Podcast (Audio) The Wally and Methot Show

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Tugnutt for his era was ok. Now goalies are head and shoulders above those guys. Like Anton Forsberg probably could be a huge star in the 90th. All NHL goalies now have solid fundamental technics, agility, splits, positioning, butterfly style, puck and play tracking, blocker side and a glove and they are superb athletes .

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dorion was reading social media .. and people were saying its Pierre's fault that we traded for Murray and signed him to a big contract.
He naturally concluded people were talking about Pierre Groulx.

Good sequence between Wally and Methot on the move made regarding the goalie coach and Matt Murray.
The pretty much explain the Dorion scapegoating concept. So unfair to Groulx

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Dorion was reading social media .. and people were saying its Pierre's fault that we traded for Murray and signed him to a big contract.
He naturally concluded people were talking about Pierre Groulx.

Good sequence between Wally and Methot on the move made regarding the goalie coach and Matt Murray.
The pretty much explain the Dorion scapegoating concept. So unfair to Groulx
Well at least it won't matter soon enough. If it was scapegoating, it is only a temporary cover.

Murray either gets his shit together or he doesn't and whatever direction that goes in will reflect on Dorion, as it should.

You can't hide a bad goalie getting paid 6-8 mil.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Not really.

Not every firing has to be some tragic event. They didn’t like the way their star goalie was playing, didn’t feel like he was progressing well, and so they brought a new voice into the ‘room’. It happens all the time with coaches, and it doesn’t mean that they were to blame, nor does it mean that they were held to blame by the boss. sometimes a change or shake up is what’s needed.

Everyone has said nice things about PG, and everyone seems excited about the new guy. In the end you want the goalie coach and star goaltender to be on the same page and work well together. I hope Bierk and Murray hit it off!

In the end everyone will be happy if Murray is able to return to form.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Noodles is a pretty good analyst. Thoughtful, honest .. presents his ideas well.

And I really like Gord Miller with almost anyone, he has a subtle humour to his play by play. I laughed the other night when Mike Johnson admitted to having an illegal stick & Miller said, "Mike Johnson admitting to a crime on television". He always seems to have some funny one liners or maybe the smoke in the room from the bong made me laugh. :laugh:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
And I really like Gord Miller with almost anyone, he has a subtle humour to his play by play. I laughed the other night when Mike Johnson admitted to having an illegal stick & Miller said, "Mike Johnson admitting to a crime on television". He always seems to have some funny one liners or maybe the smoke in the room from the bong made me laugh. :laugh:
Gord is the Voice.

Reactions: aragorn

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Noodles is a pretty good analyst. Thoughtful, honest .. presents his ideas well.

Weird, I think he seems like a nice guy but his analysis IMO is the same useless trash you get from a guy like Millen. He’s just more likeable.

he comes from the long tradition of analysts who have zero idea of how to provide analysis.
They mostly repeat what your eyes just saw.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Why not Straka?!? Can't name 2 of 3!
Lol touche!

That would definitely pique my interest too, but he's the oldest of the bunch with a pretty short lived Senators career ages ago so I left him out.

Corvo and Hoffman both have some Senators drama and deep playoff runs to bring to the table for an interview.

Reactions: cudi

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Next guest on Wally and Methot..... Eugene Melnyk. April Fools

Guests I'd like to see:
Zdeno Chara
Bruce Firestone
Ron McLean
Steve Yzerman

Reactions: Yak

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I can't see Heatley saying yes. Man has been shut in for so long, plus no real connection to Methot. Maybe he's friendly with Wallace?

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I can't see Heatley saying yes. Man has been shut in for so long, plus no real connection to Methot. Maybe he's friendly with Wallace?

Kinda gone the Paul Kariya route and vanished.

Maybe he'll resurface years later like Paul did at Teemu's jersey retirement lol. Something involving Spezza maybe.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Kinda gone the Paul Kariya route and vanished.

Maybe he'll resurface years later like Paul did at Teemu's jersey retirement lol. Something involving Spezza maybe.
Have either even confirmed to be close to the other? I remember Heatley not showing up to Spezza's wedding which was a big question mark at the time

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Have either even confirmed to be close to the other? I remember Heatley not showing up to Spezza's wedding which was a big question mark at the time

I don’t remember when, but I think Spezza has said they are still friends. Could be wrong though!

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I dunno, hockey isn’t complex, there isn’t much to in-depth analyze on the ice.

coverages, rotations, responsibilities, style of play, variations of systems, adaptations made in game.

it’s all a joke.
“He gets in there real hard battles away in the corner m, throws it out front to the far post and he just makes an elite play right there....”
or
“there it is, bing bang, boom and it’s in the net”
or the endless times they actual mis-describe what happened.
or for example BT and Lucic last night. Brady comes in and lays several huge hits, drives Lucic crazy, Lucic then get to the front of the net where he proceeds to cross check Brady in the fact & then punch him in the head.
“There you go just two warriors battling each other and neither giving an inch”

it’s just an asinine lazy “analysis”

That’s hockey analysis. Somehow I played the game for 20 years, watched it for 40+ and I’d say hockey analaysts have taught me next to nothing about the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad