Podcast (Audio) The Wally and Methot Show

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Wow Troy Mann impressed the heck out of me in that interview. Wouldn't be surprised if he is soon promoted to assistant coach in the NHL, hopefully with the Sens.

Reactions: Yak

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Wow Troy Mann impressed the heck out of me in that interview. Wouldn't be surprised if he is soon promoted to assistant coach in the NHL, hopefully with the Sens.

Its a tricky situation and he knows it. I think he wants a HC job. Not sure you bring in a rookie coach here for the playoffs. We may lose him.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Its a tricky situation and he knows it. I think he wants a HC job. Not sure you bring in a rookie coach here for the playoffs. We may lose him.
He’s also way more valuable to us (IMO) in the AHL, but he’ll rightfully jump at an nhl job whenever it gets offered to him. Definitely a tough spot. Might get even tricker if his brother gets a promotion to AGM/GM at some point and he’d have to be in a position to fire his brother if they both end up with promotions.

the good thing though is they definitely aren’t nepotism hires. Both brothers have done terrific work here.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

TS ran this poll after that interview 721 votes as of now. Close to 70% voted Mann

I enjoyed the bit of systems talk that Mann and Methot got into. Great ad for SportsLogiq

Last edited:
Reactions: Yak and DrEasy

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
In the last episode with hitch, he said that in 04 his Flyers had the strongest team and it wasn't even close.

That's the year we had Bondra. The year we had 55 point spezza on our 4th line. We had 16 and 17 goal redden and Chara on the backend. We had like 14 guys with over 0.5ppg on our team and the guys who didn't hit that mark were character guys like Van Allen, Vermette, leschyshyn, hnidy, Neil, etc. I'm pretty sure no team was far and away better than Ottawa on paper.

Am I wrong?

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
In the last episode with hitch, he said that in 04 his Flyers had the strongest team and it wasn't even close.

That's the year we had Bondra. The year we had 55 point spezza on our 4th line. We had 16 and 17 goal redden and Chara on the backend. We had like 14 guys with over 0.5ppg on our team and the guys who didn't hit that mark were character guys like Van Allen, Vermette, leschyshyn, hnidy, Neil, etc. I'm pretty sure no team was far and away better than Ottawa on paper.

Am I wrong?

Well, idk if you're wrong but I'm pretty sure Hitch is... But credit to him for going to bat for his team.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well, idk if you're wrong but I'm pretty sure Hitch is... But credit to him for going to bat for his team.

I think he was looking at the circumstances around that team from moving on.. having to play Kapanen on D because they were so depleted while going to a 1 goal game in game 7 vs Tampa who ended up winning. I don't think he was knocking anyone else or doing all the what ifs on the teams losing in the 1st round

Reactions: Micklebot

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I think he was looking at the circumstances around that team from moving on.. having to play Kapanen on D because they were so depleted while going to a 1 goal game in game 7 vs Tampa who ended up winning. I don't think he was knocking anyone else or doing all the what ifs on the teams losing in the 1st round

I think it's the way he said it.

Along the lines of:

"I think we had the best team in the nhl that year...and I don't think it was even close honestly"

Then I look at our own team and it was way more stacked on paper so not sure what he meant. How many teams had 3 ppg players to go along with 16 and 17 goal scorers on D with most of the team over 0.5ppg in the dead puck era? Philadelphia was not better than Ottawa that year. On paper or on the ice. Let alone other teams that were stacked back then like Detroit or Colorado with more proven stars.

Either way, I thought it was a very odd comment and one that is clearly wrong.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Latest episode talks on the length of the Zub contract.

In summary, Methot likey Zub. Methot likey contract length for Ottawa.

His rationale: you have a Methot equivalent defenseman, for two years, at half the price, in 2021. BUT he does admit more term would have been nice, just wonders how much that would have cost, which none of us know.

Also shots fired at EM lol.

Love Methot but Zub >> Methot.

I think we could have signed Zub to a 4 x 4 contract and have had it be a bargain starting next season.

Reactions: Yak

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I think it's the way he said it.

Along the lines of:

"I think we had the best team in the nhl that year...and I don't think it was even close honestly"

Then I look at our own team and it was way more stacked on paper so not sure what he meant. How many teams had 3 ppg players to go along with 16 and 17 goal scorers on D with most of the team over 0.5ppg in the dead puck era? Philadelphia was not better than Ottawa that year. On paper or on the ice. Let alone other teams that were stacked back then like Detroit or Colorado with more proven stars.

Either way, I thought it was a very odd comment and one that is clearly wrong.

At the end of the day this is a debate on who the best loser was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad