many times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad