Podcast (Audio) The Wally and Methot Show

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Interesting that the Sens off ice were super tight he says.

Ya ... he really wanted Ottawa to give him 4x$4...

I'm sure most guys would want an extra mil a year on their contracts too :laugh:

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009

Latest episode talks on the length of the Zub contract.

In summary, Methot likey Zub. Methot likey contract length for Ottawa.

His rationale: you have a Methot equivalent defenseman, for two years, at half the price, in 2021. BUT he does admit more term would have been nice, just wonders how much that would have cost, which none of us know.

Also shots fired at EM lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: thammias and Yak

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
What a great podcast! Having been the perfect age to become a fan at the very start of the new franchise it's awesome to see the team finally hit the franchise age where we have former players now retired who actually grew up as Sens fans as well.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Cameron episode was a bit more tame/boring. Not much going on in it. More of an interview of Dave Cameron, but in spite his interesting life, I wasn't too absorbed.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
New one is up - living in Toronto, I listen to OverDrive on TSN and love the back and forth with Hayes, Noodles and O'Neill. Should be a good one.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I still listen to the show, but the guest list was pretty front loaded in terms of star power. At this point it's down to like the team lawyer, the third string goalie from 2002, and Todd Bertuzzi.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
They definitely read HF. I'm not even taking a wild guess. I know that they do.

I'm sure most media involved with the senators do. It's a great resource to see what fans are talking about and think.

Even if this site is full of assclowns.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I still listen to the show, but the guest list was pretty front loaded in terms of star power. At this point it's down to like the team lawyer, the third string goalie from 2002, and Todd Bertuzzi.
I’d rather listen to actual personalities like Jeff than boring guys who were just on because they are ex-Sens. The top ones so far are Neil, Prust, McLennan, and ONeill

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I really hope they can get Dorion or Mann after the draft. Would love to see if they can get some more in-depth or behind the scenes stuff from them. Discussions at the draft table. Making adjustments to the draft list. How they prepare for the draft? Maybe how preparations were different this year?

Also I'd love to know how a general trade discussion happens, especially at the draft when things are under a time constraint. Team calls Dorion asking for pick X. What are the next steps Dorion takes?

Reactions: Smeddy

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
It was definitely front loaded but there’s so many other guests I’d love to see. Phillips, Redden, Heatley, Fisher, Maclean, Dorion, Tim Murray just off the top of my head, not to mention a bunch of current Sens who haven’t been on, and even perspectives we don’t get to hear often like maybe an equipment guy or team doctor. Just get anyone with ties to the org and talk to them about their time with Ottawa, that’s personally what I want to hear. I wish they had spent more time with Cameron talking about Ottawa rather than his time in Europe and whatever else.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
i still listen to it for the headlines, and some of the guest interview. I do believe for the offseason they need to switch to one show a week but they got sponsors now so it might be complicated to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad